Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

Our Squad...

...who would you keep from the current crop if you had the power to change it tomorrow? (dont think i've missed anyone!?)

Schmeichel - Yes

Jakupovic - No

Ward - Yes

Simpson - Yes

Chilwell - Yes

Morgan - Yes

Maguire - Yes

Fuchs - Yes

Benaloune - No

Pereira - Yes

Evans - Yes

Soyuncu - No

(Defence: with a couple of signings our defence is still pretty solid)

Gray - Yes

Albrighton - Yes

Silva - No

Amartey - No

Iborra - No

James - No (purely down to injury)

Ndidi - Yes

Maddison - Yes

Mendy - Yes

Ghezzal - No

Choudhury - Yes

(Midfield: 5 midfielders are good enough, the rest are poor, our weak link and need to replace Mahrez and Kante)

Ihneacho - No (no,no,no,no,no,no)

Vardy - Yes

Okazaki - Yes

Diabate - Yes

(Strikers: Without Vardy we are weak and need serious decent investment)

Who would you keep/get rid of?

Edited by koop.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Ahh yes, the yearly bin players off thread

Silva, Slimani, Jakupovic, Iborra & Benalouane would be straight out if I booted up a fresh Footy Manager game. King, James & Shinji too if I had no sentimentality. I somewhat believe in most of the squad apart from the prior mentions, people opinions on here flip flop with form and results; it's preposterous

• Like 1

Just now, Jaspa said:

Ahh yes, the yearly bin players off thread

Silva, Slimani, Jakupovic, Iborra & Benalouane would be straight out if I booted up a fresh Footy Manager game. King, James & Shinji too if I had no sentimentality. I somewhat believe in most of the squad apart from the prior mentions, people opinions on here flip flop with form and results; it's preposterous

It's a perfectly fair question once a squad has been together long enough. 

Your bin list isn't too different to mine to be fair 

Of your yes players, i think Okazaki offers little now; an occasioanl substitute player who runs around with little effect.

Regarding no - I would keep Ihneacho - I still think he has the quality to succeed. System does not suit him and Puel dos not help with his confidence by playing him as a (isolated) lone striker when Vardy is injured.

I would also keep Soyuncu - still young and evidenceof sufficient ability to improve. Bear in Mind Morgan perhaps has one more season and Evans isn't that young either - and Maguire may be sold - he is worth keeping for potential.

Amartey is versatile and good enough to keep for no.w Having mentioned his vesatility, would he better if he was able to concentrate on one position?

Yes, I agree about Fuchs but he has said this said his is last season.

We do need strikers and that has been evident from before start of season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, koop. said:

It's a perfectly fair question once a squad has been together long enough. 

Your bin list isn't too different to mine to be fair 

It's just abit crude mate. Like; we're supporters, we're supposed to support Leicester City players through thick & thin - not hurl abuse at them when their form dips or while acclimatising to a new League in a new country with a new group of players and start talking about ploping them in the bin & giving up on them as a fan.

Not saying you've specifically abused them and I'm not aiming this at you but the stuff Nacho was getting coming off the other night was absurd, and going "bin, bin, bin" over a load of players names kind of pushes that negative mentality towards certain players, some fans just go along with what they hear others say. We have a young squad and we're not there yet, we're inconsistant but mid table in the Premier League.

19 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Bin the highly rated young Turkish international who's looked pretty good so far after, what, 4 appearances; keep Simpson and Morgan who are both looking done at this level at the moment. Lay off the Christmas sherry chap

Agree with Soyuncu, he looks quality to me. Harsh on Wes and based on Simmo’s performance against Man City, harsh on him too. 

Edited by funkyrobot

37 minutes ago, koop. said:

...who would you keep from the current crop if you had the power to change it tomorrow? (dont think i've missed anyone!?)

Schmeichel - Yes

Jakupovic - No

Ward - Yes

Simpson - Yes

Chilwell - Yes

Morgan - Yes

Maguire - Yes

Fuchs - Yes

Benaloune - No

Pereira - Yes

Evans - Yes

Soyuncu - No

(Defence: with a couple of signings our defence is still pretty solid)

Gray - Yes

Albrighton - Yes

Silva - No

Amartey - No

Iborra - No

James - No (purely down to injury)

Ndidi - Yes

Maddison - Yes

Mendy - Yes

Ghezzal - No

Choudhury - Yes

(Midfield: 5 midfielders are good enough, the rest are poor, our weak link and need to replace Mahrez and Kante)

Ihneacho - No (no,no,no,no,no,no)

Vardy - Yes

Okazaki - Yes

Diabate - Yes

(Strikers: Without Vardy we are weak and need serious decent investment)

Who would you keep/get rid of?

