Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

31 minutes ago, dhermon said:

Giuseppe Rossi - Worthy of a shot ?!?!?!

I mentioned this yesterday. Get rid of Okazaki and then give Rossi a short term deal. He's always scored goals but has had injury problems, as a backup striker he could be useful though here and there.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I mentioned this yesterday. Get rid of Okazaki and then give Rossi a short term deal. He's always scored goals but has had injury problems, as a backup striker he could be useful though here and there.

In the last 5 years he's scored 27 goals, with his total annual appearances dwindling to single digits each passing year. I'll take a pass.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

In the last 5 years he's scored 27 goals, with his total annual appearances dwindling to single digits each passing year. I'll take a pass.

Yeah, he's very unreliable in terms of fitness. Would simply have to be a shirt term deal.

You know if he’d come and I know he’s 31 Fellaini would do a real job for us. He’s played DM at Man U under Moyes But was an attacking midfielder at Everton and later on at Man U played as an attacking midfielder. I genuinely wonder if he would be a great utility player for us for the next 2-3 years but could certainly step in this season. Available for about 14 million....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You know if he’d come and I know he’s 31 Fellaini would do a real job for us. He’s played DM at Man U under Moyes But was an attacking midfielder at Everton and later on at Man U played as an attacking midfielder. I genuinely wonder if he would be a great utility player for us for the next 2-3 years but could certainly step in this season. Available for about 14 million....

Last summer I liked the idea of fellaini with vardy as a combo, imagine the chaos. 

24 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Good shouts. I'd take both Fellaini and Moses; providing they both have desire and want the move.

Moses is being courted by Fernerbache and Cardiff. I'd say we could persuade him over those two. 

Fellaini is unlikely. He'll end up back in Europe I reckon. But he would absolutely be a great player for us with his ability in the air if he's getting on the end of crosses from Chilly, Albrighton and others. 

Yohan Cabaye is now a free agent.
Could help replacing Iborra/Silva (?) as a cheap short-term solution.
More able going forward than Mendy and Ndidi.
Made his debut at Lille under Puel and was a key player in his team for 4 years.

Gelson Martins is available from At Madrid. We were definitely after him before, but the whole sporting situation ruined that.

They're looking to offload Kalinic as well... now I know he's not exactly a world beater but there's your plan B right there for getting on the end of crosses!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Don’t think I would mind us giving a shot to Chicharito personally. Natural finisher something we don’t really have in our strikeforce.

He's apparently OK to go to Valencia but WH doesn't want to sell him.

15 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Don’t think I would mind us giving a shot to Chicharito personally. Natural finisher something we don’t really have in our strikeforce.

Iheanacho is actually a natural finisher (only quality he has!) but there is no point having him or Chicharito if Puel insists on a lone striker and playing a system that leaves them so isolated. We need a big no.9 who can get on the end of these numerous crosses we launch into the box when we can't break teams down in this system which Puel refuses to change/adapt.

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Iheanacho is actually a natural finisher (only quality he has!) but there is no point having him or Chicharito if Puel insists on a lone striker and playing a system that leaves them so isolated. We need a big no.9 who can get on the end of these numerous crosses we launch into the box when we can't break teams down in this system which Puel refuses to change/adapt.

Nacho can make quality passes in the final 3rd aswell when he gets the chance.

You might scoff at this but i've seen it for us, I swear!

43 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Gelson Martins is available from At Madrid. We were definitely after him before, but the whole sporting situation ruined that.

They're looking to offload Kalinic as well... now I know he's not exactly a world beater but there's your plan B right there for getting on the end of crosses!

Was just coming on here to mention Gelson Martins. He'd be an unreal signing. Loan with a view to a permanent deal please.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was just coming on here to mention Gelson Martins. He'd be an unreal signing. Loan with a view to a permanent deal please.

Yeah just one that sticks out, crazy that they're offloading those two to pay for Morata!! 

I wouldn't scoff at Kalinic either short term, his last Prem stint was his first outside of Croatia and he's done the business everywhere since then.

Edited by AjcW