Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wright.dan

Adrien silva

9 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

Can you (literally) afford not to? You'd have one helluva turnover rate of signings otherwise. How many players hit the deck running? They all take time to settle in.

We're still a work in progress and trial and error in signings, formation and tactics are part of that process. I say that not in defence of any particular player as some signings don't work out.

It's not all about immediate results (but there is a balanced to be struck) think back only 3 or 4 seasons, Man City were prone to shiteness. It took even the great Pep several seasons of perseverance to get the right players to play his kind of football.

I think we have and that's been our problem. When you pay the sort of money we've been paying for players, you expect them to hit the ground running, when you pay the sort of money we paid for our title winning side, then you expect to give them time to bed in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Can’t afford to bed players in at the expense of the team and results.

Well it’s not like results and especially performances have been amazing,so it’s a good chance to give more minutes to those who haven’t had them,doubtful we ll get top 10 or be relegated so not much to play for. 

On 25/11/2018 at 09:37, zealot said:

You're too scared to fail Charl91 and Dickov22! ...this is okay with a creative player! You can't expect humans playing games to be 100% accurate especially in creative roles. It's getting on a players back for no good reason (people would do this about Mahrez and it would really piss me off).

I'd rather a creative player gave the ball away 7 out of 10 times if it meant 3 perfect balls created goals for the team!

Totally disagree. 

I never used to mind Mahrez losing the ball because it was usually in the oppositon’s half when he was trying to create something. Equally, I don’t particularly rate a player like Mendy who passes the ball 5 yards and has strong pass completion rates. Iborra gives it away in ALL areas though. He’s just too laid back and casual for me. 

What we need is a central midfielder who can do it all. A Danny Drinkwater type. He never used to lose the ball much and equally, he didn’t just play safe 5 yard passes. 

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Must've been embarrassed tonight. 

Very little impact on the flow of a shite house cup game. At twenty nine and Euros winner I expected so much more from him. 

To be taken off and have made no mark - unforgivable. 

Yeh it was probably his last chance and unfortunately for him he blew it. 

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

Looked so rusty and was chasing shadows most of the time or should I say jogging round aimlessly 

He’s looked like that in every game I’ve seen him for us. We all

thought he needed a pre-season, it could be bigger than that; maybe he’s just not up to the pace..

• Like 2

I'd like to see him get a loan, look at how well all wrote off Mendy and he's been the biggest surprise this season. I think there's a good player in there, but the complexity of his move certainly hasn't helped him and with the amount of players we have in that position it's hard to get a few appearances under your belt to settle into a role because we have plenty of good replacements.

He'll be on his way in January. Never performed here.

Whilst the shirt at Palace away thing got a strong reaction at the time, I felt it

said a lot about his mentality. Clearly felt a strong connection with his last club and not sure he ever wanted to leave for

anything other than more money. I think he underestimated just what a battle English football can be.

Walking in front of your travelling fans after a pathetic performance to give your shirt to the fan of your last club wasn't really a demonstration of that win at all costs mentality a combative central midfielder needs to thrive in this country.

The pace of the game and the size of the battle were too much for him. There's a decent player in there somewhere but both parties will look upon the move with regret.

• Like 1

He wasn't horrible he just doesn't seem to create or really offer anything to the team. Its really sad what happened to him and maybe unfair to write him off when he hasn't had much game time. But when he does get a chance, i don't feel he does enough (or more than the others in that position to warrant more time.)

For me its a real shame as i was super happy when we looking at signing him.

18 months loan to Sporting, followed by a pitiful permanent transfer like £5m afterwards. Slimani will command even less. I cant help but feel this is punishment for daring to win the league and the riches that followed. Now we need a Mahrez or Vardy to push the value for money balance back in our favour as theres many more who look on the north side an'all. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

18 months loan to Sporting, followed by a pitiful permanent transfer like £5m afterwards. Slimani will command even less. I cant help but feel this is punishment for daring to win the league and the riches that followed. Now we need a Mahrez or Vardy to push the value for money balance back in our favour as theres many more who look on the north side an'all. 

5m for a 31 year old? 

you win some and you lose some ...... we lost on this big time but then we screwed Chelsea over on drinky at the same time ......

I watched him closely tonight and I just find it strange how a player of his supposed ability could do so little in the game. 

He's always 2 yards behind the game and his positional sense seems non existent.

All in all he's a really strange case, but I feel he's blown his chance here and needs to move on for everyones benefit. Sad really.

• Like 1