Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

4 hours ago, WilmslowFox said:

John Marquis from Doncaster?  I know he's playing League One football, but he clearly knows where the goal is (top scorer in EFL this season) and has been likened to Vardy.  He's only 26 and unlike other options he would probably be happy to sit on the bench most weeks, in order to get a PL move.  Doncaster wouldn't be overjoyed to lose him, so maybe offer someone on loan as a sweetener.

Jesus. This is the straw that broke the camel's back; I finally feel miserable about Leicester.

He's 26 and has spent all his time in L1&2 (pretty much). Not like he's slipped through the cracks and risen his way up the leagues. If that's what we're currently aiming at, I look forward to returning to the championship.

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Adam Lallana was mentioned a few pages back.

If he can prove his fitness then he'd be a superb signing. Exactly the sort of player we need if we're going to be sticking with a 3 man midfield.

Klopp said recently that he is in his first team plans now fit again. It's a no go. Perhaps in the summer though. I think he is a decent player! 

On 13/01/2019 at 11:17, lgfualol said:

Any striker over 6ft that has a head

Apologies if there's already been pages on him already , but Llorente at spuds.

33 , out of contract in the summer so may not demand a regular starting place . Not really had a kick since he's been there and from what I remember was pretty good in the air at Swansea. 

Premier league ready  -  loan deal till summer ? View to a buy ?

( awaiting usual ridicule )

Rubens loftus cheek

3 Defensive midfielders may be decent away day tactics against the big boys but Hamza, Mendy and Ndidi are arguably the least creative midfield in the premier league. I have no stats but Id like to see how many goals and assists they have mustered between them this season.

Kasper

Ricardo - Evans - Maguire - Chilwell

Hamza - Ndidi

Loftus Cheek - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

Attack attack attack!!!

6 hours ago, les-tah said:

Just give us a CM who can play football. maybe pass and move get forward abit.. create something etc.

Yaya Toure. Looking for a new club. Can play football, can score goals, would be a threat at corners, a bit of experience to help the younger player. Short term contract to the end of the season. no transfer fee either

1 hour ago, WestLothianFox said:

Yaya Toure. Looking for a new club. Can play football, can score goals, would be a threat at corners, a bit of experience to help the younger player. Short term contract to the end of the season. no transfer fee either

The OP said pass and move.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Jesus. This is the straw that broke the camel's back; I finally feel miserable about Leicester.

He's 26 and has spent all his time in L1&2 (pretty much). Not like he's slipped through the cracks and risen his way up the leagues. If that's what we're currently aiming at, I look forward to returning to the championship.

I'm not sure you've full understood the purpose of this thread.

12 hours ago, WilmslowFox said:

John Marquis from Doncaster?  I know he's playing League One football, but he clearly knows where the goal is (top scorer in EFL this season) and has been likened to Vardy.  He's only 26 and unlike other options he would probably be happy to sit on the bench most weeks, in order to get a PL move.  Doncaster wouldn't be overjoyed to lose him, so maybe offer someone on loan as a sweetener.

I'm lost for words.

4 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Che Adams, Josh Brownhill, Jarod Bowen linked.

Maybe they're good, maybe they're bad, I've no idea. 

But they're not adding much excitement to what is the most depressing transfer window for quite some time. Seriously boring. 

What does concern me is that we are all crying out for a creative attacking midfielder and the manager is saying he’s happy with his midfield options... Whilst I don’t expect him to be saying in public “I’ve got 25 million to spend can anybody help me?” I am noticing there’s nobody ‘lined up’ so to speak and that I’m wondering if there is even a place for an attacking rather than defensive midfielder playing centrally in a 433 or 4231 in a Puel side. 

4 hours ago, Toddybad said:

But they're not adding much excitement to what is the most depressing transfer window for quite some time. Seriously boring. 

At least we are looking at filling the right positions

Dear John,

Can we have 

1 x Oliver Ntcham https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBxzXLPNuGc

(Interestingly, according to gossip, Porto are going to bid 14m for him)

1 x Seb Haller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF_LiaX8Hz8

(Big lad, good header, scores a decent amount, at Eintract Frankfurt but could be expensive)

Cheers

Edited by Dahnsouff

5 hours ago, Toddybad said:

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

What does concern me is that we are all crying out for a creative attacking midfielder and the manager is saying he’s happy with his midfield options... Whilst I don’t expect him to be saying in public “I’ve got 25 million to spend can anybody help me?” I am noticing there’s nobody ‘lined up’ so to speak and that I’m wondering if there is even a place for an attacking rather than defensive midfielder playing centrally in a 433 or 4231 in a Puel side. 

I know he's our player already who was out on loan.  Buti i'm pretty pleased with Barnes coming back.  Looks like a very promising player

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I know he's our player already who was out on loan.  Buti i'm pretty pleased with Barnes coming back.  Looks like a very promising player

Sure but he’s a winger or a 10 or a forward.

Not really a creative midfielder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sure but he’s a winger or a 10 or a forward.

Not really a creative midfielder.

One of them would be a dream.  But the player we buy needs to be a beast.  January window will be a tough one for the kind of quality player we need there.

Unless we get that Elneny, but i dont know if he's good enough really :/

18 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

The context for suggesting Marquis was that, despite us desperately needing another striker, there seems to be an unwillingness to splash out in the January window and there is a perceived difficulty attracting strikers to play second fiddle behind Vardy.  Marquis is in a great form, a proven goalscorer (20 goals this season already), and while it would be a gamble (just as Vardy once was) he would be a far less costly gamble than Musa or Slimani.  Besides, if there's one thing we should've learned in the last couple of weeks its not to underestimate L1 football, though I fully expect Marquis to be signed to at least a Championship side by the start of next season.  I'm not saying he would be my first choice, but I would expect him to pose more of an attacking threat than the strikers we currently have on the bench.  Hell, even an in-form non-league striker would probably be more of an attacking threat than Iheanacho at the moment.