Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel craves January transfer window to rebalance his Leicester City squad

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I wasn’t quick to slate Puel?

I think Cahill still has a decent couple of seasons left personally. A Harry/Cahill partnership would be good imo.

Your right sorry Col I bundled the 2 comments together and came up with 1 apologies.

• Like 1

I imagine getting Simpson, Morgan, Benalouane, Fuchs, Okazkai off the books at the end of the year will be quite helpful for the wage structure. 

It's taking time but slowly that title-winning squad is being phased out and replaced. 

As for January - I don't think there's a desperate need to sign anyone new, although long-term we do need another striker. 

To be honest I don't think we'll do much - maybe one or two signings at most, if that. January is a terrible time for getting value for money. 

• Like 1

Cahill has looked old in the few games he has played this season...legs have gone.

Clyne I have already mentioned at RB. good solid addition.

With the youth we already have in our squad , a couple of senior additions I would prefer. Mid/late twenties.

One being a target man so we can have some one on the end of all the crosses we put into the box

On 17/11/2018 at 09:39, RonnieTodger said:

I suppose we would’ve had Elder, but you’re right - he’s probably great to have around. It just seems like a bit of a wasted year for him personally though. 

I don't think Fuchs is wasting his time, he seems to be having quite an impact on Chilwell.  I'd imagine he's getting a lot of satisfaction from the results of his mentoring

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Loftus-Cheek would be an incredible signing for us, exactly the kind of player we need.

Would love this if its full time and not a loan.

The lad is ruining his career at Chelsea.. hes crazy if hes not seen what moving to another club can do for his career playing week in week out.

Hes still very young so he still has time to save his career in terms of fulfilling his potential at the highest level.

On 16/11/2018 at 12:31, Lovejoy said:

The thing about this is that any new left back is not going to displace Chilwell, so is it worth paying good money for a benchwarmer? Elder might actually get a chance.

I mean, we're forgetting that Elder is our only defender that kept a clean sheet against Man City last year, whilst at Wigan. He should get a chance soon, presuming there'll be at least 3-5 players leaving at the end of the year.

32 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

I mean, we're forgetting that Elder is our only defender that kept a clean sheet against Man City last year, whilst at Wigan. He should get a chance soon, presuming there'll be at least 3-5 players leaving at the end of the year.

Nice of you to join us Callum.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I think having Fabian Delph alongside Wilf would keep the defensive stability Claude wants there but also give us another quality passer, so I'd try to get him but I doubt City would let him go

Delph is a very capable midfielder, a sort of Milner type player. We tried to sign Milner a couple of seasons ago, I’d have loved that and still would. 

49 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I think having Fabian Delph alongside Wilf would keep the defensive stability Claude wants there but also give us another quality passer, so I'd try to get him but I doubt City would let him go

Delph is no doubt a decent player.

The sort if player half our fan base would moan was limited past his best etc. Exactly like if we had signed Milner. But we could really do with a few older heads around if we persist with youth. But those we have already seem to get limited game time as it is.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Delph is no doubt a decent player.

The sort if player half our fan base would moan was limited past his best etc. Exactly like if we had signed Milner. But we could really do with a few older heads around if we persist with youth. But those we have already seem to get limited game time as it is.

he's not exactly old either you could get a good 4/5 years out of him and is in game LB cover so no need for 3 defenders on the bench as an added bonus