Jump to content
davieG

Equality & Diversity Independent Supporters Group: Register Your Interest

Recommended Posts

On 27/11/2018 at 21:28, volpeazzurro said:

No issues with diversity issues themselves whatsoever,  on the contrary, I applaud and agree with the sentiments 100%. However, I'm more than a little fed up with bandwagons and having things rammed down my throat, usually by politically motivated individuals who are more in it for their careerist or brownie point gaining personal agendas. Even people of my older age group get it believe it or not. As for my kids, they are so over it all and most of these predudices and attitudes are looked upon as archaic and rediculous. Are you going to always have a bigoted stupid minority?  Yes of course you are and you'll never stop those but they are just that now, a minority. I just think that sometimes these things get overdone and it can do more damage than good as people switch off and stop listening to the message. No offence meant. 

Nail on head. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Nail on head. 

 

 

 

Ignoring it by simply not talking about it won't solve anything.

 

But there can be more productive ways to talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Every thread you’ll find a comment, just look. 

Would you offer a recent example. Genuine request, I just don't know what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Would you offer a recent example. Genuine request, I just don't know what you mean.

There was one such instance pre-Brighton match about not bending over whilst visiting.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FoxSinceBirth said:

I wouldn't mind equality in the workplace if that meant I was paid the same amount as Vardy a week.

Wondering which Leicester squad player you are.. your cover is soon to be blown 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

There was one such instance pre-Brighton match about not bending over whilst visiting.

Flatter themselves don’t they, these old fat, middle aged bald men lol (our fans)

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Ignoring it by simply not talking about it won't solve anything.

 

But there can be more productive ways to talk about it.

 

Maybe, but sometimes I think that looking for it creates more problems than it solves. 

 

If we are forever highlighting our differences and in some cases finding things like racism for example where it doesn't exist, we create the very barriers that we are are trying to remove.  Worse still is people taking offence on behalf of another group about things imagined.  If I were from a minority and someone was doing that on my behalf it would really piss me off.  

 

My philosophy is live and let live.  I really believe that in this day and age, the old prejudices are dying out.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

This is still necessary, you only have to look at some posters on this forum to see why.

and if your still doubting the need for, a quick glance on bentley's roof will change your mind :nigel:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, murphy said:

 

Maybe, but sometimes I think that looking for it creates more problems than it solves. 

 

If we are forever highlighting our differences and in some cases finding things like racism for example where it doesn't exist, we create the very barriers that we are are trying to remove.  Worse still is people taking offence on behalf of another group about things imagined.  If I were from a minority and someone was doing that on my behalf it would really piss me off.  

 

My philosophy is live and let live.  I really believe that in this day and age, the old prejudices are dying out.

What problems does it create?

 

Racism does exist in football, it’s naive to think that it doesn’t. 

 

Some people actually want equality, sorry bud. 

 

Old prejudices are dying out, yes. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be striving for it to be eradicated quickly. 40 years ago people were chanting profound words at Viv Anderson, some of these people are still alive today and opinions will still be intact. People chuck bananas on pitches, people say “get back in the kitchen” when a women official makes a decision they don’t like. Some People on FoxesTalk think it’s okay to be homophobic, some even blamed them for paedophilia. The world is improving, but it’s by no means the finished product and I for one think we need to live everyday striving for that. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

What problems does it create?

 

Well I won't rise to the needlessly agressive tone of your post and I'll try to keep my response pleasant.

 

I am only saying that going out of ones way to look for prejudice might result in finding it when it doesn't exist when I believe that we should all be one family of Leicester supporters instead of separating us along lines of ethnicity, gender  or sexuality.  I could be wrong.  You might disagree.  That's fine.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Racism does exist in football, it’s naive to think that it doesn’t. 

 

I think we have come such a long way since the banana throwing days of the eighties.  Racism in the ground would result in the offender being ejected and most likely being turned on by the fans around him or her.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

 

Some people actually want equality, sorry bud. 

  

Now this comment is out of order.  You are implying that I don't want equality when in act that is the opposite of what I was saying.  You have actually made my point for me about finding offence when there is none to be found.  I won't thank you for the slur though.

 

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

  Old prejudices are dying out, yes. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be striving for it to be eradicated quickly. 40 years ago people were chanting profound words at Viv Anderson, some of these people are still alive today and opinions will still be intact. People chuck bananas on pitches, people say “get back in the kitchen” when a women official makes a decision they don’t like. Some People on FoxesTalk think it’s okay to be homophobic, some even blamed them for paedophilia.

I assume you are referring to what I can only describe as Thraciangate.  Look at the result of his comments.  He was swarmed upon by everybody else who were outraged at his posts.  He left never to return.  I wish he had swallowed his pride, accepted he was wrong and apologised.  I

 

don't think he was a bad person.  

 

Anyway, the reaction on this forum shows you a microcosm of 21st C. society.  Thracian was in a minority of one.

 

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

The world is improving, but it’s by no means the finished product and I for one think we need to live everyday striving for that. 

 

OK.  Fair point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2018 at 17:20, Peckfortonfox said:

Why do some groups of people need to be recognised/treated differently??

 

surley we are all just football fans

You should get in based purely on your spelling ability.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a left handed vegan who is also a practising Jedi Knight (not the dark side!).

 

Happy to hear thy the club is promoting diversity and equality and would allow me to set up a recognised and club approved Leicester City Jedi group! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

I am a left handed vegan who is also a practising Jedi Knight (not the dark side!).

 

Happy to hear thy the club is promoting diversity and equality and would allow me to set up a recognised and club approved Leicester City Jedi group! 

Hey - what's wrong with the Dark Side!  Don't be Dark Side-ist! :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So these people want treating as equals. So we set up a supporter group to highlight them. Can we all have one. 

 

Old cvnts with gammy legs supporters club. 

 

No I'm not racist sexist and have no problem with which way or side people bat for. But really is this needed? 

 

The more this is pushed and highlighted the louder the sad monority will shout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I apply.

 

Does anyone want to join, " the amstel drinking lcfc supporters branch"

 

I will be seeking to get equal opportunities for Amstel to supply the half time refreshments.

 

Other than that I am open to all other policies and we can work on the title of my group.lol

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Particularly some have a hatred for Nigerian players.

 

One or two maybe. :( More than that, possibly. In general folks on here know the limits, although the many biases we all have are fully on display. The thing is, he isn't exactly being slated when he is regularly doing well. He has had a few good games this season, but mostly he has looked really short of confidence, added to which CP clearly isn't playing to his strengths (although we are struggling to remember what they are).

 

FT is always piling on one player or another, and whilst a lot of what is currently being said is pretty harsh on the lad, it will quite likely be someone else next week. Having said that, a couple of the comments are marginal, even if we are giving the poster the benefit of the doubt. I just wish he would bang away a few in quick succession, and give us all hope for him. Our recent spate of expensive failings in the transfer market isn't helping either, everyone struggles with seeing £10's of millions of pounds wasted.

 

Did you see the Ian Wright documentary recently, I think it was ITV4? Sadly I haven't, even though it looked like an important bit of work, I was hoping it might get onto ITV1 at some point.

 

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Nigerian players comment (ergo some fans don't like black players) is, in the main, a load of crap.

 

Fans do not like lazy players - it doesn't matter whether they're black, white, purple, green or yellow! People loved Kante, apart from the fact that he's a great player, for the fact that he's so hard working and tenacious. I think the worst attribute a player can show to his team's fans is a willingness to play at considerably below 100% effort. Iheanacho is giving off vibes of being half arsed at the moment. Whether other things are going on with him, who knows? Fans cannot see whether there are other issues though and will react to what they perceive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...