Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Crystal Palace (A) 15 Dec Pre Match Thread

No one started one so here goes!!!

Must win match with run of fixtures that follow so I'd go with this

Kasper

Ricardo

Maguire

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Albrighton

Maddison

Okazaki

Vardy

4 4 2 with Maddison deployed on the left

I'd like to see 3-5-2 but not likely

Kasper

Ricardo

Morgan

Evans

Chilwell

Mendy

Silva

Ghezzal

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Maddison and Vardy to come off after an hour or so, Ndidi and Maguire on the bench in case needed (trying to keep fitness for the cup game, Man City will play a second string and our first string might be able to take them)

Kasper

Pereira

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Iborra

Ghezzal

Mendy

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Start with the same formation as last night. The only difference is get Maddison in next to Mendy in a 4-1-4-1 rather than playing a number 10 role. I think the 4-1-4-1 suits us and eventually we could have Barnes replacing Ghezzal. I think it’s the most logical way to get the best out of both Barnes and Maddison and still getting them in the same side. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

We're not favored again until Cardiff City.

LCFCDec.JPG.24bf3a7b17c01eaf8f9802d6710009c4.JPG

We really need to snatch all 3 points given Zaha's and Tomkins' suspensions, and Puel has to know this.  Very, very interested to see who he chooses.

Huge game for us. We absolutely cannot take Palace for granted, they smashed us 8-0 on aggregate last season! They might be in poor form, but if I was a Palace player I would be going into this game in more confident fashion than usual.

I think this is a great point of self reflection for the team, manager and fans. Get beat again and it's hard for even the most optimistic people like me to say "we are making progress!" Get a draw or a win though and there is hope still left to cling onto lol

Based purely on last season I'd go Palace win. They stifled us, outfought and out thought us in both games. They weren't even close! It seems like Hodgson knew the perfect way to setup against us. But of course I have my fingers crossed :fc: that we can beat them. We have the better players than them, and given that Zaha who is their star man is suspended (as is Tomkins who is another good player of theirs) and we have it in our hands.

Puel in, or Puel Out!? Tune in Saturday to find out!

Just as we should be targetting this as a winnable game so will they, especially after last season.

Who knows, both sides pretty poor really. Home advatage might just swing it their way though we are about as inspiring away from home as we are at home.

How much do we rotate for the Man City game?

I’d go:

Kasper

Pereira

Morgan

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ghezzal

Iborra

Ndidi

Gray

Okazaki

Vardy