_20181220_210610.JPG

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Agree with Soyuncu, he looks quality to me. Harsh on Wes and based on Simmo’s performance against Man City, harsh on him too. 

I like Wes, I rate him more than Evans, but let's be honest, he's been sent off twice already this season having been caught out and forced to bring a player down. He's on his last legs. As for Simpson, he's been pretty poor for the best part of 18 months now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I like Wes, I rate him more than Evans, but let's be honest, he's been sent off twice already this season having been caught out and forced to bring a player down. He's on his last legs. As for Simpson, he's been pretty poor for the best part of 18 months now. 

Whilst it might be his last season Wes has been quality for us over the last few games, particularly when he’s had Evans alongside him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You know you’ve hit the jackpot when your first six reps of your new thread are :blink:

unsure what is mad about it? which players that i've ditched are realistically good enough or shown enough?

Soyuncu maybe i've been a bit harsh

our midfield is poor with no strength in depth and we are crying out for strikers

Don't get me wrong, I am honestly not mr negative i am usually very positive but the simple fact is our squad isn't the best

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Whilst it might be his last season Wes has been quality for us over the last few games, particularly when he’s had Evans alongside him. 

However he's not got long left in him at this level, so you'd not keep him beyond the end of the season unless he wants to do a player/coach thing and start getting his badges. 

1 minute ago, koop. said:

unsure what is mad about it? which players that i've ditched are realistically good enough or shown enough?

Soyuncu maybe i've been a bit harsh

our midfield is poor with no strength in depth and we are crying out for strikers

Don't get me wrong, I am honestly not mr negative i am usually very positive but the simple fact is our squad isn't the best

I think the :blink: reactions are more confused about your choices than mad fella.

Each to their own though, all about opinions!

15 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Perhaps i was harsh in Soyuncu, time will tell, but Wes and Simo are legends and still do a job. Wes has proved that over the last few games at least

53 minutes ago, koop. said:

Schmeichel - Yes

Jakupovic - No

Ward - Yes

Simpson - No

Chilwell - Yes

Morgan - No

Maguire - Yes

Fuchs - No

Benaloune - No

Pereira - Yes

Evans - Yes

Soyuncu - Yes

Gray - Yes

Albrighton - Yes

Silva - No

Amartey - Yes

Iborra - Yes

James - No

Ndidi - Yes

Maddison - Yes

Mendy - Yes

Ghezzal - No

Choudhury - Yes

Ihneacho - No

Vardy - Yes

Okazaki - Yes

Diabate - no

Quoted with my choices

• Like 1

1 hour ago, koop. said:

Schmeichel - Yes

Jakupovic - No

Ward - Yes

Simpson - No

Chilwell - Yes

Morgan - No

Maguire - Yes

Fuchs - No

Benaloune - No

Pereira - Yes

Evans - Yes

Soyuncu - Yes

Gray - Yes

Albrighton - Yes

Silva - No

Amartey - No

Iborra - No

James - No 

Ndidi - Yes

Maddison - Yes

Mendy - Yes

Ghezzal - Yes (more to come)

Choudhury - Yes

Ihneacho - No

Vardy - Yes

Okazaki - No

Diabate - Loan 

Good enough list, as it isn’t realistic to get rid of players so easily. We have an unbalanced, overpaid squad that will take 3-5 windows and tens of millions of pounds to fix, we have some unproven youth like Barnes, but in reality we need to buy well.

15 Yes - 11 No from your list.

Question for me is how many of our players are good enough for a top 6 side? 

Very few. Laughable some were suggesting we build a squad around Gray (hasn’t improved at all) Barnes(unproven entirely in the premiership) and Maddison(the only one I’d definitely want to see here long term).

Edited by SheppyFox

5 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Good enough list, as it isn’t realistic to get rid of players so easily. We have an unbalanced, overpaid squad that will take 3-5 windows and tens of millions of pounds to fix, we have some unproven youth like Barnes, but in reality we need to buy well.

15 Yes - 11 No from your list.

Question for me is how many of our players are good enough for a top 6 side? 

Very few. 

Kasper used to be

maguire is

vardy is on his day but his day seems few and far between although argument could be made for service

albrighton is

ricky p is

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

Kasper used to be

maguire is

vardy is on his day but his day seems few and far between although argument could be made for service

albrighton is

ricky p is

We’re in need of huge investment, the same again as we’ve already spent since winning the league, but this time we need to get it right lol 

• Like 2