Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2018

Anyone keen on watching this?

Reckon Anne Hegerty will be the dark horse to do well in it, although she is concerned the Autism that she has will affect her in the different environment.

Not sure on Redknapp senior.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

There was a time when I liked Redknapp. Can't say that's the case now really. If you take out his FA cup win with Portsmouth, he really didn't achieve very much and spent an awful lot of money unwisely whilst doing so. He has the intertoto with WHU and Spurs league cup win but he won less than 50% of his games with Spurs, was part of nearly ruining Portsmouth and spunked money up the wall at West Ham. Did a decent job with Bournemouth but not a great managerial record overall.

7 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Always a couple of fitties on … one won it last year … cute posh little blonde thing .. can't remember her name mind something like Toffy or Tufty.

Didn't see it last year but Tufty? Haha, I hope that's true.

Am I the only one who remembers the Tufty road safety adverts in the 70's and the Tufty club?

Edited by Max Wall

20 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

There was a time when I liked Redknapp. Can't say that's the case now really. If you take out his FA cup win with Portsmouth, he really didn't achieve very much and spent an awful lot of money unwisely whilst doing so. He has the intertoto with WHU and Spurs league cup win but he won less than 50% of his games with Spurs, was part of nearly ruining Portsmouth and spunked money up the wall at West Ham. Did a decent job with Bournemouth but not a great managerial record overall.

Well tbf, he stabbed Portsmouth in the back not just once but twice, he left them for there bitter rivals in 2005! returned back to Portsmouth a few months later, then a few years later he did the same thing again in 2008. Not just that he over flooded the wage bill with overrated players, leaving them in a right mess. Probably almost killing the club. For me he comes across as vile person, in his interviews they make he's friendly and honest but then when you see off air when the camera's on rolling he's goes right strop. I can see us seeing the real Redknapp in the jungle.  

John Barrowman will be alot of fun and reckon be favourite to win. Noel Edmonds will certainly be interesting one when he joins further down the line.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Well tbf, he stabbed Portsmouth in the back not just once but twice, he left them for there bitter rivals in 2005! returned back to Portsmouth a few months later, then a few years later he did the same thing again in 2008. Not just that he over flooded the wage bill with overrated players, leaving them in a right mess. Probably almost killing the club. For me he comes across as vile person, in his interviews they make he's friendly and honest but then when you see off fair when the camera's on rolling he's goes right strop. I can see us seeing the real Redknapp in the jungle.  

John Barrowman will be alot of fun and reckon be favourite to win. 

Yep, that's pretty much what I was saying, with some additions.

Barrowman will probably be favourite to win with the bookies I imagine.

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Yep, that's pretty much what I was saying, with some additions.

Barrowman will probably be favourite to win with the bookies I imagine.

He's almost put Birmingham in the crap too, even though he was only there a few months he signed alot of high waged overrated players in the summer.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

He's almost put Birmingham in the crap too, even though he was only there a few months he signed alot of high waged overrated players in the summer.

That seems to have been his modus operandi tbh. The chairman are also accountable for letting him do it but he was always the common denominator.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Loathe it personally so I’m considering trolling this thread like the Algerians on our Facebook page when we announced the LGBT Rainbow Laces campaign. 

Expect vomit emojis. 

This thread would be rugby thread without you mathfacker.

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Well tbf, he stabbed Portsmouth in the back not just once but twice, he left them for there bitter rivals in 2005! returned back to Portsmouth a few months later, then a few years later he did the same thing again in 2008. Not just that he over flooded the wage bill with overrated players, leaving them in a right mess. Probably almost killing the club. For me he comes across as vile person, in his interviews they make he's friendly and honest but then when you see off air when the camera's on rolling he's goes right strop. I can see us seeing the real Redknapp in the jungle.  

John Barrowman will be alot of fun and reckon be favourite to win. Noel Edmonds will certainly be interesting one when he joins further down the line.

Call me naive but I would have thought there would be others who are accountable for high wage bills as well.   Not sure why Redknapp always get the full blame,  I am not defending him but I feel that others have would contributed as well.   Managers identify targets,  DOFs etc would have did all of the negotiating.  

6 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Call me naive but I would have thought there would be others who are accountable for high wage bills as well.   Not sure why Redknapp always get the full blame,  I am not defending him but I feel that others have would contributed as well.   Managers identify targets,  DOFs etc would have did all of the negotiating.  

True I suppose, though seems coincidence some of the clubs he's been with have had financial problems after he'd left, Portsmouth, QPR, Birmingham.  He'd would have been lost in the England job without a transfer window.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1