Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

Impotent. First time he’s been wrong tactically in 6 games and we lost. Clear that we have injuries but Okazaki playing off Gray would have given spurs something to worry about all evening. Missed opportunity. Especially with points dropped around us

• Like 1

In my 22 years watching Leicester, rarely have I turned a game off. But I just couldn't watch that tonight. We are so woeful in attack its embarassing. Big changes needed in January but can't see it happening as it's a tough window to make big signings that will make the difference we need. We're not getting relegated but we'll be lucky to finish top 10 without any attacking reinforcements. 

• Like 1

Outclassed. They never had to get out of second gear in this one.

Shows how much work there is to be done when trying to play this style, as Tottenham could rest key players and still beat us easily.

We were good in possession at times, but never looked like scoring in a month of Sundays. With our tough run coming up, this sort of performance will be quite common till we clear those games.

• Like 1

Two things:

1. We desperately need a quality leading striker, who knows how to play as a lone striker as a a two. Okazaki and Iheanacho are both second strikers. Without Vardy we are utterly toothless.

2. Too many youngsters and too many old players. Not enough players who have quality AND experience. Most of that team have one or the other, not both.

Ricardo looked good. Chilly had some funny moments but was generally good. Maddison worked his bollocks off. Morgan also played very well I thought.

First half was a strong defensive display and then Son worked his magic against the run of play. Alli's goal was marginally offside but someone should have been back to protect our back post. We created chances in the final third, but just cannot create enough threat.

This team is very frustrating. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

A great goal and an offside goal.

I thought we played well without the cutting edge as has been usual this season.

this.

spurs are a more organised and better side than us, currently. we were undone by a class goal (mendy stood off) and an offside goal. 

they had the officials firmly on their side as well.

but yes, I thought we weren't awful but we're absolutely toothless up front

• Like 1

Aimless - what’s the plan? Not just tonight, since day 1 of fraud Puel’s reign 

Draws against teams who we should be beating, being celebrated by Puel in’ners -  how are you polishing the turd tonight? 

Above all, the tempo every week is slow... That is the managers plan, he’s been here long enough, that has to be his plan. Spurs didn’t have to break sweat. We are at home for f*** sake and they didn’t need to work for it. No pressing, no tempo in build up.

We are a nice team to play against. 

This is the start of a bad run, we couldn’t win in the easier period. 

Puel out 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1