Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Spurs fans are currently wanting to get rid of him. What does that say about his current ability to play to a PL standard?

Says that he’s not good enough to play for a team that is in the top four and currently challenging for the title. We aren’t a top 4 side challenging for the title and he is 100% an upgrade on Ndidi and Mendy.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Dude has 12 assists in over 200 matches, has been on off injured all season and has swathes of spurs fan baying for him to be binned. But aight, each to their own and all that. 

You do realise that assists don’t accurately represent creativity. Especially for a defensive midfielder who is more likely to make the pre-assist pass. Diagonally into one of the wingers or into the striker to lay it off for an attacking midfielder etc. Have you actually watched him play? 

Also, seen as you are so against Dembélé. Why don’t you suggest who you’d like to see come in instead?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

You do realise that assists don’t accurately represent creativity. Especially for a defensive midfielder who is more likely to make the pre-assist pass. Diagonally into one of the wingers or into the striker to lay it off for an attacking midfielder etc. Have you actually watched him play? 

Also, seen as you are so against Dembélé. Why don’t you suggest who you’d like to see come in instead?

Have you seen him play THIS season? He's been garbage. You don't ship yourself off to China with 6 months left on your contract if you don't think you're finished. He'd have waited for better offers from European clubs if he was even half as good (now) as he's being made out to be on here. 

I don't need to suggest anyone to come in, I'm happy with what we have right now. Summer is for buying, not January. No point spaffing money away now on overpriced players for the sake of finishing somewhere near where we are now. 

We're safe, we should be using the next half of the season to see who needs to leave and who can progress. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Failing that, let's go after Loftus Cheek if rumours of Chelsea signing two CM's is true. Not as cultured as Herrera but much better at driving forward with the ball than what we currently have in the centre. Surely he will finally of had enough with Chelsea if he is demoted again by new signings!

I still think Herrera may fancy another 2-3 years in the Prem though and the perhaps a return to his home club of Bilbao at 32 for a season or two. They are currently in a relegation battle so not that attractive to a CM still in his prime age. 

Would be my number 1 choice if there was any chance but would the fee be insane?

17 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Have you seen him play THIS season? He's been garbage. You don't ship yourself off to China with 6 months left on your contract if you don't think you're finished. He'd have waited for better offers from European clubs if he was even half as good (now) as he's being made out to be on here.

I don't need to suggest anyone to come in, I'm happy with what we have right now. Summer is for buying, not January. No point spaffing money away now on overpriced players for the sake of finishing somewhere near where we are now. 

We're safe, we should be using the next half of the season to see who needs to leave and who can progress. 

No, I haven’t seen him play this season as he has hardly featured. Lots of players have gone to play in China, not because they aren’t good enough to play in the top 5 leagues, more than likely for the money. Do you remember pele from Southampton? He’d just had a great season with them and moved to China where he became one of the 5 highest paid footballers. Definitely wasn’t one of the best 5 footballers though.

Also, no ones made him out to be anything. It’s true that he has been one of the most consistent midfielders in the prem over the last few years. No one’s putting him forward for PFA player of the year, we are stating that he’d be an upgrade on what we have.

Edited by Foxboy
Also, if you don’t want anyone to come in then don’t even bother replying to a thread called “Who do you want in January 2019”.

2 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

No, I haven’t seen him play this season as he has hardly featured. Lots of players have gone to play in China, not because they aren’t good enough to play in the top 5 leagues, more than likely for the money. Do you remember pele from Southampton? He’d just had a great season with them and moved to China where he became one of the 5 highest paid footballers. Definitely wasn’t one of the best 5 footballers though.

Also, no ones made him out to be anything. It’s true that he has been one of the most consistent midfielders in the prem over the last few years. No one’s putting him forward for PFA player of the year, we are stating that he’d be an upgrade on what we have.

So you want a player in and you've not even seen them play this season? That explains it. It's like arguing with a blind man what colour the sky is. 

And I'll post in whatever thread I feel like posting in. Cheers. lol

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So you want a player in and you've not even seen them play this season? That explains it. It's like arguing with a blind man what colour the sky is. 

