Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Premier League Home Form Since February

34 minutes ago, FIF said:

again ! The end of last season has nothing to do with this season.

Anyone who is not content with top half of the table for such a young team that is clearly in rebuild mode is quite unreasonable in my opinion.

It's good for an agenda though.

I mean, it's as if we actually play in seasons and not calendar years.

29 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Puel seems to reckon we need European football to keep hold of them..

'I think it's a concern of a lot of players': Leicester boss Claude Puel admits club need European football if they are to keep their top stars

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6473993/Leicester-boss-Claude-Puel-admits-club-need-European-football.html

I understand the theory but many of these players simply aren't good enough to get into the starting 16 (let alone 11) of any of the top 5 or 6 clubs. They may think that they are and sure our 2 or 3 best could but it because they are not (yet) good/consistent enough that they aren't challenging for anything other than an outside shot of the Europa league qualifiers which some would still think is beneath them. The only way for most of them to play in Europe is to go to a top team in an easy league like Belgium or khazakstan.

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd take West Ham's wide players over ours in a heartbeat. 

It's easy to say. However are our wide players any worse than our midfielders or our defenders or dare I say it our attackers?

We're 7th to 11th for a reason.

Personally I'm happy with that and think that people really expecting us to get into Europe through the premier league are not at all realistic.

35 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

A very good point. I'd forgotten Spurs scattergun approach at one point and they had their share of failures and poor transfers.

Levy has always been astute and went in another direction. Poaching Pochettino from Southampton was another great bit of business and it's baring fruit. They've had their disappointments but it was a long term plan. Despite spending zilch in the summer, they are still up there in 3rd. They won't win it this season but they're inching forward each year. 

I don't think they'll ever win in because this Man City side is possibly the greatest one English football has ever seen, but they'll be regular challengers for the best of the rest position

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

It's easy to say. However are our wide players any worse than our midfielders or our defenders or dare I say it our attackers?

We're 7th to 11th for a reason.

Personally I'm happy with that and think that people really expecting us to get into Europe through the premier league are not at all realistic.

It is easy to say. Our lack of creative spark is one of the bigger issues though. Anderson, Zaha, there's plenty of similar clubs to us have players that would significantly improve our creativity. Midfielders, in general, have much more to do than create, which is a wingers main (basically only) priority. Again, that's been more about our recruitment though.

I agree with your 2nd and 3rd points totally though.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I don't think they'll ever win in because this Man City side is possibly the greatest one English football has ever seen, but they'll be regular challengers for the best of the rest position

That's probably true. Despite their long term plan and extremely good manager, they are still struggling to take that final step and perhaps never will.

It just goes to show how difficult it is to move above what is your usual position. Well run clubs can do it as a one off, or sometimes for a few seasons, but the infrastructure and decision making within the club has to be close to prefect to maintain it. Even then, the wealth (and decision making) at Man City will probably make it very unlikely for Spurs to do so.

Plenty of apathy last night. Fans much quieter than usual.

The home form for much of 2018 has to be a concern.

As Jordan Blackwell wrote for the Mercury today:

"Puel cannot afford for boredom to set in, particularly at home, where City have won just four of their last 15 in the league. Supporters crave victory, but if that’s not achievable, they will accept excitement as a next-best option. If there’s neither, then there’s a problem."

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Puel seems to reckon we need European football to keep hold of them..

'I think it's a concern of a lot of players': Leicester boss Claude Puel admits club need European football if they are to keep their top stars

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6473993/Leicester-boss-Claude-Puel-admits-club-need-European-football.html

He said it would help.

27 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

The results and performances were terrible last season after January as you well know, so what are you on about? 

You spoke like they have continued to get worse when they clearly haven't otherwise we wouldn't be 9th for starters.