Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mo-rima

Hamza

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a defensive midfielder, name me a defensive midfielder who's reached the top who doesn't feature near the top of tackling stats. You can read the game all you want but in midfield tackles have to be made, see N'Golo Kante.

How often do you see Kante sliding in though? Same with N'didi ?

 

Sliding is an art, something Hamza is great at but with football the way it is now, even if you get the ball you can still see red. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still sad for him about last night - just went horribly wrong. If we are honest, in most people's cases what they love about Hamza is how he does commit to those sliding tackles. He just completely wholeheartedly goes for it. When it works it can be spectacular. When it doesn't it can be a disaster. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Still sad for him about last night - just went horribly wrong. If we are honest, in most people's cases what they love about Hamza is how he does commit to those sliding tackles. He just completely wholeheartedly goes for it. When it works it can be spectacular. When it doesn't it can be a disaster. 

Take the bias out of it..

He Ballard that up,ruining his decent game..& it lost England the game...

Because neither The coach nor the team had a plan B...

But ..Foden .Madison,and Choudry looked good....Barnes would of given England a frontfoot-get Out.

The own goal defender..was bad all night...Solanki ...misfired again!!

Though let's be fair this was U21,they can all expand  their potential...

IMO Gray,was asked to play too defensively....England again don't know how to use their pacey-techies....

Maybe I see it wrong .:dunno:

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

How often do you see Kante sliding in though? Same with N'didi ?

 

Sliding is an art, something Hamza is great at but with football the way it is now, even if you get the ball you can still see red. 

Very true, I suppose it all depends on his timing. This is his first really poor tackle, the rest have been executed perfectly and have left everyone in awe. Is it worth doing if there's a chance of seeing red a few times a season? Proof will be in the next season or so, if it happens again then I think his game will be modified. Right now though, it's a huge asset if he carries on the way he has for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He might not just be a DM, will be interesting to see how he does under Rodgers in the next year or two.

This is what I think too. He has a terrific engine on him and to me seems more like a box-to-box midfielder. Problem for him is that our starting midfield 3 are so good in specific areas. It's basically impossible to be a better destroyer than Ndidi, impossible to be a better all round midfielder who runs the game than Tielemans and impossible to be a better out and out creator than Maddison. Where I think he could shine is as midfielder in a Klopp style system or team like Wijnaldum or Fabinho who runs all day, plays at a high intensity and helps the team press from the front.

 

He did start a number of games at the end of last season so it's clear Rodgers does rate him, and as you say is a player to keep an eye out for tonight. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he gets around the pitch like he's playing a 5 a side game, lots of energy bit like Feliani but with a bit more to his game I think 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is what I think too. He has a terrific engine on him and to me seems more like a box-to-box midfielder. Problem for him is that our starting midfield 3 are so good in specific areas. It's basically impossible to be a better destroyer than Ndidi, impossible to be a better all round midfielder who runs the game than Tielemans and impossible to be a better out and out creator than Maddison. Where I think he could shine is as midfielder in a Klopp style system or team like Wijnaldum or Fabinho who runs all day, plays at a high intensity and helps the team press from the front.

 

He did start a number of games at the end of last season so it's clear Rodgers does rate him, and as you say is a player to keep an eye out for tonight. 

Really have to have European football next year. The only reason Klopp can keep the players that he has is games . Lots of games,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Really have to have European football next year. The only reason Klopp can keep the players that he has is games . Lots of games,

And that is the catch 22 situation or croix  of the matter...

We need a loyal squad of reasonable 

Quality players,so one can realise, then stay in those Euro-positions,but can't invest or overspend until we have.

 

One reason we need players like Mendy,Amartey etc to stay...and still keep and take a gamble on Gray,Nacho,and encouraging players like

Benny,Soyuncu,Justin, to come and play.

We still need to build and develope majority of the time from youth and from within. We are not in the position

to buy 5-6 players in the 

£40+ mill bracket...We need probably

desperately to continue and have a turn around  in the mix bag of wise,lucky,quality ,hold their own type of players..The likes of Vardy ,Maddison,

Ndidi,Chilwell,Albrighton,Barnes  with the added and odd outside top signing of Tielemans.

Until we can confirm Europe,more signings of Tielemans quality will not be easily realised...

 

That said we have seen Mahrez,Chilwell,Vardy, Albrighton,Ndidi then of late Ricardo,Maddison,Maguire cut the Cloth as Top consistent

quality PL-players...

Like the old adhege..

So near..!  yet so far away..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

And that is the catch 22 situation or croix  of the matter...

We need a loyal squad of reasonable 

Quality players,so one can realise, then stay in those Euro-positions,but can't invest or overspend until we have.

 

One reason we need players like Mendy,Amartey etc to stay...and still keep and take a gamble on Gray,Nacho,and encouraging players like

Benny,Soyuncu,Justin, to come and play.

We still need to build and develope majority of the time from youth and from within. We are not in the position

to buy 5-6 players in the 

£40+ mill bracket...We need probably

desperately to continue and have a turn around  in the mix bag of wise,lucky,quality ,hold their own type of players..The likes of Vardy ,Maddison,

Ndidi,Chilwell,Albrighton,Barnes  with the added and odd outside top signing of Tielemans.

Until we can confirm Europe,more signings of Tielemans quality will not be easily realised...

