Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wright.dan

Adrien silva

9 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Iborra has had more chances than Silva and hasn't nailed down a starting spot.

As for Silva, the whole transfer has been a nightmare for both parties, and not an inexpensive one either. It's up to Silva to raise his game and force his way in but he hasn't been capable of doing that. Given his start, I guess we shouldn't be surprised but he's been an incredible waste of money.

IMO, Iborra has done well generally when he was in the side. Remember the decent run he had during Oct - Dec 2017 and all the fans were cheering for him. Then he dropped out of the side for no fault of his own. It is just unlucky for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

IMO, Iborra has done well generally when he was in the side. Remember the decent run he had during Oct - Dec 2017 and all the fans were cheering for him. Then he dropped out of the side for no fault of his own. It is just unlucky for him.

Maybe.

The real disappointment with Iborra is that he hasn't managed to nail down a place despite our midfield being woefully short creatively. He's had decent games but it still feels like he really hasn't done enough. 

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Maybe.

The real disappointment with Iborra is that he hasn't managed to nail down a place despite our midfield being woefully short creatively. He's had decent games but it still feels like he really hasn't done enough. 

I agree it has been a disappointment, but I feel though it has been more due to Puel’s stubborn preference for Ndidi, unjustifiably in my opinion. I think it would be a loss if Iborra leaves us in Jan.

Also, yesterday’s game showed us that our strength is really in direct football. I like us playing a bit more on the ground too, and a bit more like Man City-que, but we are not Man City and we can only be 7th to 8th at best playing using the current style. We need to play to Vardy’s strength while he is still at his peak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I agree it has been a disappointment, but I feel though it has been more due to Puel’s stubborn preference for Ndidi, unjustifiably in my opinion. I think it would be a loss if Iborra leaves us in Jan.

Also, yesterday’s game showed us that our strength is really in direct football. I like us playing a bit more on the ground too, and a bit more like Man City-que, but we are not Man City and we can only be 7th to 8th at best playing using the current style. We need to play to Vardy’s strength while he is still at his peak.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, I don't think Vinnie has really done enough.

As regards playing style and finishing position, I get your point of view though, to be honest, 7th or 8th is probably the apex of where will finish, regardless of playing style.

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't get the love in by some people for Iborra, whilst he has some technical ability he's slow and at times cumbersome. Why is Ndidi being picked over him? Simply put, he's a player far better suited to the pace and rigours of the Premiership, albeit he too can be expensive at giving the ball away at times. Iborra looks good in a slower pace game granted where he has time to think and spray the odd good ball about but, that sort of pace, which he probably got in Spain, is a rarity in the Premiership. 

As for Silva and the myth it's because he hasn't had a decent run in the side I give you Mendy. One game and has been ever present since. Silva is lightweight,  can't see let alone track runners and again, just can't cope with the pace of our game. Disappointing for me is his weakness and him being easily getting knocked off the ball, that is something he could of and should have done something about and hasn't. 

Both are undoubtedly very good players in their right setting at the right club. I just don't feel either of them are remotely suited to the Premiership  and more importantly Leicester City. Aged around 30 I think it's too late for them to adapt sadly. A question worth asking any of their supporters is whether they could conceivably see any other Premiership club rushing in and trying to buy them in a transfer window, because I certainly don't. Both big expensive mistakes who we'll be very lucky to get any form of compensation for and no doubt they're on such good contracts nobody from Spain or Portugal are going to pay those sort of wages. Sad, but just another job for Puel, rather like Pearson, a clear out of the ill purchased signings in the summer.

Sums it up perfectly. Add to that the registration problem with Silva (not his fault) and you have a couple of shocking transfer dealings. Sadly, they're not the only ones either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

With Iborra, he seems to give the ball away easily at least 1 - 2 times a game in really dangerous positions, normally through wayward passes. I don't know if it's just me imagining that though.

Problem is, I don't really know what Silva offers either.

