Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Man City 1-1 (1-3 on penalties) post match bickering

A loss is always more annoying when it's totally in your hands that you could have done something different.

Those penalties were utterly shite. Some of the worst. That fvcking stutter in the run-up is disgustingly bad. Never liked it.

Maddison and Soyuncu need to give their heads a wobble. Fair play for stepping up (defenders or not, doesn't bother me if you have the confidence to take one). But never been a fan of the stutter or not getting it on target (Fuchs, Sterling lol). Some penalties were ridiculously weak. 

Very frustrating!!!

• Like 2

The players selected did extremely well. Maybe we win with a strongest team, maybe we don't. 

The penalties were pathetic.

Can anyone offer a logical reason as to why Soyuncu takes a penalty ahead of Albrighton or Gray?

It probably doesn't solve our issue of getting the ball quicker to our attacking players but Hamza probably deserves a start over either Wilf or Mendy.

At least we might win it higher up the pitch, or get the crowd involved by crunching into a tackle.

Am normally critical of Gray, but thought he was good tonight as well 

Edited by martyn

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Season is dead, please sack this clueless **** and bring someone capable of making me excited to watch my team in again. 

Thought we were actually pretty exciting in the second half. Agree with the sentiment to some degree - why he thinks we can play so cautiously and somehow succeed against City when we couldn't even do it against Palace is beyond me - but he changed it around in the second and we played well. More to the point, that's twice in the same round of the same cup against the same team at the same venue where you would probably have backed our full strength team to get a result without pens. Weird decision not to take that chance. 

We nearly jammied into the semis. A lot better than the murdering I was expecting. Still not sure if I really saw Ndidi play that over the top ball to Albrighton... After all his giveaways he does that!?! Play Hamza more Puel, kid got heart and some flippin intensity.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Great second half performance let down by some of the worst penalties you’ll ever see.

Another situation we come away thinking ‘missed opportunity’ which is quickly becoming synonymous with Puels reign. 

Spot on. Alas.

Just highlights for me IF we had a competent plan b to Vardy we would be so much more competitive. It's becoming embarrassing now. I appreciate we paid a shed load for him which is the only reason we persist but we have to consider the teams league and future cup potential over 1 young man's confidence. Bang him out on loan and look to offload in summer. We should raid the loan market in Jan to plug this gap. 

Was expecting a 3 nil rout, first half was awful, Puel showed some management capability and made some decisive changes In the second half, so he should get some credit.  I hope he learns from today, however this was a opportunity lost, if we played our strongest 11, I believe we could have won that

• Like 1

Played pretty well against Man City though, could've nicked a winner. Choudhury & Fuchs were superb, Gray, Maguire & Simmo to a lesser extent did well and of course Albrighton scored a beauty. Not sure about Iborra, he's like a knock off Matic and doesn't look like he's 100% arsed

Terrible pens, missed opportunity and all that. Both teams selected secondary players but they also had de Bruyne, Aguero & Mahrez(all world class). The Cups arent over yet

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Right so, we did well to get back into the game, we actually gave it a go albeit with little quality I have to say, until perhaps the changes were made.

Onto the penalties, they were awful, awful penalties.

Those 2 things i'm gonna credit the first part and not blame Puel for the second part, I can't, not his fault they were shocking penos.

However Puel does need holding accountable for the starting line up. A stronger line up and we'd have won that, it was pretty much exactly like last season, did he learn absolutely nothing from that?

Did Puel ever learn anything from any of his mistakes? 

• Like 1

Valiant effort in the second half, still cant seem to take the front foot in a game, bad orgonisation yet again. Subs came on and made it competitive. Strange game really, doggo first half as usual then some glimpses of urgency (not huge amounts of quality) in the second. Feel sorry a bit for Puel, cant seem to get anything right or anything go his way! But he is responsible at the end of the day! Hamza looked good

• Like 1