Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel craves January transfer window to rebalance his Leicester City squad

All five out of contract will be gone in the summer plus King, Silva, Slimani, Kapustka & even Diabate. Even with Benkovic and Barnes to come back into the first team, we'll need to make a decent investment in the squad over the next 12 months or so.

It'd be nice to add some proven Premier League players but unfortunately that's not cheap.

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He’s already had two transfer windows. How more is he going get before the penny drops that his style of football is not popular.

Its supposed to be entertainment ffs.

Lets see how good a manager he is by working with the very talented squad he’s got! 

Puel out please.?‍♂️

:doh:

17 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Quite simply, I think a target man is a must; its a waste letting Chilwell and Ricardo charge forwards at times as simply they have nothing to aim at. This could also be rectified by signing a CM who likes to get on the end of crosses.

Iborra? 

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Wouldn't give new contracts to any of those 5. We all know Fuchs is off anyway (bit pointless him still being here tbh), and as much as I love Wes Morgan I hope he gets a goodbye towards the end of the season. 

Do we have cover at LB? It could make sense to pay him off as he’s going in the summer anyway but if we’re paying him surely it’d make sense to keep him as cover. Can’t see him being a bad person to have around the club to be honest. 

34 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah and i would like hourly noshes and £100m but it’s not very likely.

I think we’d have a far better chance of getting Moses and Fabregas than you getting daily noshes! I haven’t seen you before but I bet your an ugly bas@ard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It says we have a bloated squad, may need to have it over the Christmas period but won't so much in the new year, which makes sense. With Silva rarely even making the bench, King out of the squad and James unable to contribute anything yet, midfield is obviously bloated unless there's any intention to switch to 5-3-1-1 at any point in which case you'd need three plus one or two on the bench and one to cover injuries and suspensions. Whatever you think of King, it's a ridiculous situation to have a 30 year old left out of the squad. Get Fulham on the phone.

The other odd case is Benny at CB, an international, big fee, big wage but as likely to be in January's squad as I am. His salary, injury record and moments of psychopathic blood rush are likely to be off-putting (that's Benny, not me). Fulham?

As for incoming it depends on answers to some ongoing questions - do we see Ricardo as a reliable right back rather than winger, if not Clyne from Liverpool would be an option and are we ever going to be brave enough to play one holding midfielder and give the other a little more license to join in the attacks in which case Loftus-Cheek or Shelvey would be ideal. The only way Newcastle would let Shelvey go may be a package deal of Silva and a couple of others broadening their squad and Giving Ashley some justification..

In reality though I think we'll ship out three or four on loan, Silva to Portugal or Spain on loan before an "undisclosed fee" sale in the summer, maybe get a small fee for one of those getting to the end of their contracts and then bring in a Diabate type wild card and perhaps a Dragovic type loan of a semi established player from Europe.