ozleicester

Topic closing - Why?

Ok, so my topic regarding the players/club not talking to Stringer/BBC has been closed.

I appreciate that some people in the thread were being offensive HOWEVER, surely THEY should be shut down...NOT the topic. People were discussing, it was informative to other users who werent aware of the situation and it is (IMO) a relevant discussion.

Does it just require a couple of people to demand the closing of the topic for it to be done.. Or is all it takes to close a thread is be one of the elite and become abusive/offensive?

Im sure if i went in to other topics and was offensive, I. the offensive one... would be removed/blocked/restricted/banned rather than the topic being locked.

Why was the topic locked?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Ok, so my topic regarding the players/club not talking to Stringer/BBC has been closed.

I appreciate that some people in the thread were being offensive HOWEVER, surely THEY should be shut down...NOT the topic. People were discussing, it was informative to other users who werent aware of the situation and it is (IMO) a relevant discussion.

Does it just require a couple of people to demand the closing of the topic for it to be done.. Or is all it takes to close a thread is be one of the elite and become abusive/offensive?

Im sure if i went in to other topics and was offensive, I. the offensive one... would be removed/blocked/restricted/banned rather than the topic being locked.

Why was the topic locked?

You won't find answers here. only questions. ;)

Well the Puel out topic was also closed because of people begging for the thread to be closed because of needing to ‘grieve’ and ‘show togetherness’ which is a completely separate issue from people discussing the managers tenure and decision making whilst at the football club and goes completely against the principles of a forum, present to freely discuss footballing matters. There’s lots of threads and posters I don’t like so you know what, I stay the **** out of those threads and away from those posters. I’d only ask for something to be closed if it was inappropriate or offensive. Discussing the managers tenure may be to some in present times be a poor choice, wrong decision or sour tasting but it’s not inappropriate or offensive. What’s inappropriate in this instance is being banned from footballing related free speech because a section of posters want to be seen to be grief ridden and expect everybody else to behave as they wish to be perceived.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well the Puel out topic was also closed because of people begging for the thread to be closed because of needing to ‘grieve’ and ‘show togetherness’ which is a completely separate issue from people discussing the managers tenure and decision making whilst at the football club and goes completely against the principles of a forum, present to freely discuss footballing matters. There’s lots of threads and posters I don’t like so you know what, I stay the **** out of those threads and away from those posters. I’d only ask for something to be closed if it was inappropriate or offensive. Discussing the managers tenure may be to some in present times be a poor choice, wrong decision or sour tasting but it’s not inappropriate or offensive. What’s inappropriate in this instance is being banned from footballing related free speech because a section of posters want to be seen to be grief ridden and expect everybody else to behave as they wish to be perceived.

I did ask for the thread to be closed in jest and was actually quite disappointed that it was. I think a few people just found a conversation about Puel’s position inappropriate at this time. But that shouldn’t mean that you’re then restricted from having that conversation if you wanted to. I’d happily debate it with you on a different thread!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Totally agree,

As I think I said to you in the thread and I don’t want him to be sacked. It’s not inappropriate at all and people that are too sensitive to be able to cope with discussions should restrict themselves not the other way around.