 

That said we have seen Mahrez,Chilwell,Vardy, Albrighton,Ndidi then of late Ricardo,Maddison,Maguire cut the Cloth as Top consistent

quality PL-players...

Like the old adhege..

So near..!  yet so far away..

Life is a gamble........One way or the other.......Left or right .........up or down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Life is a gamble........One way or the other.......Left or right .........up or down.

 

6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Life is a gamble........One way or the other.......Left or right .........up or down.

Time for a bit of relevant good old fashioned music..

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

 

Time for a bit of relevant good old fashioned music..

 

 

Great song - no reason why it should be old fashioned though. 

Then again, biblical lyrics, so suppose goes back to whenever Ecclesiastes was written/spoken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fuchsntf is it time for the "Football and its connection to Eastern Philosophy and Mysticism" thread yet. :twitch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He really has developed into a serious player- we've known what he offers out of possession for a while but I'm amazed at how good he's managed to get on the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was really impressed with him last night... flying around, legs coming out of nowhere to steal the ball...

 

... but there was at least 1 occasion when as he lunged, the Cambridge player turned the way Hamza wasn't expecting and got crunched. Would have been a booking had it not been a pre-season friendly. More through circumstance rather than rashness.

 

I'm just worried his game is based on these sorts of tackles & over the course of a season he will rack up 2 or 3 red cards. I'm not sure how easy it is to take those challenges out of his game without affecting the rest of it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

Was really impressed with him last night... flying around, legs coming out of nowhere to steal the ball...

 

... but there was at least 1 occasion when as he lunged, the Cambridge player turned the way Hamza wasn't expecting and got crunched. Would have been a booking had it not been a pre-season friendly. More through circumstance rather than rashness.

 

I'm just worried his game is based on these sorts of tackles & over the course of a season he will rack up 2 or 3 red cards. I'm not sure how easy it is to take those challenges out of his game without affecting the rest of it.

Agree totally, hopefully he will mature and with experience cut out the rash challenges, one thing for sure he has the right manager in place to guide him.

Been really impressed since he came into the side and imo is vital to the high press that Brendan desires, exceptional last night although it was only a friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, smitha said:

Agree totally, hopefully he will mature and with experience cut out the rash challenges, one thing for sure he has the right manager in place to guide him.

Been really impressed since he came into the side and imo is vital to the high press that Brendan desires, exceptional last night although it was only a friendly.

The art of tackling and staying on your feet. Nobody better to learn from than Ndidi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SO1 said:

@fuchsntf is it time for the "Football and its connection to Eastern Philosophy and Mysticism" thread yet. :twitch:

Our Thai owners have that covered,

 

But I am born and bred with eastern philosophy,and Mysticism...

East-Midlands and the

deep mystic of New Parks..and my Gran used to live next to the Hindu temple on

Melton road.

That upbringing allowed me to realise my dreams and gurrued my way around India and the Orient,taking our wise and humble ways deep into the valleys of the

Himalayas and hindu-kush.

 

I returned even more a learned wise man and tried desperately to educate the Heathens,infidels and Barbarians on Foxestalk and surrounds,but it seems they are all lost to the preachings of Boris....and unimaginative trancess & meditations to the sons of lost causes..

Socialists who can't conserve and

Conservatives who can't be social.

Praying and asking their one true saviour Brexit to release them from all falsehoods,wetdreams, and any dreams

of common-sense.Doomed to roam life

without Kasper,Vardy,and Wes-imprinted tattoos until the end of time..

Oh my poor land what have they done..!!

 

There @SO1 I have brought you to the the first stones of the true path,can you lay a bright new one so others can follow...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

The art of tackling and staying on your feet. Nobody better to learn from than Ndidi

Shinji?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, smitha said:

Agree totally, hopefully he will mature and with experience cut out the rash challenges, one thing for sure he has the right manager in place to guide him.

Been really impressed since he came into the side and imo is vital to the high press that Brendan desires, exceptional last night although it was only a friendly.

I really rate him for his fitness and speed, but he scares me to death every time he goes into a tackle.

 

Under 21's etc he is fine, but unless he learns quickly at the higher levels, can see him giving away countless fouls in and out of the box and seriously injuring players. Last night two of his tackles in a so called friendly were disgraceful. Just because he is "one of our own" doesn't mean we should be okay with his  "x" rated lunging tackling. Hopefully BR will knock that out of him, but not his competitiveness. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I really rate him for his fitness and speed, but he scares me to death every time he goes into a tackle.

 

Under 21's etc he is fine, but unless he learns quickly at the higher levels, can see him giving away countless fouls in and out of the box and seriously injuring players. Last night two of his tackles in a so called friendly were disgraceful. Just because he is "one of our own" doesn't mean we should be okay with his  "x" rated lunging tackling. Hopefully BR will knock that out of him, but not his competitiveness. 

Oh come off it, you sound like an Arsenal fan. He’s whole-hearted and aggressive but he’s not malicious. Watched the entire match on Tuesday and he was hardly ‘disgraceful’. I agree that he needs to stay on his feet more because the top midfielders won’t  dive in, or put themselves in a position to dive in but if Brendan went in and said right Hamza you need to lose some aggression you’d limit half his game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boy is class. I’ve never seen him have a bad game. Seems to have added a bit more composure to his game as well and looks a lot more comfortable on the ball too. Keeps it nice and simple which is just what we need.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Shinji?

That would be a great training session: Hamza tackle Shinji without knocking him over.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...