Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

58 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Would be my number 1 choice if there was any chance but would the fee be insane?

I think £40 million which is probably out of our reach if the rumours of tightening our belt due to stadium expansion and training complex. Loan deal probably most likely for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I'd happily spend 30-40m on him.

Me too but just think if he does come available, it will be at the wrong time for us in terms of what we are given budget wise to spend in this window. Just feels like we will see a tightening of the purse strings now, due to our investment in the infrastructure and also our recent expensive flops. 

I do think he has a huge future ahead of him in terms of being a top Prem midfielder though, so I would be going all out to sign him if he is for sale in this window. I imagine there would be a lot of competition though with teams like Everton, West Ham and co. all willing to spend big on him and able to match us wage wise. Still, not that far of a stretch to think he would join us, a team currently 7th and with a young exciting squad emerging. 

This may be a long shout, especially for January.

With Wolves trying to buy another striker, it may mean that Raul Jimenez (who is on loan from Benfica) isn't their long term plan. They might not actually buy him in the summer or will try and buy other strikers and him. Either way, he might be attainable in six months. I'd very much like him here. He's great at holding the ball up and is proven in this league.

• Like 1

I don't think we will add anyone this window for a variety of reasons, that said if we get the summer window right next season we have a real chance to progress.

The defence won't need touching at all with the emergence of Benk and Soyuncu. Unless we need to look outside of the academy to replace Fuchs. That means our whole budget can go on signing exciting attacking players, a centre mid, a proper mahrez replacement and another winger on top of that and a striker. It would be lovely to go to a game thinking we have players who can be exciting again.

3 hours ago, Spicer said:

This may be a long shout, especially for January.

With Wolves trying to buy another striker, it may mean that Raul Jimenez (who is on loan from Benfica) isn't their long term plan. They might not actually buy him in the summer or will try and buy other strikers and him. Either way, he might be attainable in six months. I'd very much like him here. He's great at holding the ball up and is proven in this league.

Seem to recall we looked at him when we got promoted but opted for Ulloa as he didn't want to know. Would be a good shout but can't see it myself

15 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Don't go upsetting @Babylon now. Average player according to him. Wish we had only loaned him out myself and we could now be reaping the benefits of his quality.

Yes he's an average top level striker and he's done little to prove otherwise. Currently 13 people outscoring him in the Bundesliga. 

Goes through huge spells of not scoring. 23 games without a goal at one point last season. Conincidently I don't remember anyone tagging me in when he hadn't scored for months on end then... wonder why.

28 in the summer and still not managed to beat Okazaki's 15 Bundesliga goals In a season. You'll notice it's a tad easier to return good numbers over there.

Would he be better than Okazaki and Iheanacho, yes because they aren't even currently average top level strikers. Doesn't mean he's the second coming of Christ like people make out on here. He is what he's always been, talented but with flaws.

And Maddison for the record is one goal off his goals and assists in the league this season, playing his first season in top flight football at the age of 22. So I'd rather stick with the talented kid we have than spend money on someone who doesn't even play as a 9 for his team most of the time.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Yes he's an average top level striker and he's done little to prove otherwise. Currently 13 people outscoring him in the Bundesliga. 

Goes through huge spells of not scoring. 23 games without a goal at one point last season. Conincidently I don't remember anyone tagging me in when he hadn't scored for months on end then... wonder why.

28 in the summer and still not managed to beat Okazaki's 15 Bundesliga goals In a season. You'll notice it's a tad easier to return good numbers over there.

Would he be better than Okazaki and Iheanacho, yes because they aren't even currently average top level strikers. Doesn't mean he's the second coming of Christ like people make out on here. He is what he's always been, talented but with flaws.

And Maddison for the record is one goal off his goals and assists in the league this season, playing his first season in top flight football at the age of 22. So I'd rather stick with the talented kid we have than spend money on someone who doesn't even play as a 9 for his team most of the time.

Well reasoned reply but I think sometimes it can be better to judge what you see with your eyes rather than over analyse every available stat.

Edited by Blue Fox 72