Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Amartey signs new contract till 2022

10 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Honesty one of the weirdest threads I have ever read.  Baffled that anyone could think anything other than  "nice one, good on you".  Keep on proving em on big Dan.  X

You can’t be baffled,this is a place where a player gets written off 45 minutes into their debut or because they missed a penalty!

• Like 3

I don’t get this place though,for a place that’s more tolerant of a manager than any other social media platform,the players don’t get given a chance. Amartey as done decent on the limited chances he’s had not being played in his natural position,he’s like our Phil Neville. 

Dont care what anyone says some of our signings have not been given a fair chance both by the club and the fans and I include Slimani Silva and I ll even throw in Musa. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Dont care what anyone says some of our signings have not been given a fair chance both by the club and the fans and I include Slimani Silva and I ll even throw in Musa. 

Bet his agent had uttered those words a few times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Good one.

The point is though he’s not very good is he. 

He's been absolutely fine as backup for the right back position. Yes he makes some **** ups, but that's generally in his first few games in the team. Then he tends to settle and and prove to be a decent asset. Every squad needs some filler, it's as simple as that. We've got our first choice centre back sorted now, so unless there are injuries or suspensions or we're resting people, he'll not be playing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

The thing about Lord Dan is he genuinely seems to have the attitude that everyone on here says they want.  So often we see players slated for not trying, not improving or "looking mardy".  Dan seems the antidote to most of this and yet still some people slag him off.

He was brought in as a CB for the future, made a couple of cameos and played well.  Then he was thrown in to DM, made a few mistakes, got slated and judged but worked hard and started to show improvement.  Since then he has been moved around the team, never once moaning, always smiling, always working hard, until he finally found himself at RB.  Again a few shakes but he applied himself and was definitely improving.  Before his injury this season he had started to look very solid and was performing well.

He'll come good, physically he is a beast and his work rate and attitude seem top notch.  We love you big man.  X

:nigel:

I don't know what to say about this. 

He has undoubtedly improved at RB and he has the attitude we're looking for and is very versatile.

He does have one of "those" games, where the only thing he does successfully is Handball, Give away a penalty or get sent off within 5 minutes of coming on. He is a weird one, but I'm kinda glad he's signed.

He's not a great footballer and generally the praise he gets is because he's put in a competent performance. As a squad filler who can play multiple positions if needed though, I've no problem having him round the squad. He looks like a proper loveable sleezebag with his tache as as well

• Haha 1