Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

In a word....

17 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I think you missed what I was driving at. I didn’t doubt he said that, but I couldnt give two shits about Chilwell’s career trajectory.

More interested in getting a manager who is forward thinking, who can inspire our team to improve and play attacking football and make us a team that is better Ham the sum of our parts.

A guy running up the line with no end product doesn’t do it for me.

I think Chilwell’s career trajectory alongside the other players he named is pretty damn important to the club’s success. Chilwell’s first left back we’ve had since coming back up to the top flight with the ability to burst past a defender and not get a nosebleed past the halfway line

Similarly when prospects from abroad and the lower league see how during Puel’s time as manager; Maguire, Maddison, Gray, Chilwell all made their first England squads...I’m sure it’s noted that he develops players. 

On 11/12/2018 at 11:50, NewquayFox said:

I never mentioned Puel out matey, personally think he is a decent manager but needs to get tougher as our players are rubbish at the moment, re read the original post and show me where I quoted ‘Puel out’ I will hang on for an apology .... :dunno:

Then I apologize for misunderstanding you and the meaning behind your post.

As for players being rubbish, I don't think it's that simple. The young ones are and will still be prone to mistakes for a while. The others are maybe just at their limit of their capabilities. Can he get more out of them? That remains to be seen.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We aren’t rubbish, we are painfully average. It’s frustrating. 

But the squad is young and learning. The squad is also coming from an absolute awful tragedy. Seems that’s been forgotten very quickly 

Puel is copping flak for the developmental curve of the youth. 

18 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I think you missed what I was driving at. I didn’t doubt he said that, but I couldnt give two shits about Chilwell’s career trajectory.

More interested in getting a manager who is forward thinking, who can inspire our team to improve and play attacking football and make us a team that is better Ham the sum of our parts.

A guy running up the line with no end product doesn’t do it for me.

A forward thinking manager - would that be A manager who is looking to build a young team with a bright future? Thinking ahead of just now and looking to build a team who in 2-3 years can compete with the top 6.

inspire our team to improve - maybe a manager that has already taken a few youngsters and inspired them to improve their games and even got them into their national sides for the first time.

Play attacking football - puel has already put a lot of focus into us holding the ball more rather than sitting back and allowing pressure for 60 mins whilst “counter-attacking”.

Everything you’re asking for is what we already have, you just love a moan so much that you chose to be blind to it.

• Like 2