Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

Our Squad...

Don't get why anyone is making their squad list and saying yes to a lot of the older players who are out of contract, thereby giving us an opportunity to alleviate a lot of wage money to use elsewhere as the likes of Morgan, Simpson, Okazaki and Fuchs (who has already said he is going anyway) are likely to be on larger money and are then calling for major investment in the squad whilst binning the likes Amartey, Diabate etc.

The only players who badly need moving on imo are Slimani, Benalouane, King and Silva because they clearly aren't in the manager's plans. Even to do that will be challenging/take time. Combine that with the the liklihood that 3 or 4 of the 5 out of contract will leave and that will give us some real breathing space to bring in more players.

50 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Whilst it might be his last season Wes has been quality for us over the last few games, particularly when he’s had Evans alongside him. 

That’s as may be, but in all honesty if we have intentions of moving this Club forward,  this has to be Wes’s last season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, koop. said:

As confused as many are at my post, it seems most would only keep roughly 50-60% of our squad, therefore highlighting we need investment and large changes 

Not sure how you worked that one out. First you confused us with your squad selections then you confuse us even more by making up stats! 

(I can't believe I'm still up at this time - not used to being on holiday! ;) )

Players that are now superfluous/not good enough IMO (at the end of the season, if we're not replacing them soon):

Jakupovic (unless he's happy as a number 3)

Simpson (need another right back to keep Amartey as back-up/bench, and use Ricardo upfield)

Morgan (can keep as a deep back-up if he's happy not playing much)

Fuchs

Benny

Silva (not really worked for him after all that...)

James

Nacho

Slimani

I'd like to see Ghezzal play more at 10 before I have a full opinion of him - might work best in rotation with the group behind the striker again - he doesn't seem to drop as deep as Madders (which causes problems) and could be more effective at times in the linkup role Okazaki used to fill, but needs more testing.

11 hours ago, koop. said:

...who would you keep from the current crop if you had the power to change it tomorrow? (dont think i've missed anyone!?)

Schmeichel - Yes

Jakupovic - No

Ward - Yes

Simpson - Yes

Chilwell - Yes

Morgan - Yes

Maguire - Yes

Fuchs - Yes

Benaloune - No

Pereira - Yes

Evans - Yes

Soyuncu - No

(Defence: with a couple of signings our defence is still pretty solid)

Gray - Yes

Albrighton - Yes

Silva - No

Amartey - No

Iborra - No

James - No (purely down to injury)

Ndidi - Yes

Maddison - Yes

Mendy - Yes

Ghezzal - No

Choudhury - Yes

(Midfield: 5 midfielders are good enough, the rest are poor, our weak link and need to replace Mahrez and Kante)

Ihneacho - No (no,no,no,no,no,no)

Vardy - Yes

Okazaki - Yes

Diabate - Yes

(Strikers: Without Vardy we are weak and need serious decent investment)

Who would you keep/get rid of?

Jaku, Morgan, Fuchs, Simpson,Benny, Silva, James, Iborra, Ghezzal, Diabate, Shinji All to go

5 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

I'd like to see Ghezzal play more at 10 before I have a full opinion of him - might work best in rotation with the group behind the striker again - he doesn't seem to drop as deep as Madders (which causes problems) and could be more effective at times in the linkup role Okazaki used to fill, but needs more testing.

I like the look of him, he is obviously skillful but I can also see that he is strong on the ball (unlike Diabate)

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Bin the highly rated young Turkish international who's looked pretty good so far after, what, 4 appearances; keep Simpson and Morgan who are both looking done at this level at the moment. Lay off the Christmas sherry chap

He missed the pen against Man City. That's be enough to be binned.

Edited by That_Dude

12 hours ago, koop. said:

Puel- Nope

Schmeichel - Yes

Jakupovic - Nope

Ward - Yes

Simpson - Nope

Chilwell - Yes

Morgan - Nope

Maguire - Yes

Fuchs - Yes

Benaloune - Nope

Pereira - Yes

Evans - Yes

Soyuncu - Yes

Gray - Yes

Albrighton - Yes

Silva - Nope

Amartey - Nope

Iborra - Nope

James - Nope

Ndidi - Nope

Maddison - Yes

Mendy - Yes

Ghezzal - Nope

Choudhury - Yes

Ihneacho - Nope

Vardy - Yes

Okazaki - Nope

Diabate - Nope

Well I’d keep 14 of them.

• Like 1

Ok guys lets be fair here! With the exception of a few players the squad is fine.

Benaloune – No ( long overdue )

Ghezzal – No ( don’t think he has enough ability for the Premiership )

James - No ( purely down to continual injuries )

Look at Silva a real class player now training with U23’s because of our manager.

(Old Clueless Claude) PUEL is the one that need to be let go first, before we move on players. Silva is class just look at his history. I feel the reason he and many of the others are not performing is the manager. Let’s not lose good player because of a very poor manager.