Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Abdulkadir Omur should be still on our radar, a very talented multi purpose midfielder. Seems to have it all and we wanted him in the summer.

He's that Turkish lad. Sort of reminds me of knockaert from his highlights.

• Like 1

None of us have extensive scouting knowledge so any name a I threw out would be ill researched. Sometimes I do wish we'd play the big man and sign up the best players from those teams around and below us. Those players that do well but the bigger teams don't always take the risk of. Wilson, Fraser, Milivojevic, Zaha, or players like Deeney or Winston Reid a few years ago, etc. (Have just thrown those names out, not suggesting we could get them). Would be nice to say "I drink your milshake" and steal their best players. X 

Edited by RumbleFox

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

None of us have extensive scouting knowledge so any name a I threw out would be ill researched. Sometimes I do wish we'd play the big man and sign up the best players from those teams around and below us. Those players that do well but the bigger teams don't always take the risk of. Wilson, Fraser, Milivojevic, Zaha, or players like Deeney or Winston Reid a few years ago, etc. (Have just thrown those names out, not suggesting we could get them). Would be nice to say "I drink your milshake" and steal their best players. X 

Problem now Rumble is the Prem is so financially powerful that teams can ask for £40m+ for their players! Not a good business model for us to follow but I do appreciate that those are the standard of players we so need.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Why the hell do people keep saying dembele. Dude gets gassed after 60 minutes and spurs fans are begging to get rid of him. :mellow:

Maybe because he is a proven premier league player who has also featured for his national side in World Cup and euros? He may get gassed after 60 minutes but I bet he could crate more in that 60 mins than Ndidi and Mendy do all season.

6 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

Reported today that Mousa Dembele is considering a move to a Chinese club.

The fee is thought to be £11 million.

Worth a punt ?

He wanted to move there in the summer. Think he is after a huge wage! More than what we can offer him.

He has also struggled with injuries for the last couple of seasons. 

He is the quality of player we should be targeting though.

On 07/01/2019 at 15:48, RowlattsFox said:

I saw somewhere that Spurs might be willing to let Dembele leave, probably have offers overseas but he could be great for us.

Ah yes, we will of course cough up to his exorbitant wage demands. The wage demands of a consistently unfit, past his prime midfielder. I don't want him.

20 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Hakim Ziyech, please. Need more creative, attacking and/or dynamic midfielders.

Others:

Adam Lallana (on loan)

Giovani Lo Celso (on loan from PSG in the summer; hopefully, Betis won't buy him)

Kai Havertz (Leverkusen)

Alfred Duncan (Sassuolo; well, more a bit of competition for Ndidi)

Nandez (Boca, the white N'Golo Kanté)

Valentin Rongier (Nantes)

Jonas Hofmann (Mönchengladbach)

Denis Bouanga (Nîmes Olympique)

Ziyech is bigger than us, he will go to the likes of Roma or Marseille or Sevilla, some club with a good chance of CL football any given year.

Don't Betis have an option to buy? Lo Celso has been so good for them I would be shocked if they didn't buy him.

Havertz might be feasible. He would be a big coup. He's massive for Leverkusen though and it would be hard to prise him away unless he specifically wanted to move. Even then, he's more of a .10 if I'm not mistaken? We already have Maddison and Ghezzal there.

I don't know enough to comment on the others but will trust that they're good options ;):P

15 hours ago, the messenger said:

Thorgan Hazzard

Callum Wilson

Cedric Soares

That's an odd gradient of delusional to unambitious

16 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Dembele definitely or victor wanyama

Spurs fans all saying Wanyama's knees are gone.

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

Maybe because he is a proven premier league player who has also featured for his national side in World Cup and euros? He may get gassed after 60 minutes but I bet he could crate more in that 60 mins than Ndidi and Mendy do all season.

Spurs fans are currently wanting to get rid of him. What does that say about his current ability to play to a PL standard?

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Pointless signing anyone really. Puel will drain any enthusiasm they have. He will make midfielders scared to pass forward or try anything to turn a defence. He will make sure that strikers will be reluctant to shoot. Defenders won't know what their roles are. Any flair or skill or excitement or attacking intent will be sucked out of any signings. So lets save our transfer funds until he is gone, then try to build a squad capable of, at least, beating the likes of Cardiff City and Newport County.

3 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Pointless signing anyone really. Puel will drain any enthusiasm they have. He will make midfielders scared to pass forward or try anything to turn a defence. He will make sure that strikers will be reluctant to shoot. Defenders won't know what their roles are. Any flair or skill or excitement or attacking intent will be sucked out of any signings. So lets save our transfer funds until he is gone, then try to build a squad capable of, at least, beating the likes of Cardiff City and Newport County.

Who pissed on your cornflakes this morning?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

You've outdone yourself here, Mike. :appl:

• Like 2

Ander Herrera anyone? Wouldn't cost that much considering he is 29 and a bit/part player at Man U. 

Got over 100 appearances in the Prem and always performed quite well when called upon, even in a very rocky Man U period! 

Works hard but can also create things and chips in with some goals at times too. Think he could add that bit of quality in the middle that wouldn't break the bank. 

56 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Post of the year so far. Genuinely well done. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Problem now Rumble is the Prem is so financially powerful that teams can ask for £40m+ for their players! Not a good business model for us to follow but I do appreciate that those are the standard of players we so need.

Aye It's a shame PL prices are so inflated. X 

3 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Dude has 12 assists in over 200 matches, has been on off injured all season and has swathes of spurs fan baying for him to be binned. But aight, each to their own and all that. 

On 05/01/2019 at 14:22, siraaj_lcfc said:

Wolves are signing Tammy Abraham on loan ladz. Greatttt.

I see reports that Tammy Abraham has turned down a loan move to Wolves in favour of staying at Villa, but would be open to permanent move to a PL club.  Doing well in Championship and could be interesting as backup and long-term replacement for Vardy if Chelsea willing to sell.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Ander Herrera anyone? Wouldn't cost that much considering he is 29 and a bit/part player at Man U. 

Got over 100 appearances in the Prem and always performed quite well when called upon, even in a very rocky Man U period! 

Works hard but can also create things and chips in with some goals at times too. Think he could add that bit of quality in the middle that wouldn't break the bank. 

Yes please, loan deal with a view to a permanent deal would be class but he'll end up back at Bilbao.

21 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

I see reports that Tammy Abraham has turned down a loan move to Wolves in favour of staying at Villa, but would be open to permanent move to a PL club.  Doing well in Championship and could be interesting as backup and long-term replacement for Vardy if Chelsea willing to sell.

They're not.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes please, loan deal with a view to a permanent deal would be class but he'll end up back at Bilbao.

Failing that, let's go after Loftus Cheek if rumours of Chelsea signing two CM's is true. Not as cultured as Herrera but much better at driving forward with the ball than what we currently have in the centre. Surely he will finally of had enough with Chelsea if he is demoted again by new signings!

I still think Herrera may fancy another 2-3 years in the Prem though and the perhaps a return to his home club of Bilbao at 32 for a season or two. They are currently in a relegation battle so not that attractive to a CM still in his prime age. 

• Like 2