Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel craves January transfer window to rebalance his Leicester City squad

2 hours ago, MPH said:

id pay whatever it takes to get Callum Wilson.

I very much doubt he'd see Leicester as anything of a step up from Bournemouth as things stand though really - only maybe in wages if given a hard to resist contract in January or next close season. I think he'd be more likely to go to stay at Bournemouth this season and then maybe go to one of the 'big six' in the close season if they come in for him, especially if he continues to excel internationally.....or perhaps even an Everton.  

13 minutes ago, Guy said:

I very much doubt he'd see Leicester as anything of a step up from Bournemouth as things stand though really - only maybe in wages if given a hard to resist contract in January or next close season. I think he'd be more likely to go to stay at Bournemouth this season and then maybe go to one of the 'big six' in the close season if they come in for him, especially if he continues to excel internationally.....or perhaps even an Everton.  

i’d say long term sustainability we are a better shout than Bournemouth. we’ve had 4 people in the England squad this year and that’s it now chillwell and maguire are England regulars make no bones about it and some would put money on Maddison too by the Euros.

lets be realistic yes  maguire, maddison and  chillwell will probably move on to a top 4 team and that’s ok... we have played. huge part in getting them established in the England team so maybe we can do the same for Wilson? none of the top 6 were willing to take a punt on maguire and maddison so i’d say for sure it could help him get there

• Like 2

On 08/12/2018 at 23:45, Mehrez said:

This isn’t correct, he’s played 9 times at right back and 4 at right wing, personally think he’s doing well, shaky at the beginning of the season but has now settled relatively quickly

Exactly... There was always that element of risk with playing him at right back. The club knew that. Ricardo got absolutely hammered when he faced Liverpool in the Champions League, but like Chilwell is developing defensive solidity. We definitely need another Left and Right back soon, seeing that Fuchs (another of our title winning heroes) is leaving in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ricardo has been one of our best players in the last 6-7 games. He's now up to speed on the rigours of the PL. Good player.

Well spoken. He is an absolute beast and adds so much more than Simpson going into attack. Him and Chilly marauding down the wings could be deadly.

On 09/12/2018 at 00:40, Freeman's Wharfer said:

There's no reason we couldn't have had a window like Everton (where they've brought in top quality in Bernard, Gomes and Richarlison). Except for the fact we have a manager who could never attract that quality of player.

Sorry but that hasn't really helped them at all. Andre Gomes was such a risky move seeing that he has had like 3 sh*t seasons in a row and Richarlison has had a good start but slowed down considerably. Reckon Felipe Anderson is the signing of the summer and we should have stolen him from under the Hammer's noses.

Everton and West Ham made a huge amount of signings and it's difficult for all of them to be a success but amongst the recruits there's definitely been some good signings. We are growing increasingly frustrated at how inhibited we are going forward but overhauling a squad does need time otherwise there's so much money wasted which we've seen happen with us already. Realistically i'd like to see at least one more attacking option brought in in January and depending on the outgoings in central midfield then a more dynamic central midfielder who can come in and play alongside Ndidi or Mendy in certain matches. It isn't requiring 4-5 new players right now, yes long term we might need 2 new wingers, 2 new strikers and another central midfielder but just for now we need another option up top and with the likely departure of King and Silva then why not see if there's a central midfielder who could come and change it up, even if it's short term.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Well spoken. He is an absolute beast and adds so much more than Simpson going into attack. Him and Chilly marauding down the wings could be deadly.

i think we are well positioned to go 3 at the back with 2 wing backs now. Evans is up to speed  aswell and playing quite well at times- we know that Morgan’s leg would have to drop off before he’s sent to the bench. i hope he is doing his coaching badges as he’ll probbly have a job for life if he wants it.

but anyway going 3 at the back and having wing backs could also be away of us having 2 up front as  i really feel we miss that..

33 minutes ago, MPH said:

i think we are well positioned to go 3 at the back with 2 wing backs now. Evans is up to speed  aswell and playing quite well at times- we know that Morgan’s leg would have to drop off before he’s sent to the bench. i hope he is doing his coaching badges as he’ll probbly have a job for life if he wants it.

but anyway going 3 at the back and having wing backs could also be away of us having 2 up front as  i really feel we miss that..

Why would we miss something we didn’t use? Shinji didn’t play upfront he was basically an extra more advanced midfielder

We have to look to the longer term. Callum Wilson is a good player, of that there is no doubt, but it will cost a lot of money to get him here, especially in January and I don't really see where he fits into the team whilst Vardy is still here.  Like any other player, Wilson's form can be up and down.  At the moment it is up but that shouldn't cloud our judgement.

We need three quality, goal scoring strikers.  We have two at the moment, but one is played in a system that doesn't suit his style.  In the short term we should be looking to get an experienced striker at the tail end of his career, who has played at a very high level.  Someone that would be happy to come off the bench or lead the line as a lone striker in Vardy's absence.

I agree with the comments in here that we should be looking to play 352 but we have the players to do that now.  Iheanacho and Vardy up front together could work very well with Maddison behind.  We don't do that and tend to play 4231 with Vardy as the lone striker.  If Callum Wilson comes in, I don't see the formation changing overnight meaning that unless Vardy is going to be dropped, Wilson would be competing for that second striker position with Iheanacho, in a team that doesn't play with a second striker!

I think we can show over the last ten years or so that we are not totally unlike any other team in that probably half of our signings have a positive impact on the team and the other half don't fit with the system/aren't all that good and fade away.  For this reason, rather than spending in the region of £40m on one player who might not even play that much, I'd seriously be looking at spending £20m on 4 or 5 younger players with something to prove from lower leagues/Europe with some kind of 12-18 month plan for them to succeed Vardy. If two or three of them don't make the grade but one or two do, that's good business IMO.

No striker of any established repute is going to come here whilst we play one up top with Vardy starting. If we sign anybody at all in the striker dept I’d think it would be somebody for the U23’s we a view to first team in the next season or two.

Best we can hope for is a winger/forward (in the mould of Zaha but obviously not him who can do both or play as part of a front three) and a creative midfielder or some utility player that is mediocre in all those positions!

I know we did the impossible and won the league but I think quite a few people have got ideas of grandeur. Bournemouth will not sell Wilson to us unless we pay a stupid amount of money, far more than the player is actually worth.  They are above us in the league with a chance of Europe.  They see us as a rival.  There is very little chance of signing any first team players from Bournemouth.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Antonio? Reckon he fits the Vardy mould.

Antonio would be a interesting option imo. A good, direct, powerful player that would offer us something slightly different as a striking option and can also play on the wing and at full back. I'd consider him more of a 'utility option' in that he can cover the two positions most fans are keen to recruit (striker + winger) to a very reasonable standard without being an outstanding pick in either position. 

• Like 1

A lot of mention about another striker not coming here as they know they will play second fiddle to Vardy. BUT what if Puel's intention is to switch to 2 upfront and hasn't been able to apply it due to the lack of players in the squad that would fit the bill?

Absolutely no clue about that just a random thought that popped into my head.

My shout and i think it would be reasonable is Mitrovic, he is tall, young and if Fulham do go down would be looking for a new club. 

23 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

A lot of mention about another striker not coming here as they know they will play second fiddle to Vardy. BUT what if Puel's intention is to switch to 2 upfront and hasn't been able to apply it due to the lack of players in the squad that would fit the bill?

Absolutely no clue about that just a random thought that popped into my head.

My shout and i think it would be reasonable is Mitrovic, he is tall, young and if Fulham do go down would be looking for a new club. 

Well personally, it'd be great if he has a plan beyond 4231 but nothing in his career or current selections suggests anything else sadly.