Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LesterHall

An outsider's view on LCFC

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

You're from Bahston and (1) picked an underdog club, (2) based in part on the class shown by the supporters?  lol

You are clearly a very independent thinker, with taste that rises well above the crowd.  Well played!

My interest began when the club were drop-bound at Christmas all of four years ago.  But it feels like ages.

It's some kind of dog years thing.  What takes seven years to happen to a normal club, only takes one year for Foxes.  You will cram extra lifetimes' worth of fan experience in by following this club.

By that logic I've got about 350 years in as a Leicester fan.

No wonder I'm finding it hard to get out of bed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cropwellfox said:

As long as you learn these three little words you’ll be fine.... I blame Wellens.

Welcome to undoubtedly the best club in the world ?

Welcome

You'll also need to learn that every problem could be solved by swapping the family stand with the kop. 

• Like 3

On 12/11/2018 at 16:22, LesterHall said:

I'm in the US and fell in love with football this summer watching the World Cup. When it ended, I started watching and reading about all the European football I could. I've been enjoying it all, and at the same time slowly narrowing down the options until I find the right team to support. I love good counterattacking play and a good underdog story, so as of a month ago I had narrowed it down to three: Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, and Leicester City.

Then the tragedy at the King Power happened, followed by two weeks of nothing like I have ever seen in the sporting world. I was completely moved by the photos of shirts and scarfs from all teams left outside the KP, by the midnight appearance of an actual fox, by to two gutty performances on the pitch surrounding a whirlwind trip to Thailand, by videos of Jamie Vardy and his wife grieving for their friend and chairman, by the raw emotion of the LCFC podcast hosts, and most of all by the true love shown for Khun Vichai by LCFC supporters on this message board and at the stadium on Saturday. 

In the last two weeks, you all have shown your true class and humanity. In my opinion, the Leicester City community is everything a sporting community should be. If you would have me, I would be honored to join you as a LCFC supporter.

Welcome to the family @LesterHall I’ve been supporter since I was a kid and the last 20 odd years have been one heck of a rollercoaster, but remember two phrases and you’ll be fine #keepthefaith #foxesneverquit 

oh, one last bit of advice, if we lose a game- don’t come on here for a few hours until some of us calm down!:scarf:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

I’m in Charleston, South Carolina on business and my Uber driver last night called Joe is a wolves fan! I was the first Leicester fan he had met but he knew all about us.

I love shit like that. I was getting a taxi from the airport in Singapore and got chatting to the driver. He was a local, but had supported Liverpool for 30 years and knew all about Leicester City - this was 5 years before we even got promoted. 

On 12/11/2018 at 12:45, LesterHall said:

Thank you all! @urban.spaceman Yes, it's my actual name. @marbles Near Boston, MA.

Welcome aboard!

Reach out to @beantownfoxes--  Patrick, one of our old NY Foxes guys and good friends, is looking to start a group up there.

Also, if you can make it to NYC on December 8th and 9th, we're having some pretty awesome LCFC events-- you can reach out to me for more details.

• Thanks 1