Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mo-rima

Hamza

Recommended Posts

Better much better after a fairly average last handful of games. Did Kante on a number of occasions which was nice and was very good at pressing which helped us get in to the game. Feel he might have done better at attacking and defending set pieces today, Ndidi is so strong in that regard and without him we aren't as good at dealing with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually thought he was hiding a lot when we were on the ball. Evans was telling him in the second half to make himself more available and Rodgers half-referenced it in his post-match interview. To take the next step he needs to be ballsy and want to dominate on the ball as well as when winning it back.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I actually thought he was hiding a lot when we were on the ball. Evans was telling him in the second half to make himself more available and Rodgers half-referenced it in his post-match interview. To take the next step he needs to be ballsy and want to dominate on the ball as well as when winning it back.

Agreed with this. He's good at pressing and closing down and making tackles, but he needs to improve his game on the ball. We were struggling to get the ball forward quickly from defence because our midfield were being too static and Hamza was not offering himself enough in my opinion. He needs to work on that part of his game otherwise it stifles our game if the defenders are just passing side to side and haven't got a midfielder able to take it off them and pass forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he's certainly more a Kante style of midfielder than an Ndidi style of midfielder, having him just sit and hold is actually a waste

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much better than against Southampton, better position and less running around like a headless chicken! 

 

Need more games, more experience! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlucky with the sending off but nowhere near the standard required to step into Wilf's role. Either need to give Mendy an extension or get in a proper backup for Wilf

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he played well. Obviously it will be a learning curve to step into Wilf's role and it's not going to happen  overnight. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had a good game. Did his job and gave the ball quickly to our more creative players who just weren't at the races today. Having Wilf wouldn't have made a difference imo.

 

He does need to learn not to make silly tackles like that on a yellow card. If he was a little more street smart it would help his game more. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first yellow isn’t even a foul.

 

But as I’ve been saying, he needs to learn to control himself, he knew he was on a yellow, what is he doing.

 

We’ve got serious problems next week now if Wilf is still out, I presume Mendy is still struggling as well.

 

 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

The first yellow isn’t even a foul.

 

But as I’ve been saying, he needs to learn to control himself, he knew he was on a yellow, what is he doing.

 

We’ve got serious problems next week now if Wilf is still out, I presume Mandy is still struggling as well.

 

 

What's ridiculous is the inability to appeal sending offs where the first booking is hilariously wrong. 

 

But you're right on him having to control himself

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamza Hamza Hamza

Whether one  tackle is worth a yellow over the other. I dunno.

soon as he goes to ground though it looks reckless and whichever tool of a ref we have .......they will punish him..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamza was unlucky with the sending off. Generally he's been decent with the ball on the floor but is poor in the air at set pieces. Against Chelsea and again at Wolves he allowed Rudiger and Boly free headers that led to goals. Boly's was, of course offside but a free header all the same. Hamza won't improve this immediately so we need Ndidi back as he is better in the air.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saved our bacon on many occasions last night. I wish people would stop comparing him with Wilf they are completely different types of midfielders. It's as stupid as comparing Wilf with Kanté.

 

Neither him nor YT should be defending Boly for headers - same with Rudiger. Rodgers needs to address our lack of height or our Goalkeeper's inability to defend a ball in the 6 yd box.

 

The Free kick on the edge of the box, he played the ball perfectly. First yellow deserved, not second but the Ref was trying to play make up for the offside goal.

 

He is going to be a special player 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The first yellow where he won the ball was deserved but the second one where he hacked their player down to stop a breakaway wasn't? Interesting way of looking at it.

Hack ? Get back to reading the sun , man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to insult me, he purposefully stopped a breakaway by bringing down their player, it wasn't malicious but it was stopping a break and makes it an automatic yellow so I struggle to see how you think that's Dean making up for something yet the first yellow he got was deserved where most would argue it probably wasn't even a free kick, but feel free to pick out one word which can be used in a manner of different ways rather than answer a simple question, by all means.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FIF said:

Saved our bacon on many occasions last night. I wish people would stop comparing him with Wilf they are completely different types of midfielders. It's as stupid as comparing Wilf with Kanté.

 

Neither him nor YT should be defending Boly for headers - same with Rudiger. Rodgers needs to address our lack of height or our Goalkeeper's inability to defend a ball in the 6 yd box.

 

The Free kick on the edge of the box, he played the ball perfectly. First yellow deserved, not second but the Ref was trying to play make up for the offside goal.

 

He is going to be a special player 

This is spot on for me, not sure why it's drawn a confused reaction

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the whole a fair performance, but stupidity for the red - that could've cost us.

 

Still think he goes to ground too easily though. 

Edited by Charl91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

No need to insult me, he purposefully stopped a breakaway by bringing down their player, it wasn't malicious but it was stopping a break and makes it an automatic yellow so I struggle to see how you think that's Dean making up for something yet the first yellow he got was deserved where most would argue it probably wasn't even a free kick, but feel free to pick out one word which can be used in a manner of different ways rather than answer a simple question, by all means.

Both were dubious decisions, in my opinion the better referees put the context of those together and don't produce the 2nd yellow card for the 2nd marginal decision 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shailen said:

He had a good game. Did his job and gave the ball quickly to our more creative players who just weren't at the races today. Having Wilf wouldn't have made a difference imo.

 

He does need to learn not to make silly tackles like that on a yellow card. If he was a little more street smart it would help his game more. 

Ndidi being bigger helps. The Wolves goal, yet again Hamza was beaten at the back post. 

 

Agree in the context of the game but it's just set pieces for me that need looking at, especially given we conceded 2 goals in the last match from them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Ndidi being bigger helps. The Wolves goal, yet again Hamza was beaten at the back post. 

He doesn't even jump when challenging for the ball which is really strange.

 

Can't wait to get Ndidi back in as he's just nowhere near as good as him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MattP said:

He doesn't even jump when challenging for the ball which is really strange.

 

Can't wait to get Ndidi back in as he's just nowhere near as good as him.

Very few players are to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...