Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StriderHiryu

Away Supporters Today

Recommended Posts

There was the odd stress case, and the rather less than classy rendition of GSTQ, and of course people took too many shirts, but it was a privilege to witness our club giving such an amazing account of itself. Grace under pressure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Their squad must have been thinking "there's no way we're winning today".

Probably thinking "I thought it was supposed to be an 11 a side game..."

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Their squad must have been thinking "there's no way we're winning today".

This is spar....nah. You know what. You can have it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it deserves it's own thread.

 

I tip my hat off to every one of the away supporters today. You did us all proud! :appl:. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and emotions of a day where you guys and girls handled it perfectly.

 

 

 

I don’t envy Burnley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it deserves it's own thread.

 

I tip my hat off to every one of the away supporters today. You did us all proud! :appl:. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and emotions of a day where you guys and girls handled it perfectly.

 

 

 

Shame there’s only five minutes... where’s the rest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The highlight post match was singing for Kasper, King, Vardy and Morgan. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Singing "champions of England you'll never sing that" immediately after the minutes silence was without doubt the mongiest thing I've ever seen in my 50 years of watching city. The respect for the occasion shown by the Cardiff fans was amazing...well done to them. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Head Honcho said:

Singing "champions of England you'll never sing that" immediately after the minutes silence was without doubt the mongiest thing I've ever seen in my 50 years of watching city. The respect for the occasion shown by the Cardiff fans was amazing...well done to them. 

Its a really poor chant anyways, cutting about the country singing at teams that are amongst the best in the land. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Its a really poor chant anyways, cutting about the country singing at teams that are amongst the best in the land. 

Absolutely. This week has highlighted how our achievement has inspired other clubs and given hope to their fans. We shouldn't be getting all Billy big bollox about it. I think I'm right in saying that it was chanted when we played Liverpool. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Head Honcho said:

Absolutely. This week has highlighted how our achievement has inspired other clubs and given hope to their fans. We shouldn't be getting all Billy big bollox about it. I think I'm right in saying that it was chanted when we played Liverpool. ?

The second most trophied club in the country...

 

There's so much more to be singing about most clubs too. I'm sure everyone we play is painfully aware how great our story was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Their squad must have been thinking "there's no way we're winning today".

Sol Bamba must have been happy that one of the linesman was lined up on their side for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

The second most trophied club in the country...

 

There's so much more to be singing about most clubs too. I'm sure everyone we play is painfully aware how great our story was. 

I'd agree with you both and join you on your high horse if we'd actually been singing 'you'll never sing that'. But we weren't.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'd agree with you both and join you on your high horse if we'd actually been singing 'you'll never sing that'. But we weren't.

Must be nice being so condescending. I think it's been long Acknowledged what was being sung and, as I'm not a ****ing moron, why it was being sung at Cardiff. 

 

But if you took a moment to read my posts, and the reply, you'll notice I refer to us going around the country singing about being champions. It isn't exactly a leap to infer that I'm talking about the original chant we've been flogging for two years. I didn't actually mention Cardiff at all. 

 

If you're going to be condescending it's probably best to do so coming from the position of understanding the conversation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Must be nice being so condescending. I think it's been long Acknowledged what was being sung and, as I'm not a ****ing moron, why it was being sung at Cardiff. 

 

But if you took a moment to read my posts, and the reply, you'll notice I refer to us going around the country singing about being champions. It isn't exactly a leap to infer that I'm talking about the original chant we've been flogging for two years. I didn't actually mention Cardiff at all. 

 

If you're going to be condescending it's probably best to do so coming from the position of understanding the conversation. 

I'll ignore the irony, and just point out that this thread is called 'away supporters today', which is what was being discussed.

 

As I implied, I agree that the chant you're referring to is crass - but discussion of that has been done to death, and perhaps doesn't belong here. Your correspondent clearly thought otherwise about what we chanted after the minutes' silence yesterday, so I apologise to you for misreading what you said in the context of having read that.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'll ignore the irony, and just point out that this thread is called 'away supporters today', which is what was being discussed.

 

As I implied, I agree that the chant you're referring to is crass - but discussion of that has been done to death, and perhaps doesn't belong here.

Discussion drifts. We're not honour bound to discuss things ONLY in the context of today. Topics will occur that require and suggest discussion outside of the remit of this ninety minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...