Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

9 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Only if you’re Fickle! You can’t change your mind back after one game! Credit for the win,let’s see if he can keep a settled team now and carry on a decent run.

Totally agree I’ve not changed my mind after one game. We hold our own against decent sides because they play the style we are trying to play. 28% isn’t exactly high possession football either 

Let’s hope this isn’t yet another false start and we can finally begin to climb back up the table ? good result today finally something to smile about on a Saturday evening 

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

At last - the statement win we all needed, not least the manager.

Big Wes imperious. Ricardo and Chilwell so impressive, but best of all..   

what a fcuking GOAL!!

Ricardo was fantastic.

Chilwell’s dribbling and defensive work are really getting better and better.  He now just need to improve his choice of passing and runs and decision making, and he will really be awesome. Fuchs can still teach him a thing or two there but I hope Chilwell can learn. He keeps running towards the corner flag when he should have pass the ball forward to Vardy much earlier on a few occasions. 

• Like 1

Just goes to show that when we play with confidence, we can cause any team problems. It's no good sitting back and letting the opposition overrun us, like we've done many times this season. We have the players who can unsettle defences whenever we hit them on the break.

There's no reason why we can't do that more often.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hsssssss. Snake or hero? :dunno:

All seriousness, sounded like how we used to play, we gave it a bloody go, makes a refreshing change.

Welcome back Leicester City, where have you been?!

Puel adapting under pressure or simply adapting and finally being flexible in his style? :dunno:

dont you go choking on that slice of humble pie.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

Never believed in karma until today when Alonso's shot hit the post and stayed out. Dimmy was fouled at the other end by Rudiger and nothing given.

Fantastic result, gritty 1st half and fantastic 2nd half. Massive performances from Chilwell and Ricardo, both offensively and defensively. Hamza is developing into one hell of a defensive midfielder.

Hamza was great too. Yes. He made Mendy and Ndidi look much better. He was the best of the three CMs today.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

It takes time to rebuild a side and transform the way it plays.

Time and patience.

rebuilding a side takes time indeed. But gone are the days when you can turn in turgid performances on a weekly basis in the process- especially if you are hoping for a top half prem finish. 

10 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The first half was not awful and embarrassing at all. Chelsea were playing quality football and had us pinned back. Barely any team in the country could do anything about how they played today, Chelsea have the ability to pin any team back.
Pressing a team that is high pressing you is dangerous and stupid, we did the right thing and tightened up the midfield and defence and soaked up pressure. 
Not really sure what you are expecting us to do in that situation? 

So we only improved cus Chelsea played shitter?

• Like 1

So a positive this time for what is a work in progress, last week plenty were calling for his head when we lost at Palace though in the cold light of day they created nothing but scored a  worldy and we can not rely despite a much better 2nd half and a few near misses but lets remember it was only Palace, oh wait they just done Oilchester City scoring 3. So hopefully people will take a step back and look at how we have come on less than 2 months ago we had the biggest set back in the clubs history and still have the youngest squad in the Prem, lets enjoy this look to a positive against Pep on Boxing day

• Like 1

I think this game is the first game of the season that everything went on Puels plan..

First half resilient, finished the half with 0-0 so Chelsea could not go all attack from the start of the second half.

Since Vardy's brace, it almost reminded me of our title winning season I was nearly in tears TBH..

Hamza was excellent!

Hopefully this is the answer for our away tactics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yes I agree!

In fact even in this game we saw the difference. The first half was a throwback to early 2016/17 under Ranieri. Teams learned how to deal with us and all we did was punt the ball hopelessly up field inviting waves after waves of pressure. Second half our players put their foot on the ball and kept it. It made all the difference.

Yes, when your winning away 1-0 at Chelsea with 77mins on the clock, it is the perfect time to pull out a bit of Puel ball, passing it neatly and keeping possession whilst the clock winds down, whilst also having the option of launching a counter if Chelsea commit too many men forward to try to press you out of possession. We did this excellently today.

