Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LesterHall

An outsider's view on LCFC

1 hour ago, LesterHall said:

I'm in the US and fell in love with football this summer watching the World Cup. When it ended, I started watching and reading about all the European football I could. I've been enjoying it all, and at the same time slowly narrowing down the options until I find the right team to support. I love good counterattacking play and a good underdog story, so as of a month ago I had narrowed it down to three: Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, and Leicester City.

Then the tragedy at the King Power happened, followed by two weeks of nothing like I have ever seen in the sporting world. I was completely moved by the photos of shirts and scarfs from all teams left outside the KP, by the midnight appearance of an actual fox, by to two gutty performances on the pitch surrounding a whirlwind trip to Thailand, by videos of Jamie Vardy and his wife grieving for their friend and chairman, by the raw emotion of the LCFC podcast hosts, and most of all by the true love shown for Khun Vichai by LCFC supporters on this message board and at the stadium on Saturday. 

In the last two weeks, you all have shown your true class and humanity. In my opinion, the Leicester City community is everything a sporting community should be. If you would have me, I would be honored to join you as a LCFC supporter.

You will hate me and put me on ignore by the end of the January transfer window

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, LesterHall said:

I'm in the US and fell in love with football this summer watching the World Cup. When it ended, I started watching and reading about all the European football I could. I've been enjoying it all, and at the same time slowly narrowing down the options until I find the right team to support. I love good counterattacking play and a good underdog story, so as of a month ago I had narrowed it down to three: Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, and Leicester City.

Then the tragedy at the King Power happened, followed by two weeks of nothing like I have ever seen in the sporting world. I was completely moved by the photos of shirts and scarfs from all teams left outside the KP, by the midnight appearance of an actual fox, by to two gutty performances on the pitch surrounding a whirlwind trip to Thailand, by videos of Jamie Vardy and his wife grieving for their friend and chairman, by the raw emotion of the LCFC podcast hosts, and most of all by the true love shown for Khun Vichai by LCFC supporters on this message board and at the stadium on Saturday. 

In the last two weeks, you all have shown your true class and humanity. In my opinion, the Leicester City community is everything a sporting community should be. If you would have me, I would be honored to join you as a LCFC supporter.

Welcome, this is the worst thing to happen to us, but just to warn you it’s not easy to be a city fan, football wise, massive highs and lows over the years.

But watch us go now, top will push us on and we will be top 6 as Vichai wanted.

Our anthem is when your smiling, learn it well my friend, and then sing it to fast like we do ? 

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LesterHall said:

welcome mate. There's never a dull moment with Leicester. Where about in the US are you?

• Like 1