Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England v USA and Croatia Pre Match "£$%%^^&*

Rooney was great when he was very young but his goal scoring record for England is silly when you look at some of the teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_goals_scored_by_Wayne_Rooney

Its like Danny Wellbeck dropping down to the Conference and scoring 100 goals and us celebrating him as an all time great.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

Rooney was great when he was very young but his goal scoring record for England is silly when you look at some of the teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_goals_scored_by_Wayne_Rooney

Its like Danny Wellbeck dropping down to the Conference and scoring 100 goals and us celebrating him as an all time great.

Didn't realise he'd never scored against Germany,Italy or Spain, that list does look pretty poor.

42 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Didn't realise he'd never scored against Germany,Italy or Spain, that list does look pretty poor.

yep and its the 1 world cup goal he only ever scored Equal with Harry Maguire ...So you would of really expected that sort of 'legend' to contribute more.

Edited by les-tah

5 hours ago, les-tah said:

He’s scored more goals against San Marino than San Marino have actually scored in the last 5 years. I’m not sure who that’s more embarrassing for. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I just cant grasp how such an experienced and successful goalkeeper could ever think its a good idea to wait for a player to kick the penalty before actually diving. By about under 9 level you learn to guess

I rarely guessed as a keeper. Penalty takers often bottle the pen and put it pretty close to the middle. I was taught to imagine you're in a smaller goal within the goal, if they put it in the corner then fair play, if it's in the middle 2 thirds, you've got a very good chance of getting to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I rarely guessed as a keeper. Penalty takers often bottle the pen and put it pretty close to the middle. I was taught to imagine you're in a smaller goal within the goal, if they put it in the corner then fair play, if it's in the middle 2 thirds, you've got a very good chance of getting to it.

Unless you bang your head on the crossbar whilst in the smaller goal.

• Haha 2

Wasn’t going to bother, saw that Chilly is starting so now I will. 

I saw a straw poll on one of the socials the other day, basically debating whether Rooney is England’s greatest ever player, yes or no. What’s the general consensus on here? 

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

I saw a straw poll on one of the socials the other day, basically debating whether Rooney is England’s greatest ever player, yes or no. What’s the general consensus on here? 

You could argue he's the greatest ever goalscorer. The statistics support it but I'd argue Lineker is our greatest ever goalscorer, despite scoring less.

Rooney greatest ever player? Not for me.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

I'd put Shearer ahead of Rooney

• Like 1

Line-ups
England

1Pickford
2Alexander-Arnold
5Keane
6Dunk
3Chilwell
8Winks
4Delph
7Sancho