Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Man City 1-1 (1-3 on penalties) post match bickering

Just now, sishades said:

I so fecking hate stutters in penalty run ups. Its shite. Its always been shite so dont fecking do it.Do it again and you should be sacked and thrown onto an ant hill covered in jame. A wonderful opportunity thrown away, . I will never understand the thinking behind resting players in a QF and teams at the bottom of the league.  Gutted big time.

We had nobody to rest...that has shown they are automatic choice....so let's forget ,better players not selected.!!!

Just now, Isle of Wight Fox said:

Maybe I’m a bit old school but stuttering run-ups? Three defenders taking pens?

I think the stutter is something for the very experienced offensive players to do, if ever. I can name only a couple of players who do them well. It baffles me Soyuncu did this... I don't know if it's more careless or arrogant. Something you could try at the training ground to impress your mates but not during cup quarterfinal shootout. Even Mahrez is awful at them as we all remember.... argh, it does my head in

Strange/poor starting line up

Ghezzal is sh***, to think some thought after a goal against Fleetwood he was a decent Mahrez replacement lol

Kelechi... and N'Didi… what the hell has happened to them? Iheanacho can't actually play football anymore and N'Didi is trying to become something he is not, which is a 10 yard sideways passer/playmaker. Both massively lacking in confidence, although cheering when he is subbed really helps... grow the f*** up.

All in all, another pathetic first half, in which it takes us going 1-0 to actually wake up.

We need a change

The buck stops with the manager. Sorry for all those who want to find excuses, but that is the simple truth...

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1

Iheanacho is about as much use as a chocolate tea cup.

And some of those penalties we're absolutely woeful. Especially Maddison and Soyuncu, the wind could of blew it towards goal quicker

Pick your spot, run up and put your foot through it, like you ****ing mean it. 

Having said that i didn't give us a chance during the 90 minutes but we battled back, the performance was decent. Let's not forget that.

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Last thing - I'm 22, been a STH since 7, so havent seen as many as lots of posters on here, but I think iheanacho is the worst striker I've ever seen put the shirt on for us 

Indeed ........ you will be amazed to find out that we have had plenty worse ........... you were alive when akinbadbuy was here ..... he was expensive too! 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Posters are embarrassing themselves and the ones who are being sarcastic are merely adding fuel to the fire because the staunch ‘outers’ wont get it 

That’s not how it works Matt though, is it ........ u keep it tight and then make the changes later on to get something from the game. Man City have dropped a handful of points ..... we needed to be clever to get a result 

Because he scored in the last shoot out ?

Wait...what? lol

So you're saying football managers should always pick the crappest line-up possible because that's clever? lol

Ahahahaha the stupidity of posters on here never ceases to amaze me.

11 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

It wasn't really, we just finally put a bit of effort in. I can't think of a shot on target apart from the goal, certainly it was our only decent chance. Man City played with the handbrake on for 70 minutes.

Had we started with Albrighton, Maddison and Vardy (who I very much doubt is actually injured, I'm sure he'll play against Chelsea) then we would have won that game. You cannot praise the manager for making changes when surely it was common sense to start with these players if you had any intention to win the game. I never understood that, people lauding a manager for his substitutions as if somebody else picked the wrong starting 11 and it was out of his control.

Just another dull performance but, since that doesn't seem to matter to anyone and it's all about results, then the most important fact is we didn't get the result we needed to progress. People defend Puel when we play poorly and grind out a result though deflected goals, own goals, playing against 10 men, scoring with our only shot on target and going through in a penalty shootout after a bore-draw (all of which have happened more than once this season) so on this occassion those same people should be consistent and just accept that we lost the tie.

If however, you are one of those that thinks performances will be reflected in the results in the long term, that wasn't an encouraging one. I don't think we've been involved in a decent match all season.

B87F078E-EF17-4772-B570-CCF28C06202D.jpeg

;) 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'm really starting to dislike this current Leicester team. The arrogance and lack of respect shown to their young keeper was embarassing and inexcusable. That was an absolute joke as was our 1st half performance. We played better 2nd half but let's not kid ourselves that city never got out of 2nd gear and dropped into 1st gear 2nd half. While I'm still not sure about Puel, I'm also very unsure about a large proportion of our playing squad! 

The penalties were dreadful and you would have thought that we would know better after last year.

There is obvious room for improvement with regards to the playing squad but you have to admit that the manager sets the tone or ethos of the squad. You only have to look to Mourinho's tenure at Man U to see that different managers get different things out of their players - Pogba was immense for Juve and France but under Mourinho looked like nothing more than a ridiculously overpriced and overconfident Ndidi. 

I don't know what it is, but it seems to me like Puel doesn't really bring any competitive edge to the squad. I'm not sure if his attitude is right or if he is able to communicate effectively with the players. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MattP said:

We did, but what a great shame the desire to win in the last 30 wasn't replicated in the first 30.

Had we done we'd probably be in the semi finals now.

We didnt start the game badly though. Games have their stages.

I thought our goal was a great moment and we deserved to get to the shootout

Shootout was a mess but they are 50 50 anyway

People said at the start we wouldnt compete and we'd be flattened. We were in the game to win it at the end, this should be a moment where people acknowledge Puel is better than he gets credit for.

We played well today

Proud of us, until the penos!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

when you take your only recognized striker off the pitch when you are at home, it’s 1-1, it’s a cup quarter final and  you have 8 minutes left then you are asking for trouble... and when 3 of the 4 penalty takers are defenders...  we can’t expect it to end well...

8 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

We nearly jammied into the semis. A lot better than the murdering I was expecting. Still not sure if I really saw Ndidi play that over the top ball to Albrighton... After all his giveaways he does that!?! Play Hamza more Puel, kid got heart and some flippin intensity.

We all know that wont happen, how many times has a player come into the team, have a good game, then gets dropped for the next one

Reasonable game by us, especially when the subs came on. Its hard to watch nacho at present, he looks devoid of any confidence and needs something to get him back up to scratch as he definitely has ability. We still have the same issues as always but we looked good when we pressed. 2/3 players from a great squad. Penos are a lottery so not too fussed about them

Just got back to car. ****in fumjng about them penalties. What happened to taking them properly. Power and accuracy. None of this stuttering bollocks. Played bloody well to get back in the game as well. 

Hamza motm. 

But so ****ing annoyed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

The players selected did extremely well. Maybe we win with a strongest team, maybe we don't. 

The penalties were pathetic.

Can anyone offer a logical reason as to why Soyuncu takes a penalty ahead of Albrighton or Gray?

For penalties i always assumed it was those who were willing to step up and take them and not a choice by the manager? Tbf Soyuncu's penalty last time was pretty good so wasnt surprised when he stepped up again tonight.

Agree with all those above not liking the staggering before the kick. Me personally i like the player to just take a run up and twat it in the top corner :S 

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

People saying we should have started our strongest 11 but apart from Pereira and Albrighton wasn't it already as strong as it could be? Maddison isn't doing much at present, Fuchs played well for the injured Chilwell, Vardy was injured. No one rates Morgan on this forum, Simpson played well and Hamza was MOTM so not sure who could have made us better?

Do you think even half of those players will start on Saturday?

I'm sure that's not the case. Whether you think it's our strongest line-up or not, the manager doesn't. The manager picked what he felt was a weaker team and that is pretty damn insulting to the fans, not to mention Top, since Puel said he wanted to win this competition for his father.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1