Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike Oxlong

Sing for Claude

I still don't think we're ready for these debates again yet, things are still raw and ultimately with everything that's gone on, the debates are pretty petty.

There are so many things I could pick people up on but because of the reasons above i've bit my tongue.

However what I will say is alot of people have never felt or had a connection with Puel, people who say interviews and struggling to understand him doesn't matter, it does and this is why.

We had a connection, a rapport with the previous managers we've chanted the names of today.

What I will say in Puel's defence is that he's done well throughout the last couple of week, handling everything very well and I think last week at Cardiff was the first time the fans (And arguably the players - certainly publicly) felt even a slight connection with him.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

As much as it was nice to hear the crowd Chant for Claudio, big nige, shakey, cambiasso etc, and rightly so, i too thought that Claude should have got more of a chant going today, apologies if there was chants for him as I was watching on tv so maybe they weren't as prominent, to motivate a group of players through these last 2 weeks in what's been the toughest, saddest time we have been through as a club, and come away with 2 very good results speaks volumes of the manager that we have, huge credit to Claude as he's been tremendous the last couple of weeks in what has been possibly the toughest spell he will go through as a manager 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Livid said:

I did feel a little awkward today that we seemed to go through all the Claudio, Nigel, Craig and Esteban chants before a very weak rendition of Claude Puel’s Blue and White army.

I dont think a lot of people know how to pronounce Claude Puel 

Ranieri and Pearson were big achievers, trophy winners with the Club. That's why their names were sung today with such volume and feeling.

Puel is nowhere near that status. If we are beating a big club 2-0 at home with a couple of minutes to go, don't worry - he'll get his chant.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Ranieri and Pearson were big achievers, trophy winners with the Club. That's why their names were sung today with such volume and feeling.

Puel is nowhere near that status. If we are beating a big club 2-0 at home with a couple of minutes to go, don't worry - he'll get his chant.

Agree with this line of thinking. When Puel started out and had that 4 game winning streak people were singing his name, but since then given that we've been rather average there haven't been any songs. Pearson took us from League One to the Premier League and kept us there. Ranieri won us the thing. That's why they are legends and will always be remembered. To be honest had Puel got us into Europe last season we would already be signing his name.

It might have felt to him that he is a bit of a tourist at the club compared to others... but I hope us uses that as motivation to become a legend himself. Sir Alex Ferguson was literally one game away from the sack at Manchester United but turned it round. If Puel could get us on another winning streak the fans would get behind him a lot more. Perhaps it shouldn't be that way, but it's more than understandable that it is.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I lose more respect for him with every game that goes by.

If it wasn't for this tragedy he'd be on the brink of the sack and rightly so. He'll get a free pass from the club because of it, and that makes sense, but not from me.

There is a good reason he isn't popular. If you don't inspire the fans why should they sing for you?

I was saying to a friend as we watched the West Ham match that there was absolutely no doubt he'd be sacked after scraping a 1-1 draw with a ten man West Ham match, and then the accident happened. I find it interesting that people say the results right now are irrelevant, which I understand because for the players who actually were close to the owner it must have hit them incredibly hard, and the travelling for the funeral too. However, we've looked crap since around January with the occasional good match. What use is dominating them if we can't do fvckall except take it down the wing with Chilly/Ricardo and cross it in to a 5'8" Jamie Vardy surrounded by massive defenders. I've watched us through some crap spells, but I'm honestly at the point now where I'm falling out of interest in it. I can stand losing, drawing, but I can't stand the acceptance of mediocrity (Note: Before the tragedy). 

Sorry for ranting but I'm just done with it.

36 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I lose more respect for him with every game that goes by.

If it wasn't for this tragedy he'd be on the brink of the sack and rightly so. He'll get a free pass from the club because of it, and that makes sense, but not from me.

There is a good reason he isn't popular. If you don't inspire the fans why should they sing for you?

****s sake kitch

If he inspires the players then God sakes I don't care if he inspires the fans 

Before you start I do thihk he inspires the players but some don't have the quality to provide that quality in he final third

• Like 4