Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leaks claims Euro Super League talks held by clubs

I reckon all the small clubs,should band together,and create a league called the "Normal league"

then every time a so called super club,comes a knocking, run away with the ball..and shout out loudly..

Demand     "It's my ball"   I promised my  mam , I  wouldnt lose it,and I would

always take good care of it..!!!

Braggarts can't bully me or my friends!!

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346.html

Spiegel is dropping some major leaks all week and this is quite eye opening...

The club and its sponsors were manipulating their contracts. When Chumillas asked his colleague Simon Pearce if they could change the date of payment for the sponsors from Abu Dhabi, Pearce answered in the spirit of Manchester City's executives: "Of course, we can do what we want."

Thanks for posting this.  Perhaps this and related stories deserve a separate "oil clubs" thread?

• Like 1

Sure, Spiegel are exposing things all week. But what will this actually do? Man City and their fans will scream MEDIA BIAS ATTACKS, FAKE NEWS, UEFA/FIFA will do nothing and the current trend will continue.

I don't doubt the validity of what they're doing and I'm not saying I don't want to read what's coming out, but it's not going to change anything or spring anyone into action.

If there is any truth in these leaks then  there has been a big cover up at the highest levels within Uefa. Why this isn’t resonating louder reflects the fact that the big cubs need each other re getting the ‘super league’ proposals through. Meanwhile, the silence of our journos is deafening..... .....  

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

I saw a great article today from Martin Samuel on this 'break away' league.  May be someone clever can post it on here. Excellent read!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6356043/If-greedy-pampered-clubs-want-join-super-league-call-bluff.html

This one? wish it would happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yep- Thanks I am sure some will find this quite enlightening.

12 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think the fans of every other club need a chant to sing at the 5 that are trying to destroy the league. Something with scabs in it 

Like the support we have received over the Last ten days or so. It needs a song all fans can sing to the owners of these clubs. 

It needs home and away fans at every game these clubs play to point it out. I would bet 95% of the fans of those clubs are more pissed off than we are. 

But if they do dip a toe into it the only way back should be from the very bottom of the pyramid. 

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Like the support we have received over the Last ten days or so. It needs a song all fans can sing to the owners of these clubs. 

It needs home and away fans at every game these clubs play to point it out. I would bet 95% of the fans of those clubs are more pissed off than we are. 

But if they do dip a toe into it the only way back should be from the very bottom of the pyramid. 

That's what i mean. 

• Like 1

Sponsors would never allow that to happen!

Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool could move leagues for all they want - still won't win it!

All about the money of course but wonder if the fans and players want to be travelling across Europe each week - maybe twice a week?

They already moan enough about having to play 3 games in a week!

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Sponsors would never allow that to happen!

Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool could move leagues for all they want - still won't win it!

All about the money of course but wonder if the fans and players want to be travelling across Europe each week - maybe twice a week?

They already moan enough about having to play 3 games in a week!

Absolutely. Let em go. I predict 1, possibly 2 years and the novelty will have worn off,  it just won't be that special compared to the Premiership anymore. Man City struggle to fill the ground for European matches as it is  and I mean no offence to them by that.  If they leave they should only do so in the knowledge that to return will cost an absolute ransom or have to go into the championship in order to fight for promotion. Though possibly the FA will get bought off as well.