Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Premier League Home Form Since February

Just now, Corky said:

Why only show it from February? In the eight games before it, we won 5, drew 1 and lost 2 (including to Man City).

The home form isn't good enough but you can see why some are suggesting stats are being cherry-picked.

Exactly.

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Come off it - It’s shit mate.

These are facts over a 10 month period ffs.

I said it wasn't good enough, just wondered why a specific period was selected. Given we've gone from 5 wins in 8 to 4 in 15, why have things changed? 

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Come off it - It’s shit mate.

These are facts over a 10 month period ffs.

He didn't argue it hadn't been poor since February, but come off it, the start has obviously been picked to give it a worse spin. Let's take the last year  - Pl 19 W6, D7, L6. A far more reasonable time scale to measure (equivalent of a home campaign in essence), and it's midtable mediocrity. Selecting from the start of February is obvious spin

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why only show it from February? In the eight games before it, we won 5, drew 1 and lost 2 (including to Man City).

The home form isn't good enough but you can see why some are suggesting stats are being cherry-picked.

The form before Feb is irrelevant. It's ok to play shit now because we did well in January? That's a ridiculous attitude. The point is we have still only had 18 points from the last 45 home points which is unforgivable. No striker at home is an absolute joke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

The form before Feb is irrelevant. It's ok to play shit now because we did well in January? That's a ridiculous attitude. The point is we have still only had 18 points from the last 45 home points which is unforgivable. No striker at home is an absolute joke.

No, it is relevant. Why did we win those matches then and not since? What has changed? 

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

The way I always see it with these stats are that 4 wins in 15 always becomes 5 wins in 16 lol

Arsenal, Wolves and Watford are the good results in the 15, along with the Huddersfield win which you would hope to be expecting, none of those draws rate as good,  elsewhere it's very poor and encouraging for all-comers who we've yet to play.

Edited by fazzyfox

If you don't think 15 home league games, more than three quarters of a home programme, over a 10 month period, is a reasonable amount of time to see where we are then that's up to you.

If you think that, given the standard of opposition (only 3 of those 15 were against the big six), averaging a smidge over a goal a game and a smidge over a point a game, is more than acceptable at home then that's up to you.

Stats are always cherry picked. They have to start somewhere. 

Okay, let's look at one whole home season, the last 19 home games.

W6 D7 L6. F24 A21. 25pts.

Average 1.31 pts per game.

Average 1.2 goals per game.

Hardly thrilling... and it's not even weighted properly as we only played four of the big six in that 19 game period.

Okay, let's look at the last 38 league matches, home and away, one full season (or is that still cherry picking???)

We have taken 45 points which is 1.18 points per game.

Again that's not weighted properly either as we only played 10 times against the big six rather than 12 in that period.

I'm not 'Puel out' as some think. I just want him to be better - if he is and results/performances improve then I'm a very happy Leicester fan.

• Like 3

We need to have a go at teams when we are at home

even if it is rapid counter attacks as of old

this is boring let’s be honest, the stats don’t lie and most of us are bored with it now. Puel is going nowhere barring a horrific run of form before at least the summer 

however something has to change, we need to reignite the passions as we are too easy to steal points from especially at home

wr need to be entertained at home and battle for points away from home

• Like 1

Bournemouth have won 1 in 6 and are still in 8th.

That tells you everything you need to know about how poor the league is outside of the top 6 and why judging our strength based on league position is not a great indicator.

Yes we're 9th and 10/15 years ago we'd have killed for that. But imagine where we'd be in the current climate with a decent manager in charge...

• Like 4

Just now, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Bournemouth have won 1 in 6 and are still in 8th.

That tells you everything you need to know about how poor the league is outside of the top 6 and why judging our strength based on league position is not a great indicator.

Yes we're 9th and 10/15 years ago we'd have killed for that. But imagine where we'd be in the current climate with a decent manager in charge...

Who would be your pick as a replacement? Genuinely interested

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

Who would be your pick as a replacement? Genuinely interested

That's not my job to know. But there should be someone at the club who is monitoring the German/French/Italian/Spanish/Portuguese/Dutch leagues and has an idea.

People seem to think that if we get rid of Puel there's no way the transition can be completed or that we'll somehow end up with some poor manager who can't implement the style he's trying to implement.

The hard work has been done in clearing out the old guard and starting to change the style. Now we just need a manager who is happy to play a passing style but who is more adventurous than Cautious Claude.

There are a million different managers out there and with a global profile, a top class training ground and stadium expansion on the way, I don't see why we couldn't attract one of the better ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

That's not my job to know. But there should be someone at the club who is monitoring the German/French/Italian/Spanish/Portuguese/Dutch leagues and has an idea.

People seem to think that if we get rid of Puel there's no way the transition can be completed or that we'll somehow end up with some poor manager who can't implement the style he's trying to implement.

The hard work has been done in clearing out the old guard and starting to change the style. Now we just need a manager who is happy to play a passing style but who is more adventurous than Cautious Claude.

There are a million different managers out there and with a global profile, a top class training ground and stadium expansion on the way, I don't see why we couldn't attract one of the better ones.

Honestly not trying to pick a fight but I’ve asked this question about 6 times tonight and barely had a response, I’m personally not bothered if Puel was to go, I don’t have a particular affliction to him but I do worry about our ability to get a replacement when you look at our track record of managerial hires.

I’m a believer that we need somebody with experience in the league or atleast top European experience that narrows the pool somewhat, as above Eddie Howe would be ideal but I can’t see him wanting to come to us nor do I think our owners are they types to try and poach a manager.

You only have to look at Southampton to see what a bad hire does to the club and that has lasting effects personally I’d rather we see the season out and then reassess over the summer, spending time to find a proper replacement if that’s the direction decided by the club rather than make a quick decision then scramble around getting a replacement 

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

Honestly not trying to pick a fight but I’ve asked this question about 6 times tonight and barely had a response, I’m personally not bothered if Puel was to go, I don’t have a particular affliction to him but I do worry about our ability to get a replacement when you look at our track record of managerial hires.

I’m a believer that we need somebody with experience in the league or atleast top European experience that narrows the pool somewhat, as above Eddie Howe would be ideal but I can’t see him wanting to come to us nor do I think our owners are they types to try and poach a manager.

You only have to look at Southampton to see what a bad hire does to the club and that has lasting effects personally I’d rather we see the season out and then reassess over the summer, spending time to find a proper replacement if that’s the direction decided by the club rather than make a quick decision then scramble around getting a replacement 

But it's not our job as fans to know the answer to that question.

When you asked Newcastle fans when they got rid of McClaren who they wanted, I doubt any of them would have said Benitez as it seemed out of the question. But somehow they managed it.

Similarly when Southampton hired Pochettino I doubt any of their fans would have given you his name had you asked. Or Hull fans saying Marco Silva.

I can give you a profile of what I would like: plays a passing style, likes his teams be quick and offensive, has a good track record of recruitment, is engaging and develops a rapport with the fan base and his players, demands absolute 100% commitment and 'never say die' attitude from his team. But I don't have the knowledge of every manager out there to be able to give you a name.

Pathetic from Claude. I've been worried about our home form for a long time now, he's taken our strengths of quick attacking and passionate crowds and reduced it to shit with his dreary defensive style. Hopefully we won't have to endure this crap he serves up with a talented squad who are capable of so much more, for much longer.

• Like 1