Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike Oxlong

Sing for Claude

47 minutes ago, BrokenRecord said:

I was saying to a friend as we watched the West Ham match that there was absolutely no doubt he'd be sacked after scraping a 1-1 draw with a ten man West Ham match, and then the accident happened. I find it interesting that people say the results right now are irrelevant, which I understand because for the players who actually were close to the owner it must have hit them incredibly hard, and the travelling for the funeral too. However, we've looked crap since around January with the occasional good match. What use is dominating them if we can't do fvckall except take it down the wing with Chilly/Ricardo and cross it in to a 5'8" Jamie Vardy surrounded by massive defenders. I've watched us through some crap spells, but I'm honestly at the point now where I'm falling out of interest in it. I can stand losing, drawing, but I can't stand the acceptance of mediocrity (Note: Before the tragedy). 

Sorry for ranting but I'm just done with it.

Bye Bye then !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

I lose more respect for him with every game that goes by.

If it wasn't for this tragedy he'd be on the brink of the sack and rightly so. He'll get a free pass from the club because of it, and that makes sense, but not from me.

There is a good reason he isn't popular. If you don't inspire the fans why should they sing for you?

How very sad.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

If it wasn't for this tragedy he'd be on the brink of the sack and rightly so. He'll get a free pass from the club because of it, and that makes sense, but not from me.

There is a good reason he isn't popular. If you don't inspire the fans why should they sing for you?

I agree.

This tragedy has saved Puel as there have (rightly) been other things to concentrate on and football results become less significant.

That doesn't however mean that just because Puel has been dignified and respectful (as I would expect from any manager) that he should suddenly get some kind of unwavering support from the fan base.

Another frustrating result today due to the cautious approach against a poor opposition for me. Mendy, Ndidi, a back four behind them, for the entire 90 minutes... how many more times?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

You ever flown to Asia and back in 3 days to mourn the loss of a family member and then played 90 minutes of PL football? 

No? 

Cautious? Didn't we have something like 22 shots? Were it not for the woodwork (twice) and a man on the line we'd have won that comfortably. 

Jeez. Smh. 

People always see what they want to see. Given the circumstances, given the lack of training, the emotionally taxing last two weeks, the flying 6000 miles and drastic time zone changes twice in a matter of days we actually did really well in my opinion. In fact, even on a normal day that was a pretty reasonable if unspectacular performance where we didn't really get the bit of luck we needed.

I'm not his biggest fan but you probably expect a bit much if you thought today's performance was a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don’t understand why people want him sacked? Are we in the relegation zone? No, we aren’t. we’re mid table which for a team that was in the championship a few years back that’s good,and against the big teams we’ve put up a good fight yes Today we should’ve won but you can’t blame puel for that or the players as they would be mentally exhausted. I hope we get Europa league this season for Vichai’s sake. But we should support puel there’s no reason why we shouldn’t...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

You ever flown to Asia and back in 3 days to mourn the loss of a family member and then played 90 minutes of PL football? 

No? 

Cautious? Didn't we have something like 22 shots? Were it not for the woodwork (twice) and a man on the line we'd have won that comfortably. 

Jeez. Smh. 

So seven defensive players on the pitch for the 90 minutes at home to a poor Burnley side is adventurous is it?

Yes we had a lot of shots. Yes we should have won. Yes it was a tough day for the players with less than ideal preparation.

But yes we never really went for it tactically by throwing some additional offensive players on in place of our defensive seven. Vardy must hate playing in this side.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

So seven defensive players on the pitch for the 90 minutes at home to a poor Burnley side is adventurous is it?

Yes we had a lot of shots. Yes we should have won. Yes it was a tough day for the players with less than ideal preparation.

But yes we never really went for it tactically by throwing some additional offensive players on in place of our defensive seven. Vardy must hate playing in this side.

Yesterday doesn't warrant analysis... The player's did amazingly well just to get on that pitch and perform. 

End of! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Really?  Are we counting Chilwell and Pereira as defensive now just to fit your theory? Those two with Vardy, Gray, Ghezzal and Allbrighton make 6 attacking players? Many teams employ two more defensive minded midfielders. If we'd scored a few more of those 22 shots would it still have been a defensive line up or merely ruined your day because it would have spoilt the opportunity to have a dig?

As has been pointed out, all those shots and no goals may equal poor finishing or sometimes just a bit of bad luck on the day. Difficult circumstances with some emotionally drained players who did well under the circumstances for me on the day. Allbrighton also carrying an injury and hadn't trained all week. Maguire and Maddison injured and who knows other than the manager why others possibly weren't picked (people quick to jump on the anti Puel bandwagon re Albrighton until he explained why)! We're rebuilding and some of the players might just not be up to the job in the long term. Just because a team is lower than you in the table doesn't give you the automatic right or expectation that you should win.

Yesterday after all that's happened was not a day to be whining about football like a bunch of big girls blouses and know it all football experts ... lest we forget.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

As usual one of the few voices of reason around here.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, polarbear said:

****s sake kitch

If he inspires the players then God sakes I don't care if he inspires the fans 

Before you start I do thihk he inspires the players but some don't have the quality to provide that quality in he final third

He clearly inspires fcuk all.

11 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Not sure about the inspiration bit. He could be mute for all I care, it’s paying to watch his brand of football and the decisions around it that disappoint me.

10 hours ago, BrokenRecord said:

I was saying to a friend as we watched the West Ham match that there was absolutely no doubt he'd be sacked after scraping a 1-1 draw with a ten man West Ham match, and then the accident happened. I find it interesting that people say the results right now are irrelevant, which I understand because for the players who actually were close to the owner it must have hit them incredibly hard, and the travelling for the funeral too. However, we've looked crap since around January with the occasional good match. What use is dominating them if we can't do fvckall except take it down the wing with Chilly/Ricardo and cross it in to a 5'8" Jamie Vardy surrounded by massive defenders. I've watched us through some crap spells, but I'm honestly at the point now where I'm falling out of interest in it. I can stand losing, drawing, but I can't stand the acceptance of mediocrity (Note: Before the tragedy). 

Sorry for ranting but I'm just done with it.

It’s not a popular take on it but I feel pretty much the same way. 

Had the accident not happened I’m uncertain he’d not have gone or be very close to going by now. If we are going to stick with him, we need to spend a serious amount on players to be able to play in this style and formation.