Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ecdysiast

Claudio to Fulham

Not sure how I feel about this. I'm absolutely buzzing to see him back, Claudio is the absolute man. I hope he does well and keeps Fulham up. I enjoy the BBC Sport news updates with Ranieri quotes in very much as well. 

Just feel there was a lot to be said for him leaving the PL for good as a champion when we parted company with him. His call though, I just hope for his sake he does well now. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

maybe most sensible clubs look at the year after we won the league as well and see how bad we were and think yeah we ain’t gonna win the league if we employ him. 

dont think he will even come close to keeping them up if the last 9 months as our manager are anything to go by. he had a good go at taking our title winning squad down, let alone a team that are already rock bottom a third of the way into the season. 

Absolutely. I'll always be thankful for what Ranieri achieved here in that first season, but I honestly don't think any professional football manager could have done much worse after that season ended. We were the champions, and we were very clearly headed for relegation.

Fulham have some good players, on paper, but having seen them in action recently, they look a really awful team. I think maybe they've changed too much over the summer and lost what made them such a threat last season in the Championship. I won't be surprised to see them relegated.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Jamie Vardy

It couldn’t happen, could it? Unthinkable a few seasons ago, a reportedly tense relationship with manager Claude Puel, could see the Englishman leave the King Power in the near future. Per The Telegraph, though he has regained favour in recent weeks, tensions are said to be at a high since his dropping from a important game against West Ham, as well as his wife liking social media posts criticising the French manager.

At Fulham, the burden placed on the talented forward Aleksandar Mitrović is weighing heavily. Five goals in 12 appearances is an extremely respectable return, but the Serb has failed to live up to his scintillating start, coinciding with Fulham’s six straight losses by not hitting the back of the net.

Support couldn’t come better from Vardy, who will be 32-years-old in January and would no doubt love to be reunited with the manager with whom he achieved the impossible, and 'has, and always will have [his] complete respect'. 

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/leicester-city-star-jamie-vardy-set-for-fulham-reunion-with-claudio-ranieri

I thought he was going to Wolves for £30 million, according to Steve Bull? Obviously having turned Arsenal down he'd jump at the chance to join Fulham.

He'll end up at Middlesbrough with Ndidi going there on loan too.

Someone on here called this a few weeks ago and I did think it made a bit of sense.

I think there's a good chance he keeps them up this year. He rarely starts badly anywhere.

Next year however....

But good luck to him. Our game against him was always going to happen at some point but I think after what's happened, there's going to far less nonsense written by people about it.

Ranieri s brilliance in our title win was he did nothing to alter the status quo. We all know the team was up and running before then but hats off to him for running with it. The next season he was forced to change and was hopelessly inept. Still without him we probably wouldn’t have won the league. 

Good luck fella

• Like 2