Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

I've been Puel In since the beginning of the season. I've doubted him since September, but it is important to back the manager and counterproductive to cry for the sack with every loss. There've been flashes of good in with the dull, after all.

It gives me no pleasure to say this, but his is just one insufficient result, one spineless performance too many.

I do pity the guy. The squad he has to play with is unbalanced, but as manager he has to take responsibility and 17 games in patterns are emerging. Pointedly refusing to buy a striker in Jan shows how tactically clueless he can. Even without the players, someone like Poch or Pep can make bad players better, help uncertain players adapt into the system. Puel's system changes every week, and has only succeeded in making good players bad. He also seems unable to inspire his team during a game.

In a year, he's lost out on an unusually straightforward 7th place finish with European football, and 1/3 of the way into this season he has plunged the City into the bottom half of the table. Looking at the run of games through December and January, with Puel in charge we're only going to drop further. 

The sacking of Puel is now an inevitability. I now just hope it is done as soon and painlessly as possible. Let's get a fresh new manager in time to mop up in the transfer window and energise the club going into 2019.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirFox said:

I've been Puel In since the beginning of the season. I've doubted him since September, but it is important to back the manager and counterproductive to cry for the sack with every loss. There've been flashes of good in with the dull, after all.

It gives me no pleasure to say this, but his is just one insufficient result, one spineless performance too many.

I do pity the guy. The squad he has to play with is unbalanced, but as manager he has to take responsibility and 17 games in patterns are emerging. Pointedly refusing to buy a striker in Jan shows how tactically clueless he can. Even without the players, someone like Poch or Pep can make bad players better, help uncertain players adapt into the system. Puel's system changes every week, and has only succeeded in making good players bad. He also seems unable to inspire his team during a game.

In a year, he's lost out on an unusually straightforward 7th place finish with European football, and 1/3 of the way into this season he has plunged the City into the bottom half of the table. Looking at the run of games through December and January, with Puel in charge we're only going to drop further. 

The sacking of Puel is now an inevitability. I now just hope it is done as soon and painlessly as possible. Let's get a fresh new manager in time to mop up in the transfer window and energise the club going into 2019.

Yeah I agree with this, I can see his inability to inspire players in and out of the games. But sacking him now could be a bad decision. 

It wasn’t great to watch today, we seem very predictable and slow when attacking. Not sure he has the mentality to get the best out what we have. He seems a very stubborn with his team selection and tactics even though we don’t have the right players for it. 

To many players seem off the pace and we lack any creativity it pains me to say it but he has to go now.

9 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Lacked intensiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lacked qualiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Goodness - when i made a similiar comment I got ripped to shreds on here (thanks)

When I pointed out that we rarely beat London clubs I got ripped to shreds (thanks)

When I have pointed out, in my opinion, that Puelball  is not the right way forward for our wonderful club I am set upon by hordes of rabid jackels, snarling and knashing in protection of their Messiah. I allow them their opinion (misguided as it is) but am not allowed mine.

THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

PUEL OUT.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

He's been absolutely gash in Belgium's second division, why would we want Pearson back? If Puel is to be sacked, why not be ambitious?

Pearson would get more commitment and application from a group of very good players, particularly our younger players.

I don’t think our squad respect Puel.  There is no fight in this team.  We’ve just rolled over against Crystal ****ing Palace.  It’s a joke.

From recruitment to recovery, and everything in between, Pearson would bring back so much more to LCFC than Puel.

I'd rather watch an Allardyce team than that, I really would. He's the next most defensive manager to Puel available at the moment, and at least you know you'd get a bit of heart with the performance and some shithousing to boot.

This is joyless, attackless and pointless football and I don't think I can continue spending my money on this shite.

• Like 2

Just now, SirFox said:

I  agree, but the January window is never easy. We are certainly not going to be relegated, so imo we should wait until the summer, and allow a new manager to pick the players he really wants.

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

The way he deals with them is the thing that changes.

People thought we would improve when ranieri and shakespeare were sacked. Yet here we are, same problems. Same people want a new manager to begin the whole process again. I wonder if we would get a hoofing coach or another passing one, and how long they will last? 

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

With everything that has happened this season, do people not understand how that impact people mentally.

If we’re safe, we’ve done okay. We don’t have the players for this style, however, we’re in evolution,

Additionally, I can’t see us sacking him. 

This is true but noone can deny the recent perfomances have been nothing short of terrible.

I would classify the following games as terrible

Palace Away

Fulham away

Brighton away

Spurs at home

Southampton at home in the cup  (we've made it throught the last 2 rounds without scoring a goal)

West Ham at home  (saved by a very lucky deflection to get a point against ten men)

I would classify the following games as acceptable given the circumstances

Cardiff away

Burnley at home

the following performance as below average

Everton at home

The following as decent

Arsenal away (1st half only)

Watford at home (they were very wasteful though)

Overall entertainment somehere around 3 out of 10

As longs as we survive I think Puel will be safe but despite millions invested we really don't appear to be shoiwng any real improvement.

• Like 1

Just now, ozvaldo said:

Pearson would get more commitment and application from a group of very good players, particularly our younger players.

I don’t think our squad respect Puel.  There is no fight in this team.  We’ve just rolled over against Crystal ****ing Palace.  It’s a joke.

From recruitment to recovery, and everything in between, Pearson would bring back so much more to LCFC than Puel.

He has Leuven in the relegation zone, where is their commitment then. Sorry but without Shakespeare and Walsh he may as well retire.