Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

lifted's RAVE THREAD (1992-2005) for those who know

35 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Tony de vit.  man was my hero.

what a ****ing thread

you know it :wub:

my first foray into clubbing was Sundissential in Birmingham. I was in 6th form at the time and one of my good mates; his brother was into his hard house and he took us along one weekend. 

it was carnage. we did sunnies in brum on the friday night and then we did poly at another club on the saturday. 

my bag got robbed out of the car overnight so I went raving the second night in the same clothes lol

wasn't big into hard house for long as there was a hardcore night in the basement at sunnies the second time I went and I was absolutely blown away by how much faster and uplifting it was. 

I started going to the big raves for hardcore and then discovered drum & bass in the main arenas and was like '**** everything else' - jungle and drum & bass became my love. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

my first foray into clubbing was Sundissential in Birmingham. I was in 6th form at the time and one of my good mates; his brother was into his hard house and he took us along one weekend. 

it was carnage. we did sunnies in brum on the friday night and then we did poly at another club on the saturday. 

my bag got robbed out of the car overnight so I went raving the second night in the same clothes lol

wasn't big into hard house for long as there was a hardcore night in the basement at sunnies the second time I went and I was absolutely blown away by how much faster and uplifting it was. 

I started going to the big raves for hardcore and then discovered drum & bass in the main arenas and was like '**** everything else' - jungle and drum & bass became my love. 

It was always hard house for me, never went to rave, mainly because the people i knew that were into it were twats, even though i loved the music. , same goes for D&B and jungle, i enjoyed it, but never went. my group was all about the house. happy days.

(still listening to the tidy boys on youtube, so thanks for that)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All this nostalgia is taking me back to 91/92 and the best days of my life.

We used to go to The Eclipse in Coventry which was the first legal all night venue in England at the time.

Also the all nighters at Donnington Park were brilliant. Top Buzz, Groverider, Fabio, Mickey Finn, Carl Cox and the Prodigy headlining before they were mainstream.

Then a come down/paranoid breakfast at LFE services on the way home.

Great times, jumpers for goalposts, marvellous.

P.S. Give me some euphoric trance any day. D&B was too quick for my liking..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

All this nostalgia is taking me back to 91/92 and the best days of my life.

We used to go to The Eclipse in Coventry which was the first legal all night venue in England at the time.

Also the all nighters at Donnington Park were brilliant. Top Buzz, Groverider, Fabio, Mickey Finn, Carl Cox and the Prodigy headlining before they were mainstream.

Then a come down/paranoid breakfast at LFE services on the way home.

Great times, jumpers for goalposts, marvellous.

P.S. Give me some euphoric trance any day. D&B was too quick for my liking..

haha the old paranoid breakfasts. had many of those. 

theres an all night restaurant in brighton we all used to pile into at 3am on the weekend after the club shut. what starts as a really chill place to wind down becomes a really awkward environment

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

you know it :wub:

My first memories of this genre of clubbing was Die Hard in Leics.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beliall said:

haha the old paranoid breakfasts. had many of those. 

theres an all night restaurant in brighton we all used to pile into at 3am on the weekend after the club shut. what starts as a really chill place to wind down becomes a really awkward environment

Looking back on it all now, the drugs fvcked quite a few people up then really.

I went through a phase of a gram of whizz at the start of the night and then a couple of E’s during the early hours. One day I went to work on a Saturday morning straight after an all nighter and my boss obviously saw my pupils were as big as saucers. He said he’d sack me if I didn’t stop doing drugs and I calmed down a lot after that.

There were about 15-20 of us that went to raves together and two of the lads ended up being heroin addicts. One killed himself and the other was found dead in a public toilet with a needle in his arm - both before they were 30.

Shit me up a bit really and made me realise that drugs can be very dangerous if you can’t control them. 

Not all happy memories actually. Lots of paranoid and awkward episodes as you say and people on edge and not trusting each other. A bit scary at times...

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Looking back on it all now, the drugs fvcked quite a few people up then really.

I went through a phase of a gram of whizz at the start of the night and then a couple of E’s during the early hours. One day I went to work on a Saturday morning straight after an all nighter and my boss obviously saw my pupils were as big as saucers. He said he’d sack me if I didn’t stop doing drugs and I calmed down a lot after that.

There were about 15-20 of us that went to raves together and two of the lads ended up being heroin addicts. One killed himself and the other was found dead in a public toilet with a needle in his arm - both before they were 30.

Shit me up a bit really and made me realise that drugs can be very dangerous if you can’t control them. 

Not all happy memories actually. Lots of paranoid and awkward episodes as you say and people on edge and not trusting each other. A bit scary at times...

I have similar memories, guy i knew OD'd on E and left his young daughter without a father, another guy got stabbed on a night out, these are the stories that make you wake up and take notice, you think they wont happen to you or anyone you know. 

21 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

mate, funnily enough me and my best mate rinsed the rap and hyper d tape from a hysteria 1996 pack - can't remember which hysteria it was.

we played it so much the tape snapped and we taped it back together and rinsed it until it broke again

this one @Strokes

trigga's bars from 4:55 - legendary 'i wanna take you out to play with me - trigga and the R A P'

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

How I wish these had been my going out days

I only go out sporadically because most club music is shite, can't be doing with remixed chart tracks where some soundcloud stoma bag has increased the BPM and put such little effort into it. I'd choose trance over the rave scene (a lot of overlap I suppose) but the whole culture of going out in the 90's and 2000's seems much more impressive and a phenomena than now, from speaking to my old man he recalls specific nights out and tracks whereas I can't remember any particular nights out standing out from the rest or where I've especially enjoyed the music