Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Who do you want January 2019

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Would be my number 1 choice if there was any chance but would the fee be insane?

I think £40 million which is probably out of our reach if the rumours of tightening our belt due to stadium expansion and training complex. Loan deal probably most likely for us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Don't go upsetting @Babylon now. Average player according to him. Wish we had only loaned him out myself and we could now be reaping the benefits of his quality.

Haha. He’s exactly what we need right now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rigga said:

Nearly every player/striker has a price... so rubbish to say there are non available..

That wasn't my point at all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I'd happily spend 30-40m on him.

Yeah me too. Real quality player and seems to have great attitude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I'd happily spend 30-40m on him.

Me too but just think if he does come available, it will be at the wrong time for us in terms of what we are given budget wise to spend in this window. Just feels like we will see a tightening of the purse strings now, due to our investment in the infrastructure and also our recent expensive flops. 

 

I do think he has a huge future ahead of him in terms of being a top Prem midfielder though, so I would be going all out to sign him if he is for sale in this window. I imagine there would be a lot of competition though with teams like Everton, West Ham and co. all willing to spend big on him and able to match us wage wise. Still, not that far of a stretch to think he would join us, a team currently 7th and with a young exciting squad emerging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be a long shout, especially for January.

 

With Wolves trying to buy another striker, it may mean that Raul Jimenez (who is on loan from Benfica) isn't their long term plan. They might not actually buy him in the summer or will try and buy other strikers and him. Either way, he might be attainable in six months. I'd very much like him here. He's great at holding the ball up and is proven in this league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we will add anyone this window for a variety of reasons, that said if we get the summer window right next season we have a real chance to progress.

 

The defence won't need touching at all with the emergence of Benk and Soyuncu. Unless we need to look outside of the academy to replace Fuchs. That means our whole budget can go on signing exciting attacking players, a centre mid, a proper mahrez replacement and another winger on top of that and a striker. It would be lovely to go to a game thinking we have players who can be exciting again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching that Sunderland documentary on Netflix and they've got a young lad who looks like he could do a real job for us. Surprised no one's mentioned him before? @Col city fan

 

 

IMG_8852.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Foxboy said:

No forwards are available in January though really. No one is looking to sell their best goal scorers.

There must be someone, after all, we would sell Nacho for £2.50 (plus VAT of course) we must be able to find a mug team somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spicer said:

This may be a long shout, especially for January.

 

With Wolves trying to buy another striker, it may mean that Raul Jimenez (who is on loan from Benfica) isn't their long term plan. They might not actually buy him in the summer or will try and buy other strikers and him. Either way, he might be attainable in six months. I'd very much like him here. He's great at holding the ball up and is proven in this league.

Seem to recall we looked at him when we got promoted but opted for Ulloa as he didn't want to know. Would be a good shout but can't see it myself

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Watching that Sunderland documentary on Netflix and they've got a young lad who looks like he could do a real job for us. Surprised no one's mentioned him before? @Col city fan

 

 

IMG_8852.JPG

What’s that documentary like? lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

What’s that documentary like? lol 

Documentary?  I thought it was a comedy! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, matty98 said:

Victor Moses Apparently available for £12 million. We're lacking a winger that knows how to use his pace.

Be a great signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Better than our entire strikeforce bar Vardy but @Babylon wouldnt touch him....

You really are quite strange aren't you.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Don't go upsetting @Babylon now. Average player according to him. Wish we had only loaned him out myself and we could now be reaping the benefits of his quality.

Yes he's an average top level striker and he's done little to prove otherwise. Currently 13 people outscoring him in the Bundesliga. 

 

Goes through huge spells of not scoring. 23 games without a goal at one point last season. Conincidently I don't remember anyone tagging me in when he hadn't scored for months on end then... wonder why.

 

28 in the summer and still not managed to beat Okazaki's 15 Bundesliga goals In a season. You'll notice it's a tad easier to return good numbers over there.

 

Would he be better than Okazaki and Iheanacho, yes because they aren't even currently average top level strikers. Doesn't mean he's the second coming of Christ like people make out on here. He is what he's always been, talented but with flaws.

 

And Maddison for the record is one goal off his goals and assists in the league this season, playing his first season in top flight football at the age of 22. So I'd rather stick with the talented kid we have than spend money on someone who doesn't even play as a 9 for his team most of the time.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Yes he's an average top level striker and he's done little to prove otherwise. Currently 13 people outscoring him in the Bundesliga. 

 

Goes through huge spells of not scoring. 23 games without a goal at one point last season. Conincidently I don't remember anyone tagging me in when he hadn't scored for months on end then... wonder why.

 

28 in the summer and still not managed to beat Okazaki's 15 Bundesliga goals In a season. You'll notice it's a tad easier to return good numbers over there.

 

Would he be better than Okazaki and Iheanacho, yes because they aren't even currently average top level strikers. Doesn't mean he's the second coming of Christ like people make out on here. He is what he's always been, talented but with flaws.

 

And Maddison for the record is one goal off his goals and assists in the league this season, playing his first season in top flight football at the age of 22. So I'd rather stick with the talented kid we have than spend money on someone who doesn't even play as a 9 for his team most of the time.

Well reasoned reply but I think sometimes it can be better to judge what you see with your eyes rather than over analyse every available stat.

 

Edited by Blue Fox 72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...