Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Crystal Palace (A) 15 Dec Pre Match Thread

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's problematic is it. Weaken the team for this or for the cup match. Weaken it for this and lose,  people will be pointing to our next group of harder games and say it was crazy not to target 3 points. Weaken it for the cup match and lose, people will scream lack of ambition again. A manager can't possibly win. ??

You say weaken, but what does that actually mean? Not like we've been strong recently.

If Vardy is half fit I wouldn't start him. Bring him on for 30 mins at end as a warm up for Tuesday.

Otherwise we shouldn't be resting too much for Tuesday as is doesn't really matter who plays.

CP lineup

Schmeichel

Chilwell/Fuchs

Evans

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Albrighton

Mendy

Iborra

Ghezzal

Okazaki

Iheanacho

Tuesday:

Ward

Chilwell

Maguire

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Mendy

Ndidi

Gray

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m just saying it was a pretty even game last year as both sides rotated hence why it went to penalties... with a bit more quality on the pitch we could have won, not saying we should expect to beat Man City or we’re better than them jheez

If Mahrez and Vardz hadn't messed up we would have won. Don't matter how good Bravo is at saving Pens. Fact.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Yes I can see that. I wasn’t referring to that tho if you look at the OP I was saying if we had started a stronger side we probably wouldn’t have needed penalties because with the subs that came on we looked the better side against them last year 

The squad from both teams wasn't that weak

12 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Which games should we not bother with then?

Can't get more explicit than to say I hope he select his best available side for each game. That means taking all games seriously in the order they come in.

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

FWIW, I've noticed that when Iborra tweets something about the next match and how excited he is (which he just did) he usually starts.  So expect him on the lineup card Saturday.

Hopefully N'didi has been dropped then. He's been dogshit this season

I would play as close to a full strength team on Saturday and likewise on Tuesday. Forget the upcoming games after that. Only Vardy is really a protection worry right now, Maguire might have to be eased back in but for once defence isn't as much of a worry as it has been.

I'd prefer us to be a but more direct vs Palace and if that requires 4-4-2 and Maddison have a breather for Tuesday then so be it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I heard this too. And he uses stats and abilities to pair them up for kissing apparently

I heard he uses those paper fortune teller things to pick the team each week. This week, Okazaki picked blue, then the number 5, so apparently his crush is going to ask him out in the next 3 days after he plays as the lone striker. True story.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If Vardy is half fit I wouldn't start him. Bring him on for 30 mins at end as a warm up for Tuesday.

If he can only play a half, I'd probably start him in hopes of scoring first.

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Last season was one of, if not the worst away performance I have ever been to that I can remember.

Hoping I don’t regret going to this one as well, watching that kind of performance just ruins the entire weekend.

5-0 was it? Who got sent off? Albrighton?

5 hours ago, l444ry said:

Can't get more explicit than to say I hope he select his best available side for each game. That means taking all games seriously in the order they come in.

Well, that is certainly one approach. We could look around the PL and see how much the different sides have used your approach, rather than Puel's. But life is short.lol

I'm not sure what the proportions would be, but I imagine Claude isn't the only one trying to nurse a squad through the period in this way, working extremely closely with the coaches and sport scientists to maximise our effort over the whole period, rather than waiting for the players to hit the wall and hoping things will work out.

I would suggest Claude's is the modern way, all this business about players 'going into the red' and all that. Clearly, I don't really understand it ;), but they are continually collecting masses of data on players, and I guess the big sides all look at that data.

• Like 1