I don't think our problems are necessarily connected to possession vs counter attack, we need to be able to do both. I think more problems come from how passive we are when pressing off the ball, especially in the first half of games. If we started a bit more aggressively, especially against lower teams, and press high and force a first goal, then after that a blend of possession and counter attack will work very well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I know some people still won't be happy today or convinced about Puel, but I hope they can realise that today, in isolation, he's done superbly.

Tactically matched Chelsea and clearly had a plan to perhaps soak up and contain in the first half and play like we have nothing to lose in the 2nd half, and it paid off. Choudhury again turned up. Plays beyond his years, sometimes and to do it twice in a week shows he's confident and perhaps ready for more first team football...

Very happy with the defence, too. Schmeichel making some key saves, good blocks by the players in front of him. From the 2nd half starting we took the game to Chelsea and showed we can be brave and it paid off, fortunately! We got them rattled and they started panicking. They became sloppy in possession because of the pressure we were putting on them. We seemed quicker and hungrier. 

Gotta give credit to Puel for that victory as much as the players (no doubt that's hard for some to do). Not playing Vardy in midweek and risking his injury is justified. Bit of squad rotation is also justified from Tuesday to today.

Just need to find that consistency and perhaps he'll find people turning towards him and lending their support to him again, me included. After the Palace defeat that tipped me over the edge that he should go but if he can get the players playing like they did today in that 2nd half more regularly, then I don't see how anyone can have complaints. To go to London, for us, and come away with 3 points is a rarity (over two years since last done!) is a big achievement. Especially so when you do it with a clean sheet against a side that hasn't lost at home in 8 months, and against a quality side like Chelsea with the talent they have.

Enjoyable 3 points! 

Difference between the first and second halves was players tried to hit passes forward rather than sideways or build up slowly. Maybe Vardy had a word or two to say at half time. As the commentator said during the first half, Leicester used to always look for Vardy the first time. Now they don’t.

They tried again during the second half. Well done. Puel, please listen.

Just now, MPH said:

rebuilding a side takes time indeed. But gone are the days when you can turn in turgid performances on a weekly basis in the process- especially if you are hoping for a top half prem finish. 

Well, we're top half, so what you just said is wrong in one way or another.
Either we can, either we absolutely don't turn in turgid performances on a weekly basis.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know some people still won't be happy today or convinced about Puel, but I hope they can realise that today, in isolation, he's done superbly.

Tactically matched Chelsea and clearly had a plan to perhaps soak up and contain in the first half and play like we have nothing to lose in the 2nd half, and it paid off. Choudhury again turned up. Plays beyond his years, sometimes and to do it twice in a week shows he's confident and perhaps ready for more first team football...

Very happy with the defence, too. Schmeichel making some key saves, good blocks by the players in front of him. From the 2nd half starting we took the game to Chelsea and showed we can be brave and it paid off, fortunately! We got them rattled and they started panicking. They became sloppy in possession because of the pressure we were putting on them. We seemed quicker and hungrier. 

Gotta give credit to Puel for that victory as much as the players (no doubt that's hard for some to do). Not playing Vardy in midweek and risking his injury is justified. Bit of squad rotation is also justified from Tuesday to today.

Just need to find that consistency and perhaps he'll find people turning towards him and lending their support to him again, me included. After the Palace defeat that tipped me over the edge that he should go but if he can get the players playing like they did today in that 2nd half more regularly, then I don't see how anyone can have complaints. To go to London, for us, and come away with 3 points is a rarity (over two years since last done!) is a big achievement. Especially so when you do it with a clean sheet against a side that hasn't lost at home in 8 months, and against a quality side like Chelsea with the talent they have.

Enjoyable 3 points! 

Absolutey full credit has to go to Puel for today and the players. that second half was top class and he was spot on tactically today. but it has to continue... 

just like many would consider it unfair  and reactionary to nail him to the cross for a few bad performances, we can’t get carried away for one excellent performance. it needs to continue and i really hope it does.