Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

It's a tough one. I do like the emphasis on bringing through youngsters and looking to transition our style but it's hard to argue we are looking less and less dangerous every week.

I'd be inclined to give one more transfer window. A central midfielder and a quality Wideman would make a big difference. Not sure if he sees that though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

We’ve been crawling through the season so far scraping wins with scrappy performances. Puel is squeezing the life out of us and he isn’t right for the club. His visions and his style do not work. 

Good post. At least we need the excitement of someone new, because at the monent supporting LCFC is like drawing teeth.

I'm behind certain aspects of what he's trying ..... Possession style and young players, however everything else is so boring, predictable and uninspiring. He needed time, but I think we now need to see some signs of improvement and we aren't, so I've now switched to wanting him moved on now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smr said:

after watching our last few games i've pretty much come to the conclusion that our players simply aren't made for the style of football puel wants.

in other words, the players aren't playing to their own strengths, but trying to play to puel's. So it's not working.

I think we need to go back to basics and do away with all this passing and keeping the ball, just get counter attacking a lot more and have a ****ing shot on goal.

This is spot on for me. Claudio tried the exact same thing in his second season here and was booted for it so I don't see why Claude Solent too. 

• Like 1

Anyone who actually watches the games and doesn’t just look at the stats/league table saw this coming a mile off. Same crap every week and today is no different. 

The players look like they’ve given up, the fans have given up. The atmosphere is so flat. And that’s all down to Puel. He’s a boring tw** who was a cheap option last year. He’s done nothing other than bore the pants off everyone each week. My god even Sam Allardyce would produce something more interesting to watch! 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If he's sacked please get someone good like Leonardo Jardim. Can carry on the youth project but also produces consistent decent results at his clubs.

Saying that, we have so many bang average players who knows if that would be possible.

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Only thing I would say is it's gonna be truly unbearable listening to the 'I told you so's when it doesn't work out under a different manager. 

But that's a valid point, potentially.

If we are going to change, we need to continue with the philosophy the club clearly now wants to implement.

That does not mean bringing in an Allardyce or Moyes.

3 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

But he’s happy with the playing squad.

FVCK ME.

He's obviously not though. Does noone on this forum understand the basics of interviews around potential transfers? Managers and players lie all the time to get the best deals.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Just not good enough. We are in regression. Puel has had over a year and cannot even get the team to have pride in their performance.

The players also need to take a long hard look at themselves 

Thank you. 

Has been on borrowed time for months on end ffs.

This guy is not for us, never has been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1