urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He gets into some great advanced positions, which in itself is a great skill, but rarely does he create an opportunity for either himself or his teammates. His goals and assists tally are below where they should be. That's not to say he can't improve this area of his game. He's got time on his side.

the ‘ David Pleat years’ alone mean he wouldn’t get into any 11 of my most frustrating players. Wouldn’t even make the bench. 

You have to consider his age, yes, but also the opposition- he is playing against world class players which can not be said for ANYONE who played for Pleat at Leicester- yet they STILL couldn’t string 2 passes together for the most part..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

the ‘ David Pleat years’ alone mean he wouldn’t get into any 11 of my most frustrating players. Wouldn’t even make the bench. 

You have to consider his age, yes, but also the opposition- he is playing against world class players which can not be said for ANYONE who played for Pleat at Leicester- yet they STILL couldn’t string 2 passes together for the most part..

I said I find him perplexing, not frustrating (although there is an element of frustration). He's so good at carrying the ball forward, then...........nothing. It's because he's so talented that I expect more. That Pleat team was so bobbins, with the exception of Gary Mac, that I didn't expect anything more of them.

Perhaps he’ll be staying, looks like City are facing a two window ban like Chelsea.

hmm that would keep the inflation rate down for a couple of years... BUY BUY BUY!  :)

4 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Perhaps he’ll be staying, looks like City are facing a two window ban like Chelsea.

Ehh, this has often been threatened before and failed to materialise, and there's a good chance that they can repeal the ban for a window anyway if they do get hit.

58 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Even if they do, they will appeal which will mean any ban won't come into effect until next Janaury so they would be more likely to buy up players this summer. Both teams would do this.

If a top club wants him they will get him. He's looked good this season but his final ball is more often than not very poor.

Edited by reynard

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Seems to suggest there about mahrez being involved in a trade :o

I think they mean if they bid 60m for Mahrez, then they could quite easily get Chilwell if the bidding goes big

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

We have to let him go for £60m, it would be criminal not to. 

I agree, but if - as seems more than likely - Man City receive a similar ban to Chelsea, who will buy? I'm sure he will still be here next season to be part of the 'Brendan Rodgers Project'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oxford blue said:

I agree, but if - as seems more than likely - Man City receive a similar ban to Chelsea, who will buy? I'm sure he will still be here next season to be part of the 'Brendan Rodgers Project

Good point

4 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Still not the finished article yet, i doubt man city would pay 60m for a work in progress? 

It’s not why they’d be buying him, it’s his potential of how much better he could become, a current England international no less. With the threat of a ban, even if they delay the ban this would only further inflate what we’d try and get. We don’t need to sell. 

Plus they have now seen the emergence of zinchenko who is developing into a good deputy for Mendy at left back (not natural position). This guy was being shipped out but within the last week it is reported they’ll be offering him a new deal. 

At at present this seems less likely, Mendy likely back for the start of next season too. 

On 15/03/2019 at 23:43, lcfc sheff said:

Seems to suggest there about mahrez being involved in a trade :o

It does?   I read it as saying if the fee is large enough then we will sell (as proven by the mahrez deal) 

riyad will not come back 

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It does?   I read it as saying if the fee is large enough then we will sell (as proven by the mahrez deal) 

riyad will not come back 

I’ve heard different and posted this a couple of weeks ago.

On 18/03/2019 at 21:12, splinterdream said:

I’ve heard different and posted this a couple of weeks ago.

I've been his biggest critic on the basis of his antics in forcing a move.

That being said trading Chilwell for Mahrez is a no-brainer. Chilwell is excellent and I want him at the club, but Mahrez is capable of winning games single handedly.

It won't happen, mind. I can't see why Mahrez would ever want to come back; he's on the cusp of winning 4 cups and getting paid more than he can ever earn here.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Some bloke on the net reporting this as a done deal for the summer lol

Yeah seen a bloke on twitter this morning saying deal done we have a replacement lined up. Source is a nobody to be fair 

If Man City want to pay silly money for Chilwell i would snap there hand off. Plenty of other LBs out there we could get and have change left over.

Wouldn't even blame him for going.

Logically though for me would be for him to stay and keep playing every game and cement that England place. He is far from guaranteeing that position. Unless it goes back to the usual 'if you play for Top 6 you play for England'

We would go straight in for Tierney who would jump at the chance of playing for Brendan I'm sure

9 minutes ago, StevieB said:

Yeah seen a bloke on twitter this morning saying deal done we have a replacement lined up. Source is a nobody to be fair 

Yes - this chap Harneet Singh Sethi (with 611followers) states he has been told by his sources claiming LCFC are not happy about something? 

• Like 1

I agree with others that the sums being talked about are ludicrous for a player who isn’t the finished article. He’s still defensively suspect sometimes and has no final ball. He might never learn this - despite his obvious potential. 

With all these things it all depends who we get as a replacement.Fuchs will be going in the summer and, if Chilwell goes as well, we have no left back.

I’ve heard a lot about Tierney, but never seen him play myself - but his FIFA 19 potential is slightly better than Chilwell’s, which surely is good enough for anyone? 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Confused 1

Yeah at the end of the day as great as he is (and as great as he can be) 75m is ****ing ludicrous.

Should be able to get a reasonable replacement, Tielemans and have a good amount of change with that sort of money.