Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

Maddison is still far off from the finished product. His decision making and final ball still need improving.

Chilwell as well. He really needs to cross earlier and cross more accurately. I guess he is still young.

Morgan was outstanding today!!

Evan was good too.

Mendy had a forgettable game.

Overall, Puel’s tactics and team selection were suspect. I may be one of the last, but I am beginning to doubt him.

I get that Puel wants us to play a certain way but we just do not have the personnel to do so. We’re designed to play high intensity, counter attacking football - not play out from the back and trying tobreak teams down. 

Despite wanting him to get the boot, I don’t think he’s a bad manager he’s just not suited to Leicester City football club. 

I admire him for giving the younger boys ago and he’s done wonders for Chilwell in particular but he’s got to go. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s interesting that every time things look bad Okazaki is suddenly the lord saviour (I’ve even said it myself!) id be worried if I was Puel. An Okazaki run in the team usually signals the end of the gaffer lol 

We didn't look too bad in the first half. As soon as they scored though it was game over.

Our ball retention is absolutely shocking, and as an attacking threat we were completely non existent. No final ball, completely clueless.

The final 20 minutes was like watching a friendly match between a lower league side against premier league opposition.

Officials shocking and biased commentary to boot.

Getting better players onboard in January is a must.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Iheanacho has played himself off the club. Zero offensive punch. Predictable breakdowns by players performing to their talent level - story of the match.

I wouldn't go that far, but him being brought off early does show that the coaching staff agree he wasn't hurting Spurs.

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Maddison is still far off from the finished product. His decision making and final ball still need improving.

Chilwell as well. He really needs to cross earlier and cross more accurately. I guess he is still young.

Morgan was outstanding today!!

Evan was good too.

Mendy had a forgettable game.

Overall, Puel’s tactics and team selection were suspect. I may be one of the last, but I am beginning to doubt him.

You're watching a different game to me. He got enough early crosses in for a decent tall forward to attack and get a hat trick. The problem is we don't have a target man and yet keep lofting balls in to the box as though we do!!

• Like 1

I thought first half up until conceding was decent. The second half though... I'd rather forget about. I can't help thinking Puel is as far from turning us into a decent team as he was last season.  But last season when we played Spuds at home we had Vards and Shinji up front AND Ndidi with Iborra in midfield (no Mendy!) and we won it 2-1.

Next up, Palace away, then Man City and Chelski... I can only see us taking one point tops from these league games

I want stability and continuinity but not for the sake of it and certainly not to see continuous decline.

Puel has lost me (barring a very unexpected change in approach/results). I don't think he should go now but I think that the club should be sounding out a suitable replacement for the Summer.

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

In my 22 years watching Leicester, rarely have I turned a game off. But I just couldn't watch that tonight. We are so woeful in attack its embarassing. Big changes needed in January but can't see it happening as it's a tough window to make big signings that will make the difference we need. We're not getting relegated but we'll be lucky to finish top 10 without any attacking reinforcements. 

If you turned that match off you can't have finished watching many City matches since 2015/16 season

2 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

I get that Puel wants us to play a certain way but we just do not have the personnel to do so. We’re designed to play high intensity, counter attacking football - not play out from the back and trying tobreak teams down. 

Despite wanting him to get the boot, I don’t think he’s a bad manager he’s just not suited to Leicester City football club. 

I admire him for giving the younger boys ago and he’s done wonders for Chilwell in particular but he’s got to go. 

The problem is that too many of the players brought in to play Claude's style aren't EPL caliber.  Ricardo has been very good - Maddison has been fine, albeit inconsistent which is to be expected.  But other than that.....