Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smiffy Fox

Online order problems

It still surprises me how bad our online and shop retail side is considering how far we've come as a club. Business-wise, I've heard from a friend that worked at the club that Susan Whelan likes to get right into the small details of making profit and margins without impacting on customer satisfaction, right down to the individual pricing of seats, hospitality costs based on pitch views etc. Its amazing then that the shop and warehouse (small room next to shop), although its had a nice refit, is still so poorly managed. Potential to make a lot more money here if they could just sort out the stock management and the communication after a purchase is made.

Ended up having a right set-to at the club shop on Saturday when collecting the stuff I ordered. Firstly, I was told they didn't have the scarf in stock, then on a second check that a t-shirt I ordered in XL also wasn't available. I said that was fine and that I'd just go and find another one in the shop. Got back to the till to find that the XL t-shirt was in fact in stock and was being packed for me, and that one I'd ordered in M wasn't. Back round the shop I went only to find the shirt I'd ordered in M was available right there on the sale rail. lol

To be fair to the girl dealing with me, she was very apologetic and did her best to help me. It clearly wasn't her fault, but some others above her pay grade in there need a right kick up the arse.

5 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

It still surprises me how bad our online and shop retail side is considering how far we've come as a club. Potential to make a lot more money here if they could just sort out the stock management and the communication after a purchase is made.

You make a very good point.

What annoys me though is the AGENDA some people have about the club shop and online sales.

Yes the fanstore and online training might be incredibly dull and boring and staff might be a bit demotivated because the communication from management doesn't have the level of quality and intensity and the right mentality

We simply couldn't just keep the fanstore and online as it was in recent seasons, we had to try and progress and find a different way. Yes, the sales staff can be slow and ponderous but management feel that keeping possession of the items for longer is the way forward. Even if there's little end product to show for it which leaves everyone disappointed.

It's been suggested that a more dynamic head of sales operations might be able to take the fanstore and online staff to an even better level. But if you point out the mistakes and faults of the current management of the fanstore and online on forums or social media, people will accuse you of negativity and you should support them and stop complaining.

In two or three years time, our fanstore and online presence could be as good as Man City and Liverpool and possibly even the best clubs in the world. But it's a long term process and despite how ridiculously frustrated many are right now, we have to be patient.............

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

What annoys me though is the AGENDA some people have about the club shop and online sales.

Yes the fanstore and online training might be incredibly dull and boring and staff might be a bit demotivated because the communication from management doesn't have the level of quality and intensity and the right mentality

We simply couldn't just keep the fanstore and online as it was in recent seasons, we had to try and progress and find a different way. Yes, the sales staff can be slow and ponderous but management feel that keeping possession of the items for longer is the way forward. Even if there's little end product to show for it which leaves everyone disappointed.

It's been suggested that a more dynamic head of sales operations might be able to take the fanstore and online staff to an even better level. But if you point out the mistakes and faults of the current management of the fanstore and online on forums or social media, people will accuse you of negativity and you should support them and stop complaining.

In two or three years time, our fanstore and online presence could be as good as Man City and Liverpool and possibly even the best clubs in the world. But it's a long term process and despite how ridiculously frustrated many are right now, we have to be patient.............

Image result for i see what you did there

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Head of Sales Operations OUT!

19 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

19 hours ago, AjcW said:

Image result for i see what you did there

I thought it was a half decent piece of satire but clearly most here disagreed lol

• 11 months later...

Decided to buy some stuff online from the fanstore this weekend (Friday night actually) and bearing in mind the long delivery problems I had last year I thought I'd take advantage of the "click and collect" option and pick the order up either before or after the Everton game yesterday.

Paid my dosh and then got an email saying "your order should be ready to collect within 14 days. We will email you again when it's ready"

Maybe they should call it "Click, wait two weeks, then collect"....