Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

You have to forgive Bert, his "ITK" and "ex pro-footballer" status sometimes make him think he has a monopoly on correct opinions. He isn't always like that though.

So we lost by an offside goal and a cracker that became so because we were tiring in the 46th minute of the first half to a CL knockout stage opponent. It's really not as bad as people make out.

Good to know. :scarf:

6 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Of course! And while going to games is great, next time you are at a game perhaps you should pay attention to what’s happening on the field. lol

Returning to the substantive discourse at hand, NOPE! Wilf was not primarily responsible for tracking Alli because he was already chasing down (and eventually caught up with) Lucas down the middle, while Evans was the nearest City player to Alli (given that Chilly was still jogging back) and was in fact looking directly at Alli as the latter made his run into our box.

Meanwhile, speaking of bursting a lung to catch up with play, when the Spurs move began following Mendy’s misplaced pass, Wilf was actually AHEAD (maybe 5-10 yards ahead) of Mendy near the center line while Mendy was standing right beside Son (with Son right in front of him). By the time the ball got into our box, Wilf had not only run back past Mendy’s position but had chased down Lucas and caught up with play, while in contrast Mendy who had since lost Son was nowhere near the play with pretty much the same casual attitude he had earlier shown in the course of Son’s first-half goal (in fact he was outside our box and entirely out of the frame of play) and Chilly was still jogging back to catch up with play. But (proceeding along your rather tortured train of logic) because Wilf’s passing is generally subpar, he was supposed to be (while in the process of supporting our attack before Mendy’s horror pass) be simultaneously covering Son, Lucas and Alli (in fact why stop there? Perhaps all 10 opposition outfield players?). SMDH

Please tell me where I’ve said it was ALL or primarily down to Wilf? I’ve said partly to blame. 

6 hours ago, FIF said:

You have to forgive Bert, his "ITK" and "ex pro-footballer" status sometimes make him think he has a monopoly on correct opinions. He isn't always like that though.

So we lost by an offside goal and a cracker that became so because we were tiring in the 46th minute of the first half to a CL knockout stage opponent. It's really not as bad as people make out.

ITK is all just conjecture, and I’ve never been a pro footballer. So where that’s come from I don’t know. I am confident enough to say I have a good understanding of the game and what’s required. I’ll also reiterate that I’ve said N’Didi was partly to blame for the goal, not totally. NF can’t seem to get that into his/her head. 

On 12/12/2018 at 12:06, NaijaFox said:

Of course! And while going to games is great, next time you are at a game perhaps you should pay attention to what’s happening on the field. lol

Returning to the substantive discourse at hand, NOPE! Wilf was not primarily responsible for tracking Alli because he was already chasing down (and eventually caught up with) Lucas down the middle, while Evans was the nearest City player to Alli (given that Chilly was still jogging back) and was in fact looking directly at Alli as the latter made his run into our box.

Meanwhile, speaking of bursting a lung to catch up with play, when the Spurs move began following Mendy’s misplaced pass, Wilf was actually AHEAD (maybe 5-10 yards ahead) of Mendy near the center line while Mendy was standing right beside Son (with Son right in front of him). By the time the ball got into our box, Wilf had not only run back past Mendy’s position but had chased down Lucas and caught up with play, while in contrast Mendy who had since lost Son was nowhere near the play with pretty much the same casual attitude he had earlier shown in the course of Son’s first-half goal (in fact he was outside our box and entirely out of the frame of play) and Chilly was still jogging back to catch up with play. But (proceeding along your rather tortured train of logic) because Wilf’s passing is generally subpar, he was supposed to be (while in the process of supporting our attack before Mendy’s horror pass) be simultaneously covering Son, Lucas and Alli (in fact why stop there? Perhaps all 10 opposition outfield players?). SMDH

Regardless of he was or wasn't at fault for this goal, he still gets paid 60k+ a WEEK to drill every opportunity he gets to shoot into row Z. 

Edited by bfox

On 13/12/2018 at 06:41, bfox said:

Regardless of he was or wasn't at fault for this goal, he still gets paid 60k+ a WEEK to drill every opportunity he gets to shoot into row Z. 

Regardless of however much he’s paid weekly, he’s still the ONLY City CM to have scored a league goal all season! lol

Edited by NaijaFox