Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England v USA and Croatia Pre Match "£$%%^^&*

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Is it bad of me to wish that Chilwell didn't play in these games. It is not in Leicester's interest for him to play and they are unimportant matches.

Don't you think that might ultimately end up with a negative effect though? The better players are ambitious, if they feel they are not being recognised for their performances, they're likely to agitate for a move (or at least be more open to one).

He's been one of our best performers so we'll just have to cross our fingers, hope he smashes it, and comes home fully fit and raring to go in our next game with the added confidence of another international cap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

Don't you think that might ultimately end up with a negative effect though? The better players are ambitious, if they feel they are not being recognised for their performances, they're likely to agitate for a move (or at least be more open to one).

He's been one of our best performers so we'll just have to cross our fingers, hope he smashes it, and comes home fully fit and raring to go in our next game with the added confidence of another international cap.

You're not wrong but with all the emotional upheaval he has been through in the last couple of weeks I think he needed this week off. I believe there is a link between emotional fatigue and injuries as with any other form of fatigue. 

We need him on top form for the heavy end of year schedule that is ahead of us.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

You're not wrong but with all the emotional upheaval he has been through in the last couple of weeks I think he needed this week off. I believe there is a link between emotional fatigue and injuries as with any other form of fatigue. 

Would you want to play...??

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Ah, I thought you meant playing for England in general. I certainly don't disagree that a week off at this stage would likely have been beneficial for him. I totally agree regarding the correlation between mental and physical injuries. We do need him on top form and I do understand the concern.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Good gaaaame ! ...   England on the O fence in the first quarter of the first half .....  foullllll !! ....    great blocking !!!   

Commercial break.

No you mean time out, the commercial breaks are combined with the score/time inset.

• Like 1