I noticed it the very first time Iborra played for us. He’s far too careless in possession. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

With Iborra, he seems to give the ball away easily at least 1 - 2 times a game in really dangerous positions, normally through wayward passes. I don't know if it's just me imagining that though.

Problem is, I don't really know what Silva offers either.

You're too scared to fail Charl91 and Dickov22! ...this is okay with a creative player! You can't expect humans playing games to be 100% accurate especially in creative roles. It's getting on a players back for no good reason (people would do this about Mahrez and it would really piss me off).

I'd rather a creative player gave the ball away 7 out of 10 times if it meant 3 perfect balls created goals for the team!

Edited by zealot
sp.
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, zealot said:

You're too scared to fail Charl91 and Dickov22! ...this is okay with a creative player! You can't expect humans playing games to be 100% accurate especially in creative roles. It's getting on a players back for no good reason (people would do this about Mahrez and it would really piss me off).

I'd rather a creative player gave the ball away 7 out of 10 times if it meant 3 perfect balls created goals for the team!

The problem is it feels like he creates more goal scoring opportunities for the opponents then he does for us.

That good chance they had in the first half when we messed up at the back (where Kasper had to make a good diving save) came from Iborra messing up with another short pass under little pressure.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't get the love in by some people for Iborra, whilst he has some technical ability he's slow and at times cumbersome. Why is Ndidi being picked over him? Simply put, he's a player far better suited to the pace and rigours of the Premiership, albeit he too can be expensive at giving the ball away at times. Iborra looks good in a slower pace game granted where he has time to think and spray the odd good ball about but, that sort of pace, which he probably got in Spain, is a rarity in the Premiership. 

As for Silva and the myth it's because he hasn't had a decent run in the side I give you Mendy. One game and has been ever present since. Silva is lightweight,  can't see let alone track runners and again, just can't cope with the pace of our game. Disappointing for me is his weakness and him being easily getting knocked off the ball, that is something he could of and should have done something about and hasn't. 

Both are undoubtedly very good players in their right setting at the right club. I just don't feel either of them are remotely suited to the Premiership  and more importantly Leicester City. Aged around 30 I think it's too late for them to adapt sadly. A question worth asking any of their supporters is whether they could conceivably see any other Premiership club rushing in and trying to buy them in a transfer window, because I certainly don't. Both big expensive mistakes who we'll be very lucky to get any form of compensation for and no doubt they're on such good contracts nobody from Spain or Portugal are going to pay those sort of wages. Sad, but just another job for Puel, rather like Pearson, a clear out of the ill purchased signings in the summer.

Good summary, it's probably too late for them both now. 

I don't think they are bad players, just too casual in their styles of play for us. It's a quick and physically demanding competition.

I expect the club will try to offload them and give Choudhury more first team chances next season. He's similar to Ndidi and Mendy, prepared to battle hard for the team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Good summary, it's probably too late for them both now. 

I don't think they are bad players, just too casual in their styles of play for us. It's a quick and physically demanding competition.

I expect the club will try to offload them and give Choudhury more first team chances next season. He's similar to Ndidi and Mendy, prepared to battle hard for the team. 

Absolutely agree re Choudhury. In his first game in difficult circumstances when he came on, you could see the nerves and he was very conservative in his play and determined to not make a mistake by keeping it simple. I have absolutely no problem with that. His next appearances showed him to be just a little more adventurous and I felt for a young lad he did really well. Another great young prospect, we've a few now and I find that on its own quite exciting. I would much rather see him on the bench than Iborra or Silva. I think in the right place/country they would still be very good players and I'm trying not to use a tone suggesting I'm slating them because I don't mean to, but Choudhury for me would have more longevity, more pace and awareness  (but expect the odd mistake re age and experience) and would be gaining valuable game time snd experience like Chilwell has.  I still think the futures bright.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zealot said:

He mentioned' dangerous area' sir

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I haven’t had a chance to watch extended highlights, did Puel replace Iborra with Wilf with an aim to make up for having a man less? 

Iborra went off injured just after Maddison was sent off, enforced change. 

• Thanks 1