And I'll post in whatever thread I feel like posting in. Cheers. lol

Yeah I’m not a head scout at a premier league team though am I mate. I’m simply saying that I like Dembélé as a player. Whether it be at the World Cup or last season. I’m not going to check the spurs line up every weekend waiting for him to feature so I can watch one of his games, I have better things to do.

1 minute ago, Foxboy said:

Yeah I’m not a head scout at a premier league team though am I mate. I’m simply saying that I like Dembélé as a player. Whether it be at the World Cup or last season. I’m not going to check the spurs line up every weekend waiting for him to feature so I can watch one of his games, I have better things to do.

I like dembele as a player too, he was one of the best players I've ever seen at breaking up play and retaining the ball. That doesn't change the fact that he is done at this level. He doesn't have the tank anymore, he doesn't have the fitness anymore. He has been an utter liability to spurs everytime he has played this season and the fact that spurs fans are happily waving bye to what has been one of their standout players in recent years, and a fan favourite is a testament to that. 

There's no shame in getting older and having injuries nosedive your ability, it happens. 

12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Close the entire transfer thread because no forwards are available?  What a weird post.  X

He said 2 weeks ago that January wasn’t the time to do any business... So don’t expect too much done eh..

And if it’s anywhere that we need strengthening, it’s the forward line.

Dont you think Puels post is weirder saying no forwards are available..lol

Just now, Rigga said:

He said 2 weeks ago that January wasn’t the time to do any business... So don’t expect too much done eh..

Not really.  Managers always have to play things close the their chests.  If he came out and said exactly who he was after it would be weirder and he would be slagged for letting slip our targets.  X

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I like dembele as a player too, he was one of the best players I've ever seen at breaking up play and retaining the ball. That doesn't change the fact that he is done at this level. He doesn't have the tank anymore, he doesn't have the fitness anymore. He has been an utter liability to spurs everytime he has played this season and the fact that spurs fans are happily waving bye to what has been one of their standout players in recent years, and a fan favourite is a testament to that. 

There's no shame in getting older and having injuries nosedive your ability, it happens. 

I think we all know fans are absolutely ruthless with players. How many times have threads been opened up in here slating Morgan after 2 bad games then 3 weeks later another thread opens up talking about how great he is and how he’s a real rock at the back. Same with Simpson, everyone said he wasn’t good enough and he needed replacing. We replaced him and everyone on here was happy couldn’t wait for him to leave and then he comes on against city has a good game and suddenly “Simpson is one of the best defensive rb’s”

4 minutes ago, Rigga said:

No forwards are available in January though really. No one is looking to sell their best goal scorers.

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Not really.  Managers always have to play things close the their chests.  If he came out and said exactly who he was after it would be weirder and he would be slagged for letting slip our targets.  X

Nearly every player/striker has a price... so rubbish to say there are non available..

5 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

No forwards are available in January though really. No one is looking to sell their best goal scorers.

Wouldn’t that be the same for best GK CB CM etc..... be a boring window wouldn’t it..

Just tells me that Claude isn’t looking because he’s happy with who he has...which lets be honest is worrying!

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

Says that he’s not good enough to play for a team that is in the top four and currently challenging for the title. We aren’t a top 4 side challenging for the title and he is 100% an upgrade on Ndidi and Mendy.

Spurs' senior mids are Dembele, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Wanyama. Wanyama has been injured for the large majority of this season and most of last season, and when he has played, he has looked past it due to his chronic knee injuries deeply affecting his play. 

51 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I think the main problem with Dembele isn't that he's past it (although he's certainly not in his prime and has been playing poorly) but his exorbitant wage demands. We aren't giving him 10 million plus a year.

27 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

He played like half a game at the World Cup, wait for it... Due to injury. 

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Spurs' senior mids are Dembele, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Wanyama. Wanyama has been injured for the large majority of this season and most of last season, and when he has played, he has looked past it due to his chronic knee injuries deeply affecting his play. 

??? We talking bout wanyama or Dembélé?

5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think the main problem with Dembele isn't that he's past it (although he's certainly not in his prime and has been playing poorly) but his exorbitant wage demands. We aren't giving him 10 million plus a year.

Which I’d imagine is why he’s on his way to China