Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Up next.. SPURS (H).

35 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Does anyone think they'll have the arrogance to leave Kane on the bench considering the Barca game coming up? They'd still have decent options but nothing like as lethal. It's a good idea Pochy, I thoroughly recommend it. Please. 

Whilst I'd kind of agree (in a cowardly way) wouldn't it be much nicer to beat Spurs with him in the side! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think that's absolutely possible, and I don't think it's arrogance either.  Tottenham should be prioritizing the Barca game over the league game without any question.  And obviously, they're more likely to be good enough to get a result without Kane against us than they are Barca.

Possible but I'm not convinced, an outside chance of beating Barcelona or a better than evens chance of finishing 3rd?

21 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

Simply, we lose possession and leave ourselves exposed. It's a tactic to aim for perhaps if you have the CBs capable of doing it - which Wes isn't and Maguire is hit and miss.

Edit: oh, and....

...chill out. Opinions and all that, we don't have to agree. Besides, mine is not a 'criticism', it's an observation.... but "out of the closet" - what's that all about? 

We have a CB,that can!!!  He's also proved it also in international colours...have your opinion,no probs,but when it shows no pre or afterthought,then

expect another opinion that shoots across thy bows!!

I dislike clossets,use to be scared what might spring out,and disturb my perfect CB world:twitch:

6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I'd be surprised if Spurs rest anyone for visiting us.

You think they are writing off the Barcelona match then? I don't really see how they have a chance of winning that match unless they do rest some players and can go in full strengths. It's 7.45pm kick off on the Saturday with them travelling away from home, and then they need to get everyone over to Spain for their match on Tuesday. I would be tired just thinking of that as a fan, let alone a player.

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

After I thought pre and After it!!   Naaa

Shame.

In shooting from the hip, as you have, you have seemingly missed what I was saying (and indeed didn't say). This leads me to believe you did not consider what I wrote, and simply responded to what you thought I was saying. I think what I said was both balanced and considered. We have been conceding fewer goals of late, no? Maguire has been out of the side (through injury), no?  Now, I'm not blaming Maguire for the goals but I am saying there has (perhaps) been a tactical shift. Our central defenders have not been venturing forward as they once were doing. Now I don't know if that's a deliberate tactical change from Puel (due to whatever) but I simply posed the question and, further, it does interest me as to whether the re-introduction of Maguire will see the CBs going forward again. I was neither critical of Maguire (that he has lost possession doing it is evident, and has caused us problems) nor was I critical of the tactic itself, merely thinking aloud about the situation. Now by all means offer your thoughts on the matter but please do me the courtesy of not being rude.  

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

You think they are writing off the Barcelona match then? I don't really see how they have a chance of winning that match unless they do rest some players and can go in full strengths. It's 7.45pm kick off on the Saturday with them travelling away from home, and then they need to get everyone over to Spain for their match on Tuesday. I would be tired just thinking of that as a fan, let alone a player.

I take that point but, realistically, Pochettino knows they are likely to be out of the competition. I'm certainly not expecting a shadow team from Spurs by any means.

They may not start with their very strongest 11 but, even if they don't, their 'rested' players will be on the bench ready to come on if it doesn't go their way. I still expect a very strong starting 11 from them though.

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

These are professionals getting paid to do their job, they are fit enough to play two games a week. It just means the training takes a bit of a back seat for the busy period.

They will play full strength. The only thing that might happen is that they take the foot off the gas if they are 2 or 3 up with 30 mins to go. Then you might see sloppy play and some big early subs (like Kane etc).

But expect the strongest Spurs team from the start.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Haven't spurs have recently got players back from Injury? Eriksen, Son, Rose, Ali. 

Some of there best players 

Think we'll put up a decent fight but lose this one

42 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I take that point but, realistically, Pochettino knows they are likely to be out of the competition. I'm certainly not expecting a shadow team from Spurs by any means.

They may not start with their very strongest 11 but, even if they don't, their 'rested' players will be on the bench ready to come on if it doesn't go their way. I still expect a very strong starting 11 from them though.

Likely to be out of the competition?  Inter is no powerhouse that can be guaranteed a win against Eindhoven, and Barcelona has already won the group - it's entirely possibly they'll rest some of their top players for the Tottenham match.  How in the world can you write off the Champion's League when you're in the final game of the group stage with a legit chance to move on?

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Likely to be out of the competition?  Inter is no powerhouse that can be guaranteed a win against Eindhoven, and Barcelona has already won the group - it's entirely possibly they'll rest some of their top places for the Tottenham match.  How in the world can you write off the Champion's League when you're in the final game of the group stage with a legit chance to move on?

I didn't say they'd written it off.

I said, realistically, Pochettino knows they are likely to be out of the competition. That's why I used the word likely. Tottenham have the more difficult task (on paper obviously), whether Barca rest a few players or not. 

It's not insurmountable for them of course, I just don't see Pochettino making wholesale changes for this weekend, which was the original point.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong mate :thumbup:

Edited by Max Wall

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

I didn't say they'd written it off.

I said, realistically, Pochettino knows they are likely to be out of the competition. That's why I used the word likely. Tottenham have the more difficult task (on paper obviously), whether Barca rest a few players or not. The bookies odds would back up that statement too. 

It's not insurmountable for them of course, I just don't see Pochettino making wholesale changes for this weekend, which was the original point.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong mate :thumbup:

Well, we'll see. :P If I were in his shoes I would absolutely proioritize Barca (which was my original point) and I think that means resting a couple of guys, especially the ones not fully match fit coming off injuries.

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Well, we'll see. :P If I were in his shoes I would absolutely proioritize Barca (which was my original point) and I think that means resting a couple of guys, especially the ones not fully match fit coming off injuries.

That's a whole different argument. If there's players not fully fit and coming off injuries, he'd be a mug to play them, why would he do that regardless of what games lie ahead?

I've also already said he may not start with his very strongest 11 but I don't expect a shadow 11. :dunno:

Spurs can definitely win in Barcelona, with them already group winners. I think they will have a mind on that but I don't think they'll rest Kane.

Ndidi keeps his place for this one as we're likely to be without the ball more. Ricardo obviously comes back in, part of me expects it will be Simpson and Ricardo on the right. Albrighton going over to the left. If Vardy isn't available I think I'd be tempted to go with Gray/Diabate down the middle instead of Iheanacho.

Edited by RowlattsFox

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

To be fair, we generally do better against bigger sides as they come to play and that usually allows us some space, without VArdy it is more difficult to take advantage, but im going for an ugly 1-0 win :)

Do we? So far this season we have played 5 of the top 8 and lost every single game. Under Puel our record against what you'd class as the top teams resulted in only 2 wins and 2 draws against Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd and Chelsea. Lost every other game last season as well as this season. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Do we? So far this season we have played 5 of the top 8 and lost every single game. Under Puel our record against what you'd class as the top teams resulted in only 2 wins and 2 draws against Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd and Chelsea. Lost every other game last season as well as this season. 

Our record is terrible but to be fair to the we have played well in most of those games despite not picking up any points. It seems that our supporters are now happier when we lose and play well and unhappy when we win and play badly. Figure that out.

• Like 1