Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Topic closing - Why?

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've had two warning points sat on my account for years, one is for abusing the mods (kokopops) and the other is for "frivolous hooting."

I really don't think you need to worry too much about them. 

Nice one, Finners. I was just curious.

21 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Real talk, though...

What are Warning Points on my profile and what consequences do they have?

(Because I'm the nicest guy on the forum I haven't had a reason to find out.)

Once you get to five warning points, FT crack troops will rappel down from your roof, throw stun grenades in your front room and kidnap you. You will be assigned a new identity and will only be able to log in, and post on, Spurs forum "FightingCocks"

• Haha 1

Recently, I've seen a poster directly call another poster a ***t on here and it was left up.

I just jokingly replied to a poster that I liked his spelling of Fullam and I was going to adopt it, my post was immediately removed.

This is a genuine enquiry and not meant to be annoying for mods or stir up any trouble, what exactly is allowed on this site so I'm aware of how to keep within the 'guidelines'.

Edit - There's actually a whole page on here where a poster gets the piss taken out of them for 'Chrystal Palace'. It's just a little confusing, that's all.

Edited by Max Wall

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Recently, I've seen a poster directly call another poster a ***t on here and it was left up.

I just jokingly replied to a poster that I liked his spelling of Fullam and I was going to adopt it, my post was immediately removed.

This is a genuine enquiry and not meant to be annoying for mods or stir up any trouble, what exactly is allowed on this site so I'm aware of how to keep within the 'guidelines'.

how-to-teach-and-set-limits.jpg

Only had one warning point during my presence on here.

Had kindly asked a moderator for this to be removed as, at the time, it was a few years since the temlorary ban was imposed.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

56 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Edit - There's actually a whole page on here where a poster gets the piss taken out of them for 'Chrystal Palace'. It's just a little confusing, that's all.

I think it just reflects the differing views of the mods as the whole thing is so subjective plus you have to recognise that it’s not always a one off, an individual may have posted more than one iffy post or may have a history.

Then you have not all the mods are online all the time or even read all the posts.

Think of us like referees with even less specific guidelines and that’s why it’s so inconsistent.

Doesnt solve it for you but I hope it helps to understand the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that abuse is not tolerated. I don't understand how two mods can see somebody call another poster a ***t and and have differing opinions on it

Well it is possible that no mod even saw it we can't read every post so unless someone reported it it will go unnoticed.

On 15/12/2018 at 13:57, Walkers said:

I'm concerned that I have 1 warning point for "abusing an ITK", (Max this might explain the twat post was kept, ITK's are above everybody else), and 0 warning points for something with no title or explanation, which gives me a grand total of 4 warning points.

The 'moderator note' for the other one states it was for accusing another member of being a paedophile

• 4 weeks later...

I started a thread this morning called "The Nottingham Forest Syndrome" a reasoned argument concerning the change of fans attitude at clubs who get a big success. It seemed to interest people - there was no nastiness and no Puel out discussion. It then disappeared. Could someone - preferably the person who removed it - let me know why it was removed? 

Really strange when we have so many of the same Puel out threads being opened multiple times everyday which stay open without even being amalgamated. Is there a mod with a hard on for me?

and Swanny you're still on ignore so no need to reply ;) 

5 hours ago, FIF said:

I started a thread this morning called "The Nottingham Forest Syndrome" a reasoned argument concerning the change of fans attitude at clubs who get a big success. It seemed to interest people - there was no nastiness and no Puel out discussion. It then disappeared. Could someone - preferably the person who removed it - let me know why it was removed?

Really strange when we have so many of the same Puel out threads being opened multiple times everyday which stay open without even being amalgamated. Is there a mod with a hard on for me?

and Swanny you're still on ignore so no need to reply ;) 

Easy prof ...    it had   NOTTINGHAM FVCKIN FOREST   in the title ...     :thumbup:

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:16, Max Wall said:

I've had loads of warnings, usually for making excellent and constructive points but too many times (since the dullards just can't understand it).

I've reported loads of people for using unacceptable language and I don't believe anything has ever been done. All depends on whether or not you're a mod's pet or one of the good guys.

Just remember - to live outside the law you must be honest... and you won't go too far wrong.

And warning don't really do anything. Just don't disagree too often with any of the shnerbs that suck up to the mod team, otherwise you'll get a ban.

• Like 1