Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

Needs to go, hope we are looking at managerial targets, I would take Rafa personally, he is doing the best he can with very limited resources at Newcastle, with more funds with us and better players we would be fairing better than Puel right now.

13 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

We have a good squad. We can’t even register all players to play the league. 

There's a huge difference between having a big squad and a good squad. What we've got is a big squad that's somehow still threadbare in every position, with loads of players on far too much offering far too little. That's a result of several years of abysmal recruitment and goes well above the manager

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I  agree, but the January window is never easy. We are certainly not going to be relegated, so imo we should wait until the summer, and allow a new manager to pick the players he really wants.

My concern is the summer transfer window.

We're safe for sure, but people are already chasing after Maguire and Chilwell, and the Big 6 will no doubt be on the hunt for Maddison too.

If we do end up with a 12-15th place finish, I worry the young talent will be looking to leave just as the likes of Vardy, Morgan and Evans are beginning to be past their best. The squad may well end up being decimated, and then whoever we appoint will have it way harder next season.

If both the players and Puel know his days are numbered, the motivation to get results just won't be there. A new manager and renewed efforts for a top 7/8 finish would make it way more likely for them to stay. Then recruiting on top of that, next season could be something special. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smr said:

it's clear to me that if it was totally up to him he'd want us to pass it around on the floor and basically play like man city, i have no doubt about that from what i've heard from him. But the problem is we don't have the players who can play like that, some of the passing accuracy is abysmal, so it'll never work, unless we ship out most of the players and buy ones who can pass it to feet quickly, whilst attacking at the same time.

we just dont have the quality to do that, and i think we're now stuck in no man's land because he's trained the players to be this way, and trained it out of them what they are good at, the net result being that we look clumsy and awkward to watch. the players look confused, the system is confused. 

Pretty much this. Our interplay between our front 4 is awful and our midfield two slow the game down too much to get us going. Hence we just keep passing the ball back to our centre backs instead of moving it forwards. 

This result wasn’t as bad as the last time we were here but it’s hardly progression. 

On current form Puel will probably be here till the summer but likely changed then. 

Can't see any points from the next couple of matches. Will make his position untenable imo. 

The team seem devoid of creativity and puels approach is slow sideways passing then lobbing the ball in with 4 defenders and 1 striker. 

Added to that lack of decent striking options. 

There's a distinct lack of hunger from the players and overall, lack of quality.

Puel is driving me mad...we could play for a week and not create a decent chance when the other team have 10 men behind the ball and a month before we might (possibly) score!!!

He has to see that we are better when we move the ball forward quickly and catch the opposition on the backfoot.

The 1 decent chance we created today for Vardy came from quick incisive passing....not letting the other team get all their men back?!!!

If he insists on this style of drab boring football that is getting us nowhere then I'm out. You'd need to spend circa £300 million on players like Hazard, Neymar, Messi, Aguero and co to have any chance and our lot aren't even on the same planet footballing wise to those names I've just listed.

If Puel has an ounce of dignity about him unless he's willing to change our style of play or he's convinced that it will eventually work.....leave now. It's the least the club deserves after recent turmoil.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue'nWhiteFox said:

How do you define our problems?

I still think we have a power struggle within the club between the title winners and our managers. We have a lot of very one dimensional players that are not able to play how Puel wants, but we are unable to ship them out due to big contracts or have to play them because of injuries and shitty transfers. Sacking managers every season means we have a squad of players that are suited for different styles - Puel doesnt seem to rate many of the signings Ranieri or Shakespeare made. The next manager probably wont rate the signings Puel made etc.

Just think it could do more harm than good but what do I know. This team will play well whenever they want.

• Like 1

Look I will always admire Puel for the way he handled the tragedy and how he has brought young players through into our squad. 

But if there’s a better option out there, we should probably take it... the problem is, there doesn’t seem to be, so what the feck do we do?

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1