Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leaks claims Euro Super League talks held by clubs

It would need the approval of both UEFA and FIFA so might depend on how much money they can make for it or the level of 'blackmail' these clubs have against them somewhat similar to when the PL broke and required the approval of the FA who weren't in favour of it. I seem to remember they got the ok by promising to 'donate' £££s to the other leagues and the FA.

Let them go and when it becomes the big snooze fest that it will become don't let them back into a competitive league.

think Sky would soon see a sharp fall in sports subs if they concentrated on a super league, I hate watching the so called "mouthwatering" games Man U v Chelsea etc they are so boring they are so scared of losing against a rival that they never live up to the hype. Even most of the Barcelona v Real Madrid games are the same, all they do is look for soft fouls then roll around looking to get a player sent off which inevitably someone does and then they start playing and then when which ever team with the man advantage goes onto win they act like they are far superior to the other. 

• Like 2

When it all goes tits up are the prem and the fa going to have the bollox to make the start back as none league clubs 

Let them feck off it won't last forever. Top five in the prem could be bottom five in the New league. See how they like that. Money grabbing cvnts with no thought for the fans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How can the average fan afford to fly out to Rome, Madrid or Munich every other week?

Ludicrous idea.

Have they ever been concerned about that?

Could end up being cheaper to fly to one of these clubs than pay the current PL prices

1488597.jpg?r=5bda31ccd758f

A horrible idea - elitism and greed in its true colours.

The cheek of AC Milan to lob themselves in as founding member of a 'European Super League' based on their current showing too. Useless bastards have fvcked three of my recent accas.

Edited by LCCFox96

The "brands" of these clubs have been built on continued success and winning matches, finishing bottom in a Super League isn't going to be that attractive to the wider audience despite playing top opposition each week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Capitalism is shit. 

You might think that but I would think a European super league would eventually see the breakaway clubs returning cap in hand as soon as the novelty wore off and fans realising that travelling to just 4 games in this country is a bit crap. Personally I think the rest of the clubs in the prem should refuse to play them from now on as a big fvck you invite 5 other teams in from the championship.

• Like 1

The worst thing about this is you've got big clubs such as Man U and Real Madrid who aren't anywhere near the best teams in their league. Also, ten years ago and Man City wouldn't have been invited, thirteen years before that, Chelsea wouldn't be.

The beauty of football is, as we proved, anyone can rise and fall.

• Like 1

Potentially the start of the game without fans? It would be fine for the first year but after that how sustainable would it be? Only a minority of fans could afford to consistently travel. Wouldn't it get quite dull just watching the same old same old? People like to be a part of something. If it was Leicester and me, I'd probably going to more local football or another club and when enough fans do this, interest would perhaps start to wane in the former main club resulting in less ticket sales and purchase of merchandise for example. If those teams want to go let them. If MOTD for example just concentrated on a couple of English teams and the others foreign it would soon go down the pan.

If these teams want to go then let them, it wont kill our domestic league, yes the next tv money will probably be smaller but once the novelty of this European Super League wears off it'll eventially fall apart and they'll want to come back. 

I'm personally looking forward to Spurs thinking they could finally win premier league and still finish third