Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Only one name needed for Sports Personality of the Year

Head says Geraint Thomas, incredible to win the TDF effectively as the lead domestique.

My heart gives it to Alistair Cook but that's not going to happen, the idea of Vichai getting it is a bit silly, it's a sporting competition based on achievement over a set year. Imagine the precedent it would set.

Finnegan is right, let's not turn into scousers trying to enforce our grief onto everybody else.

Edited by MattP

Some decent suggestions to be honest.

Fury, Hamilton, Cook, Thomas all well in with a shout.

The team award will be England's WC team.

Vichai might get an honorary award or something of that ilk, but he wont even be considered for the main prize - and rightly so.

He'll be mentioned on the 'In Memoriam' bit like everyone else who's died, and probably during the football section too. I think the world has proved that it cared about what happened with the genuinely overwhelming tributes left outside the ground - it doesn't need to do so ad infinitum to prove something to us. The important thing is the legacy he leaves will be remembered in Leicester.

I'm sure he will get an honourary mention. I hope they do more than just mention it on those people to do with sport that have passed away this year. it will most likely go to Harry Kane although as a cycling fan I would like Geraint Thomas to get it!.

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

I'm sure he will get an honourary mention. I hope they do more than just mention it on those people to do with sport that have passed away this year. it will most likely go to Harry Kane although as a cycling fan I would like Geraint Thomas to get it!.

It is bad when we have to have harry kane being honoured as the top sports personality!

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I forgot about Cook retiring, nailed on? 

Got to be only so many times it can go to a cyclist, Lewis has had one fairly recently and winning championships is a bit routine for him now. 

Fury won't ever be given it, he's too divisive. 

I think Kane will get it for that incredible Golden Boot lol

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Legit forgot about Kane tbh. 

The deflection against Panama lol

That deflection, two tap ins and three penalties. lol