Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

No one can say that they weren’t excited by this signing when it happened. The dibacle with the late registration actually added to the hype and must have taken its toll over the time perioid. I’m not sure if the club played many behind the door, closed friendlies to inter heart him, however it just hasn’t worked. We’ve never seen the Adrian that played for Sporting ot Portugal. 

Sometimes people need to move on, as sad as it is, now is that time for Adrian.

• Like 1

I was always optimistic that he would eventually settle and come good for us, but his lack of playing time is very telling. I look at Mendy and how he came back in from the cold, but Silva hasn't suffered a long injury or had to be sent out on loan to build his fitness back up.

He just doesn't look suited to our team or this league. The cup game against Wolves was the game that finally convinced me. He had a few nice touches but he was so woefully off the pace it was untrue. When Hamza Choudhury came on, he did more in the final few minutes than Silva had done all game.

I think a move back to Sporting would be the best thing for all parties to be honest.

We all wanted it to work out particularly because of the mess it took to get him here but it just isn't. most of the time he isn't even in the matchday squad anymore. he is most likely as fed up with it as we are!. he probably just wants first team football and to be playing regularly and coming here has set his career back massively. if he isn't playing there is no point having him here so send him out on loan or sell him and cut our losses.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s hard to say really when he hasn’t had much of a chance in the side, in the game against United I thought he looked good and Maddison and Gray performed well in that game having someone from deeper getting the ball to them quicker, but I don’t know.

There is a player in there somewhere. He just needs a manager who believes in him, which is not Puel.

Gutted by this signing. Had such high hopes for him and thought he would be just what we needed to help fully transition us to Puel's style. 

I always like to give new signings as long as possible, especially ones I think on paper look great, but having seen him play, he just doesn't seem capable to play at the pace or physicality of the league. He really does look like a youth player out there at times and just doesn't have that toughness needed for the Prem. 

Puel has shown very little faith in him too, so I imagine he will be trying to get rid of him in this window if possible, and he can't really complain too much and may even welcome a move away. 

Question is, how much can we get for him now? A loan deal is no good for us really, as he may as well stay 6 more months as back-up. I imagine anything between £15-20million would be accepted, but can't see many other clubs than Sporting interested and they will try to screw us! 

Slap an 18million pricetag on him in this window and you never know, a club from Italy or Spain may come calling. If not, he stays 6 months and barring a miracle turnaround in form, he goes in the Summer most probably. 

You win some, you lose some! We move on and roll the dice again!

• Like 1

14 seconds late, has to wait half a year to get his chance. Ends up being a bit-part player. Rumours of getting transferred out after only twelve months at LCFC.

Aren't we fantastic with signing new players?

Shades of Gökhan Inler.

Edited by MC Prussian

30 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

how about giving him a run of games?

Agreed, Silva alongside Ndidi or Mendy. Give him 5-1O games and see how he gets on. Never had a consistent run in our team. We are stuck mid table in the premiership at least give the guy a chance. 

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

14 seconds late, has to wait half a year to get his chance. Ends up being a bit-part player. Rumours of getting transferred out after only twelve months at LCFC.

Aren't we fantastic with signing new players?

Shades of Gökhan Inler.

No. We're sh1t. Every single transfer going back as far as I remember has been as badly handled and as unsuccessful as Silva's.

We sign some players that work out, we sign some players that don't work out. The same as just about every other premier league club bar maybe the top 4 who have access to the best players. Not sure why some people think we're so terrible in the transfer market.

More hits than misses I'd say and who could have predicted Silva's struggles? It's not an exact science is it?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

We sign some players that work out, we sign some players that don't work out. The same as just about every other premier league club bar maybe the top 4 who have access to the best players. Not sure why some people think we're so terrible in the transfer market.

More hits than misses I'd say and who could have predicted Silva's struggles? It's not an exact science is it?

Mate, one signing that doesn't work out means that we are the worst club on earth and those responsible should be killed.  X

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2